Cool Downtown Host Review (An epic tale)

So before I begin, please understand I have a thing for a good story, its how I tend to be, and what better story to read about than one where the hero learns his lessen. So with that understood, allow me to tell you my tale. If you are not interested and just want the review go to the bottom.

I have had been working on getting a site in production for my Youtube hobby for the past year or so. This of course is always a harder task than it seems because of the amount of work that goes in to it.So lets fast forward, I was having a site built by a seemingly capable guy, he says "Hey mike, you may want to go on and buy your hosting, Id recommended Godaddy because they are the cheapest and most convenient "

Those words would forever haunt my soul, as I was plagued by slow load times (Seriously, Wordpress backend would take upwards of SEVEN Seconds...FFS). Worst of all, a friend of mine being hosted on Godaddy site ran better than mine, and at the time mine was a basic theme. When I called to have them switch me to another server I was told "Well, we dont see any problems, and dont forget your on a shared server so it will be slow at times, due to that we Can not/will not move you" Yeah..Screw that

that was the last straw, so I packed my bags and went else where. My search (And ironically, a lot of what I read brought me to this site). I narrowed it down to two hosts Stable host and Downtownhost. I ended up with Downtown, not because of service (Albeit bother were good) , But because Downtown offered me monthly plans AND had options for further expansion.

So lets talk review! within my first few days with Downtown I notice a MAJOR difference, service is top notch (I had an exchange with a Sebastion Mateo, where he openly called Godaddy terrible, either him or Jorge), There Server they put me on has been Great. And Cpanel *gasms*...Need I say more? Seriously, Great stuff. I ended up paying $57.77 for 6 months after discount. Stay away from Godaddy like you would stay away from a strange women! Id recommend them hands down , and I'm looking forward to good times in the future.

"Shared Hosting doesn't mean slow, it just means the person who said it is a complete idiot"

(if you wanna hear more about those emails just say so )

Glad to hear it worked out!
    TheHostGenie.com
    cPanel | Softaculous | R1Soft | Ksplice
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS | Dedicated
    sales@thehostgenie.com

I just skipped strait to the review... Its always great to see another happy person with their hosting. The only thing that I am wondering about is why do you thing godaddy sucks? I do hate their website with a passion but there domain propagation time is instant. A feature I find very useful when dealing with newby clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grabit View Post
    I just skipped strait to the review... Its always great to see another happy person with their hosting. The only thing that I am wondering about is why do you thing godaddy sucks? I do hate their website with a passion but there domain propagation time is instant. A feature I find very useful when dealing with newby clients.
    I probably should have clarified, Domain wise Godaddy is fine, cheapest you can get.

Hosting is Godaddy's BIGGEST problem, I wouldn't recommend them...Well I'am sure its just a toss of a coin though.

Quote Originally Posted by kid2k789 View Post
    I probably should have clarified, Domain wise Godaddy is fine, cheapest you can get.

Hosting is Godaddy's BIGGEST problem, I wouldn't recommend them...Well I'am sure its just a toss of a coin though.
    Well thats not entirely true. Godaddy is good quality but you can definitely get domains for around $7. But yeah I would definitely try and stay away from any major non hosting company that offers hosting. Just because.

I think anyone who shifts away from godaddy is a happy customer because their standards are so low. Their uptime is in range of 85-90%.

Please avoid godaddy for hosting. Domainwise they arent the cheapest but they register more TLDs than other registrars. I would definitely stick with godaddy for domains even if I have pay a dollar more.

Quote Originally Posted by ganeshran View Post
    I think anyone who shifts away from godaddy is a happy customer because their standards are so low. Their uptime is in range of 85-90%.

Please avoid godaddy for hosting. Domainwise they arent the cheapest but they register more TLDs than other registrars. I would definitely stick with godaddy for domains even if I have pay a dollar more.
    Agreed its worth the extra dollar. But because I am reselling domains I need to get them at cheaper prices. I did a lot of searching and I am able to sell for $9. Not making much but at least I am not turning down customers or sending them to the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grabit View Post
    Agreed its worth the extra dollar. But because I am reselling domains I need to get them at cheaper prices. I did a lot of searching and I am able to sell for $9. Not making much but at least I am not turning down customers or sending them to the competition.
    ITs also important to check for the max discount using the promo codes. They keep changing them and its difficult to find the 30% ones, but some googling will get us an active one and that further reduces the difference in cost.

seems more of a Godaddy than a downtown host's review

Quote Originally Posted by kid2k789 View Post
    So before I begin, please understand I have a thing for a good story, its how I tend to be, and what better story to read about than one where the hero learns his lessen. So with that understood, allow me to tell you my tale. If you are not interested and just want the review go to the bottom.

I have had been working on getting a site in production for my Youtube hobby for the past year or so. This of course is always a harder task than it seems because of the amount of work that goes in to it.So lets fast forward, I was having a site built by a seemingly capable guy, he says "Hey mike, you may want to go on and buy your hosting, Id recommended Godaddy because they are the cheapest and most convenient "

Those words would forever haunt my soul, as I was plagued by slow load times (Seriously, Wordpress backend would take upwards of SEVEN Seconds...FFS). Worst of all, a friend of mine being hosted on Godaddy site ran better than mine, and at the time mine was a basic theme. When I called to have them switch me to another server I was told "Well, we dont see any problems, and dont forget your on a shared server so it will be slow at times, due to that we Can not/will not move you" Yeah..Screw that

that was the last straw, so I packed my bags and went else where. My search (And ironically, a lot of what I read brought me to this site). I narrowed it down to two hosts Stable host and Downtownhost. I ended up with Downtown, not because of service (Albeit bother were good) , But because Downtown offered me monthly plans AND had options for further expansion.

So lets talk review! within my first few days with Downtown I notice a MAJOR difference, service is top notch (I had an exchange with a Sebastion Mateo, where he openly called Godaddy terrible, either him or Jorge), There Server they put me on has been Great. And Cpanel *gasms*...Need I say more? Seriously, Great stuff. I ended up paying $57.77 for 6 months after discount. Stay away from Godaddy like you would stay away from a strange women! Id recommend them hands down , and I'm looking forward to good times in the future.

"Shared Hosting doesn't mean slow, it just means the person who said it is a complete idiot"

(if you wanna hear more about those emails just say so )
    StableHost has three different plans, Basic, Stable and Plus. Is that not room enough for expansion?

I do agree that GoDaddy is a great registrar, but I've seen a lot of bad reviews about their hosting. Anyway as you have shifted and that it's working fine for you that doesn't matter now. Thanks for letting us know about their services (GoDaddy's and Downtown's). Keep us updated.

I can honestly say I have never read a positive review about Godaddy (at least not regarding they're web hosting). With that being said, glad you are happy with Downtownhost!
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Glad that you are happy with us
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore