What do you do if your server is on a blacklist???

This just happened to my server about a week ago. Folks complaining they cannot get their signup emails etc, me not getting server notifications etc etc. Sure enough, showing up on a blacklist, one that checks the /24 block. So I am penalized for somebody else in block spamming .
    I tried to setup godaddy email on the server, it works but not for internal emails FROM server (ie using php script to notify somebody or me). I added the mx records to the WHM and it does not work, I tried to add site to /etc/remotedomains and remove from the remotedomains but that does not work.
    somebody mentioned using pears SMTP mail method, but then would have to change all the code, ugh.
    how can I change the main servers relay so ALLLLL email will be relayed through the godaddy servers instead of the default it is using. i am running Exim.
    thanks

Maybe i read over this too quickly, kinda confusing
    Some more details on server?
    Control Panel?
    OS?
    Godaddy Hosted Server or Dedi?? ( they are strange )

__________________Server Systems Administration NZ | SSANZGot Hacked? | 24/7/365 Remote Professional Support | Affordable Server Management

WHM 11.23.2 cPanel
    CENTOS enterprise 5
    I have a dedicated server
    godaddy is registrar and just using the free email per domain and using their servers or mx records on my server so mail is handled via godaddy instead of server which is blacklisted.
    does that help?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcgeek

WHM 11.23.2 cPanel
    CENTOS enterprise 5
    I have a dedicated server
    godaddy is registrar and just using the free email per domain and using their servers or mx records on my server so mail is handled via godaddy instead of server which is blacklisted.
    does that help?

Which server is blacklisted your's or godaddy's ? Websites hosted in your dedicated server and mx points to godaddy ?
    If it's your server blacklisted and is running Exim as mail server you may change the interface IP to another IP , so you may avoid blacklisting problem
    Majoosh

Thanks for your reply.
    my server is not through godaddy, it is ded. server and runs the exim. The server ip is blacklisted.
    so all websites are on server....for the domains where folks sign up, I tried to use the godaddy email mx but the server still sends from itself and not through the godaddy mx for internal emails.
    how do I change the interface ip to another ip in exim? can this be the godaddy server?
    all the ips available to me on the server are blacklisted due to the /24 block.
    looking forward to your details on how I can do the relay with godaddy. I assume there must be some authentication though?
    no where to set it in cpanel.

Quote:

Thanks for your reply.
    my server is not through godaddy, it is ded. server and runs the exim. The server ip is blacklisted.
    so all websites are on server....for the domains where folks sign up, I tried to use the godaddy email mx but the server still sends from itself and not through the godaddy mx for internal emails.
    how do I change the interface ip to another ip in exim? can this be the godaddy server?
    all the ips available to me on the server are blacklisted due to the /24 block.
    looking forward to your details on how I can do the relay with godaddy. I assume there must be some authentication though?
    no where to set it in cpanel.

So you need to send out mails from the server ? and since your server IP's are blacklisted it's rejected by the receiving server ? If this is the case then there is no use changing exim's Interface IP. You may need to send authenticated mails via some other server. What language you use is it PHP ? if so you need to take a look at the source code http://email.about.com/od/emailprogr...t/et073006.htm and http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/howto-...ntication.html
    Majoosh

thank you so much for that first sample script. it worked just fine using the godaddy authentication....godaddy being accpeted by many email clients after quick tests. no blacklists, i am surprized.
    and it doesnt seem to matter what mx records I have on my server.
    it is too bad it will not work on server after chaning the mx records, now I have to modify my scripts to do the smtp.
    but thankss sooo much for that script. I have solution now ))))

Quote:

thank you so much for that first sample script. it worked just fine using the godaddy authentication....godaddy being accpeted by many email clients after quick tests. no blacklists, i am surprized.
    and it doesnt seem to matter what mx records I have on my server.
    it is too bad it will not work on server after chaning the mx records, now I have to modify my scripts to do the smtp.
    but thankss sooo much for that script. I have solution now ))))

Glad to know you have a solution now
    Majoosh