I have recently transferred a couple of domains to namecheap. To be honest, the original reason was because of the discount codes that were offered that made it attractive for me to keep a couple of domains that I might have originally just let go at the going price of domain renewals.

I just want to say this for what it is worth, and it just a personal observation. I have tested the live chat system in the past couple of weeks at all different times of the day and have always been able to speak with someone. Of course, I did not have any direct questions, but just knowing that I can actually contact someone 24 hours a day, and someone respond.... speaks volumes.

I have a lot of domains, and rest assured I will continue to do my due diligence and not just base my decisions on 24 hour live chat, but let me tell you..... just being able to speak to someone immediately relaxes me.

I had one transfer from one registrar to namecheap that went smoothly and did not need the assistance of live chat, and then I had another transfer from the same registrar that did not go as smoothly and I used their live chat. They opened a ticket to their support and my transfer got back on track, and it was no fault of namecheap. I just love being able to speak with someone..... and hope the guys at namecheap know that some out here appreciate the little things that go along way.

Of course, I don't put all of my eggs in the same basket.... but I will slowly add to the basket until it becomes full.... as long as they continue to do the simple things that make people feel comfortable.