non-us resident with US LLC - need bank account

I was hoping to open a US bank account on the phone with COmmerce One but their policy is to not process international applications... well she said specifically 'Canada'

Is there another bank that allows this? I opened my LLC in Delaware and I am in Canada...

I would like a bank account so ppl can make direct deposits for other services like design... etc...

There are tons of offshore banks out there. However, most require a nice sized deposit.

I've heard of some people travelling to the US, producing their ID and a completed W8, and opening an account in person.

If it was feasable, you might be able to do the same.

wouldn't your ID need to prove that you live in the US?

What's a W8 BTW>>> I'll check the forums...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-AEC
    I've heard of some people travelling to the US, producing their ID and a completed W8, and opening an account in person.

If it was feasable, you might be able to do the same.

I don't think you need to live in the US to have a US bank account. Same as you don't have to live in Caymen Islands to have a CI bank account. I *do* believe that if you are not a US citizen, they cannot allow you to open a bank over the telephone, and that it has to be done in person.

A W8 is used so you are exempt from US resident taxes, iirc.

If you have EIN, contact to Wells Fargo.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

It appears as though you want a bank account for your LLC.

If so, most banks will require your LLC to have an EIN before a business account will be opened. Otherwise, you will find it pretty much impossible even if you were to go to the branch.

If you are looking for a personal account, you may want to get in contact with RBC Centura for a personal checking account. Your account can be opened in Canada. Otherwise you have to personally attend a bank in the united states to open a personal account other wise.

Yeah I want a bank account for my LLC. .. i have an EIN number..... Is wells Fargo the only one?

Yes, walk in to a wells fargo branch in US, provide them your incorporation documents, your valid ID (passport will do), and EIN. That's it. They will open your account in a minute.

Make sure you get their internet banking, the only drawback is you can not send any wires out of a Wells Fargo account. They will need a site visit for you to get their corporate internet banking which allows wires world wide.

You can always withdraw your money by writing yourself a check to your Canadian bank.

Just an input
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

Some (if not most) states require the members of an LLC hold US citizenship. Check with Delaware law (or a lawyer) to make sure your LLC will hold weight in court... you don't want an LLC if there is no liability protection =).
    Fast Serv Networks, LLC | AS29889 | DDOS Protected | Managed Cloud, Streaming, Dedicated Servers, Colo by-the-U
    Since 2003 - Ashburn VA + San Diego CA Datacenters