Anyone have any used raised floor they will sell? Need 6000sf

I am located in Western New York and need to purchase about 6000 square feet of raised access flooring pretty quickly and seem to be having a hard time sourcing it.

I definitely need to purhcase used for cost reasons. Any ideas or leads are apprecaited.

- Jim

Buying used raised floor can be fraught with risk. Make sure you get floor that is zinc whisker free.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by salviski View Post
    I am located in Western New York and need to purchase about 6000 square feet of raised access flooring pretty quickly and seem to be having a hard time sourcing it.
    Sourcing new tiles can't be that hard though I suspect you'll have to wait a while to get that much raised floor plus air flow tiles, closing plates, grommets if you need them, etc.

But sourcing used tiles will be a rather substantial task indeed.

No specific ideas, but you could try asking in the isp-equipment mailing list.

You might ask local real estate agents who specialize in commercial real estate if they know of any substantial server rooms/data centers that are being or have been shutdown in the last 12-24 months and might not have been bulldozed by the property owners yet. It could be worth searching a wide geographic area and some major metro areas within a drivable distance and renting a truck to pick up the flooring if it's going to get trashed anyway.

Other than that I don't really know - maybe telecom and/or network equipment hardware resellers would have a line on that kind of thing or an awareness of who might?

And of course you don't absolutely need raised flooring, especially if you have high ceilings. I've been in several DCs that have all power and network cabling running in multiple channel ladder levels above the racks. Facilities like AtlantaNAP have no raised flooring and they seem to get along fine.

And then of course there are companies on here that may have what you're looking for

Quote Originally Posted by salviski View Post

I definitely need to purhcase used for cost reasons. Any ideas or leads are apprecaited.

- Jim
    Jim,

I might know someone that can help you out. I just purchased tons of raised floor at a great price. Feel free to contact me tomorrow.

Best regards,
    Reyner Natahamidjaja
    :: Global IP Networks - Tier 3 Data Center and Managed IT Solutions
    :: SSAE 16 SOC-2, PCI and HIPAA Compliant
    :: https://gipnetworks.com

Moved to Other Hosting Related Requests.

Try contacting Critical Power or Baker Street Resources, they both advertise with used raised floor on their websites.
    Sune Christesen
    Data Center Map - Worldwide colocation, cloud and carrier index with interactive map.

Quote Originally Posted by serverminds View Post
    Sourcing new tiles can't be that hard though I suspect you'll have to wait a while to get that much raised floor plus air flow tiles, closing plates, grommets if you need them, etc.

But sourcing used tiles will be a rather substantial task indeed.

No specific ideas, but you could try asking in the isp-equipment mailing list.

You might ask local real estate agents who specialize in commercial real estate if they know of any substantial server rooms/data centers that are being or have been shutdown in the last 12-24 months and might not have been bulldozed by the property owners yet. It could be worth searching a wide geographic area and some major metro areas within a drivable distance and renting a truck to pick up the flooring if it's going to get trashed anyway.

Other than that I don't really know - maybe telecom and/or network equipment hardware resellers would have a line on that kind of thing or an awareness of who might?

And of course you don't absolutely need raised flooring, especially if you have high ceilings. I've been in several DCs that have all power and network cabling running in multiple channel ladder levels above the racks. Facilities like AtlantaNAP have no raised flooring and they seem to get along fine.

And then of course there are companies on here that may have what you're looking for

thats not exactly correct. we have 12500 of raised floor now - sometimes it is needed - very specifically for certain types of equipment - like some emc and ibm equipmen.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000