Thread: IPB MySQL Help

Hybrid View

IPB MySQL Help

Hiya everyone. Sorry to bother you people who would normally say "Just download IPB and explore it." (Just like that reply to the fadin' links deal.) But I have a problem.

I need help trying to sum up a MySQL query (to PHP variables) that gets the TOTAL number of users currently online and echos them. (I have IPB 1.3.1 final by the way.)

Yes, I've already tried including Boards.php/Online.php into my index.php for my site, and it gave an error message saying that there was an "Unexpected NON-Member object."

Besides that query, I need to get how many REAL total posts there are on the board. (I can get all in all total posts, but that ALSO includes the deleted posts.)

Thank you people in advanced.

Also, I took a look in the Boards.php and Online.php for IPB 1.3.1 (Which is what I use), and I couldn't get the code itself to work in my own code, because

1.] functions.php is not included on my index.php
    2.] The $ibforums variable doesn't exist in my index.php
    3.] IPB is stupid without its source files.

So there yeh go.

The Mod you are trying to install is NOT for 1.x.x. Thats why the error.

It's not a modification I'm trying to install. I'm just using PHP to get the total number of active members from the MySQL Database and then have PHP echo the number to my index.php

(http://iyeru42.zero-outpost.com/index.php) NOT the board!

can't find server. can u come up on msn? look in my profile for my nick or come to my site. its also in my profile

Web Messenger is a pain in the butt. No, I won't come up on MSNM. As I'm at school at the moment...

1.] We can't download zips, RARs, EXEs, etc.
    2.] We have a super duper that searches for keywords on a page (like bre@$t) and makes dansguardian (http://www.dansguardian.org) come up.

Also, the CFS error is actually a DNS error (Did you try refreshing when it came up?) If it doesn't come up for you, try in two days (maximum), if it still doesn't come up...

email me using my MSNM E-Mail Address.

Edit: By the way, I hate sites that force guests to login. Your marquee thing at the top of the board there, as well as all of those other images up there, really make it look bad. Like if it were made by someone who used to be on iF who didn't know how to even manage his/her own board skin/etc. properly.

Edit #2: MSN Web Messenger can't add you to my list, it says: "A problem occured, please try again." (Did that twice, didn't work.)
    Last edited by iyeru42; 05-23-2006 at 11:04 AM.

Guess you really dont need the help. As for the Marquee. Its been there for over two years with no complaints!

No, I kinda do need you help, if you have knowledge on how to parse it so that when I query from ibf_members and select the colmn where it has either a 0 or -1 (Which gets set when you login or logoff) that it will put up a counter to a PHP variable for each -1... eh... I guess visual aids will help in this case...

Code:
    // MySQL says:

Column X has "5" -1 variables.

// PHP replies

For each -1 value, I'll add 1 to the variable $totalmembers.

// and php then writes...

$totalmembers.
    However, SINCE IPB only sets the -1 value back to 0 when you hit the logout button, it doesn't really help, because I am still logged in at home, so IPB still thinks I'm logged in. (-1 value.)

..uh, do you have license for this version 1.3.1

You don't need one, but yes... I do, that's why the copyright at the bottom is gone. Sage 'lended' his Liscensed copy to me... since literally I'm on his server, and it's HIS copy... so eh.