Actual Satisfied Hosting Customers - Please Read

Hey all,

I have purchased a dedicated server through ValueWeb, which is for a partnership arrangement, but I need another server for myself. I feel that ValueWeb and myself will have a great relationship

I don't want to get my 'own' server there, because they don't have cPanel - which is what I need. However, their service so far is great. They even have phone sales with hold music, and live support chat. WOW ..much more advanced than my old host, which can't afford a phone connection, ..or maybe didn't pay the phone bill? Hmm, or maybe they pulled the plug out of the wall because they didn't like the color of the bill?

Oh, sorry - I'm getting off track. Where was I? Oh yeah..

I am looking for a company that can keep their servers running, and wont pull the plug if I give them lip for causing me downtime and loss of money and stuff. So far, I am interested in one with rackshack.net. They have:

Intel Pentium 4 (2.0GHZ) - 1GB Ram, 80GB HDD, 400GB Transfer, Cpanel $149.00 - which sounds "pretty nice" to me.

..but before I take the plunge and say "I do", is there anyone that would have just cause to disagree with our matrimony? ..or forever hold your peace

My last host {{{...not mentioning any NAAAAMES!!!!}}} completely ruined every thing I had built, constantly and cost me many thousands of dollars. I don't want to go through that pain again.

At the moment I am VERY happy! I can't wait to be able to "keep" my customers. It will be fantastic. Like a dream. I think that everything will be just fine for me now. I feel it in my bones

I just want to make sure I choose a company that has a VERY good reputation. I mean, every company has problems, but I want a company that will do their utmost best to resolve situations when problems arise and not start getting tough and threatening me with downtime and cancellations of service if I have anything to say about their tough tactics.

Oh, and I'd prefer if the manager/CEO is past puberty.

So, any suggestions? Advice?

MrLeN

P.S. I don't want replies from actual companies. I want replies from actual satisfied customers.

We have our remote monitoring server at Rackshack and only had a single issue during their DOS attacks where they turned off ICMP - but they explained everything in the forums, so at least we weren't left guessing when the thing lit up like a Rudolph's nose. Other than that, the only contact we've had with support was requesting a pair of IPs for nameservers, which was handled in under an hour. The forums are active, and the staff actually post there, which to me is always a good sign (I might be biased on that, since we do the same thing ). I don't think I've ever seen anyone complain that they were shut down because of comments they may have made related to the service or support there.
    Annette
    Hosting Matters, Inc.
    Superior service. Sensible price.

Cool!

Great!

Thanks Annette - Just what I wanted to hear.

My smile is gleaming!

MrLeN

Re: Actual Satisfied Hosting Customers - Please Read

Originally posted by MrLeN
    . . . . . . . any suggestions? Advice?

MrLeN

P.S. I don't want replies from actual companies. I want replies from actual satisfied customers.
    Just in case anyone is confused; he is looking fo suggestions.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Atjeu.com has been great for me. Support is excellent (even at 1:30 AM), network is rock solid, prices are great (it's a good value).

Email their sales and see what they can quote you on the same specs as the RS server.

Yes. IMO you should go ahead and get the rackshack server.

I have dealt with three other providers for colo and/or dedicated servers. Two of them didn't last through the first week with me because I needed customer service and they failed to deliver. So far with Rackshack, I've been quite satisfied--I haven't needed any customer service because Rackshack gets the job done as it should.

Instant setup. Great network & great uptime. They are an admirable business and I am happy to be a customer.

Yes. I've never bought anything from atjeu, but on a streak of about 1am to 2am I was talking with a sales guy. First it went from sales, then to good bandwidth providers, then we were just having a friendly conversation. All e-mails were answered within 5 minutes, I was amazed. From looking at their network info (http://www.atjeu.com/network.html), it seems they have much better bandwidth providers too. So, since I don't have any real experience, I'm not going to suggest them to you. But if I was looking for the highest quality unmanaged provider with still pretty good prices, I'd probably go with atjeu.

Oh, you may want to look in the planet too, they have a great reputation on this board just like atjeu.

Rackshack.net

I've had nothing but good experiences with my server at RackShack so far.

99% of the uptime on a dedicated server is the customer's doing. There are people who could have a server sitting in Exodus's finest facility with triple nic cards and hot swappable everything who couldn't get their uptime over 95% if they tried.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

MrLeN, checkout ServerMatrix.com. Heard very good things about them.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

MrLeN - I'm not hosted at RackShack (I actually work for a small competitor), but I can say that you won't be upset with RackShack - They are the largest unmanaged server in the US, and probably in the world. They have the art of hosting down to a tee. They won't get annoyed at you for giving them lip about downtime, because frankly, they are never down. Their network is one of the best around, and they have over 11Gbps of connectivity.

Oh, and I'd prefer if the manager/CEO is past puberty.
    http://www.rackshack.net/english/images/hs.gif - He's past puberty - No question there.

-Josh

Re: Actual Satisfied Hosting Customers - Please Read

I am interested in one with rackshack.net. They have:

Intel Pentium 4 (2.0GHZ) - 1GB Ram, 80GB HDD, 400GB Transfer, Cpanel $149.00 - which sounds "pretty nice" to me.

Make that 700 Gb of monthly data transfer. RackShack have a stable network and is a good choice for unmanaged servers.

Whatever you do, do not put all of your servers in one DC.

The Planet and Rackshack and American Webhost!

In my opinion you can not go wrong with any of them.
    Respectfully,
    Jon Marler

I've been very satisfied with Rackshack. I ordered the server about a month ago, and I have had my sites live on the server for a couple of weeks now without a hiccup! Set-up was really fast and all support tickets have been answered in under an hour...some as fast as 5 minutes.
    Midwest Dedicated
    Content Management Solutions, Design, Managed Servers
    http://www.midwestdedicated.com
    Providing the highest quality IT services since 1999.

Rackshack is a very nice company, no doubt about it. From what you are saying that you need, it should work well for you.

You might also want to check out superbservers.net. They have one of the best and most reliable networks around imho. I've had a server with them for 4 months, and the performance/reliability has been excellent. Although I don't believe they offer CPanel, they do have "Webmin" and "Ensim WEBppliance". I'm not sure how they compare.
    Last edited by Zeph; 06-05-2003 at 07:08 PM.

Thanks!

Thanks everyone!

Looks like rackshack it is

MrLeN

Give Nocster a try.

You should try Nocster managed servers. I am a client of them since December 2002, despite the network problems they had, everything seems fine now, and the support has dramatically improved (my last 2 tickets were answered after 20 minutes, which is outstandng from my point of view).

I am sure you will not loose your money and business with them.

All the best.

Catalin
    ||| >> Web Hosting and PHP/MySQL development services.
    ||| >> Vacation properties rental script - we are selling and supporting it since 2003: http://www.online-rent.com

Re: Thanks!

Thanks everyone!

Looks like rackshack it is

MrLeN
    I've been there since Oct of 2001 and it's been really good. I was even there when they had to physically move all of the servers from their temporary facility to the new DataCenter where they have REALLY grown and been successful and even that went smoothly.

Downtime is never an issue (never say never ) They seem to be able to pull the rabbit out of the hat during DDOS attacks, fires.. cut fiber... whatever.

YOU are the person who will likely cause downtime, should there be downtime

I think you'll be happy..

Shortz

As long as you can manage the server, rackshack look to have a very stable network and it sounds like they can provide what you require.
    Matthew - Burton Hosting
    low cost shared, reseller, VPS & dedicated solutions for over five years - we've got what you need.
    http://www.burtonhosting.com
    http://www.getmesupport.com - server monitoring service for all!

You'll be happy with rackshack. They're not even on utility power right now

Aside from them, a couple other good providers include servermatrix and dedicatednow.

All good

Thanks everyone.

MrLeN