Angry RackNine.co.uk: very poor customer service

Ok, I got a cheap £1 a month account with racknine.co.uk to do some pretty basic web dev stuff on, so nothing challenging and as it was software from softaculous and supported by them it shouldn't have been resource heavy. They sent me an invoice for the next month 2 weeks before it was due, which is normal, and as normal for me I would pay well before the due date. However 5 days later they notified me they were terminating my account with no reasons given.

I then check my sites to see if I had been hack and something illegal had been uploaded and nothing had changed since I last used it and nothing illegal on the site. I then contacted them to ask why my account had been terminated and they deleted the service ticket without replying.

A shocking company who clearly can't be bothered to contact their customers. One to avoid!

Hope this helps someone if they are thinking of using them.

Mark
    Last edited by threeminutes; 03-20-2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: addition

Sorry things did not work out so well. This is typically why I avoided cheap unlimited hosts. The support just never worked for me. Hope you find someone better for your work =)
    Currently hosting with SolidShellSecurity.com && awknet.com
    -- I give them both 10/10 ratings for support, uptime, fast servers, security and quality services =)
    I do freelance programming, server management, and web design work. =)

That is a shame they they seemed to ignore you and delete the ticket. How did you know it got deleted? Did you send from the email address on file for the account? If you're still interested in why the and want to contact them, maybe PM them here. Rack Nine.
    Quote Originally Posted by threeminutes View Post
    [...]as it was software from softaculous and supported by them it shouldn't have been resource heavy.
    Even though something is available from an auto-installer on a host, does not mean it can't cause resource or other abuse issues. A simple php script that is badly coded could cause issues if done properly. If hosts selected only scripts that could never cause resource or abuse issues, there wouldn't be any unfortunately. I'm not saying resource issues where the cause here as you don't know what that was but wanted to bring up that point.
    -Steven | Cooini, LLC
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by steven99 View Post
    That is a shame they they seemed to ignore you and delete the ticket. How did you know it got deleted? Did you send from the email address on file for the account? If you're still interested in why the and want to contact them, maybe PM them here. Rack Nine.
    Even though something is available from an auto-installer on a host, does not mean it can't cause resource or other abuse issues. A simple php script that is badly coded could cause issues if done properly. If hosts selected only scripts that could never cause resource or abuse issues, there wouldn't be any unfortunately. I'm not saying resource issues where the cause here as you don't know what that was but wanted to bring up that point.
    True, but it would have been easy for them to have contacted me and let me know of any issues or pre-warned about certain scripts. When the ticket was open I got an email with a link to the ticket which was there yesterday and "open" but today it has been deleted without a response.

Sorry to hear your bad Experience with them, have you contacted them through email? or at WHT?
    ☆☆ RoyalNode Web Hosting☆☆ In Business Since 2018 (3 Years)
    ►►Los Angeles CA USA, Oregon Seattle USA, Canada, Amsterdam NL EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►
    Affordable Managed SSD VPS and Managed Dedicated Server Provider◄◄

Quote Originally Posted by Askforhost Hosting View Post
    Sorry to hear your bad Experience with them, have you contacted them through email? or at WHT?
    Nope but deleting a ticket (it didn't just expire) tells you everything that they saw the ticket and decided not to answer. To be honest there isn't much of a defence to that, nor should a customer be require to to contact them outside of the ticket system. It is no great loss to me as it was only a dev site and not anything important, but I just wanted any people interested in the company to have the review.

I think this attitude is not good, if you are a provider...... If you have complain with your customer, talk to them and solve the problem....
    or

Should we wait for the 2nd side of the story from the provider too?
    ☆☆ RoyalNode Web Hosting☆☆ In Business Since 2018 (3 Years)
    ►►Los Angeles CA USA, Oregon Seattle USA, Canada, Amsterdam NL EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►
    Affordable Managed SSD VPS and Managed Dedicated Server Provider◄◄

I have actually heard of this hosting company being worthless once or twice before. It is clear that I will not be doing business with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Askforhost Hosting View Post
    I think this attitude is not good, if you are a provider...... If you have complain with your customer, talk to them and solve the problem....
    or

Should we wait for the 2nd side of the story from the provider too?
    I would be more than happy for them to respond, even though I will move elsewhere (well at the moment I don't have a choice), it might help those that are thinking of using them.

I agree - that is appalling. They may need to suspend the hosting for over-using server resources, but that should always be accompanied by clear communication.

If you haven't already done so, please can you confirm the domain you hosted with them. That's not to say we don't trust you; it's just the standard way to work on this forum to avoid it becoming a place where bogus reviews (good or bad) are allowed to distort reputations. Your comments are really helpful for others - so it's worth establishing that your experience is for real.

(If you don't want to list the domain publicly, you can tell the moderators at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=8021761).
    Not as active on WHT as I used to be, but still drop in and receive email notifications from here.
    My personal blog site: https://www.oakleys.org.uk/blog

Quote Originally Posted by JamesOakley View Post

If you haven't already done so, please can you confirm the domain you hosted with them. That's not to say we don't trust you; it's just the standard way to work on this forum to avoid it becoming a place where bogus reviews (good or bad) are allowed to distort reputations. Your comments are really helpful for others - so it's worth establishing that your experience is for real.

(If you don't want to list the domain publicly, you can tell the moderators at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=8021761).
    Thank you for the link I have sent the mods the domain used with the racknine.co.uk account.

Thank you for the link I have sent the mods the domain used with the racknine.co.uk account.
    Thank you and confirmed

True, but it would have been easy for them to have contacted me and let me know of any issues or pre-warned about certain scripts.
    I would like to agree completely with this point. Even if you had been causing some troubles to them, they should have informed it to you. Proper communication is a basic point while you do business. I hope their representative here could explain the other part of the story or atleast what happened there to cause service interruption to OP.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

When you paid did you get confirmation of payment?

Was the invoice marked as paid within your client area?

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    When you paid did you get confirmation of payment?

Was the invoice marked as paid within your client area?
    I got confirmation of of the previous invoice, the next one which still had over a week to go was cancelled by them, it is marked "cancelled" in the client area.