Need a email server from a lenient company

Need a email server from a lenient company. I have a customer the sends out 80,000 emails a week. The email go out to customers of their website. No random spam.

Suggestions...?

Get a high end VPS or a dedicated, but do discuss your need with the provider.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

I think that it possible to find decent one, but at the same time your web hosting provider will need to contact network provider and datacenter and explain why emails are being sent.
    Santrex Internet Services
    Shared Hosting & Dedicated Servers & Shells
    High Quality Only!

I already have 50 servers sprinkled around the country, but I need a dedicated Linux box from a provider that is very lenient about emails. My customer has been running into problems left and right. Every email campaign they run, at least one customer gets upset and reports the email as spam to the dc or registrar.

Companies typically work with you if it's one or two complaints here and there, and the e-mails look legitimate. If your customer is running a "promo campaign" about buying pharmaceuticals, or other typical topics associated with spam, it's going to be a hard case to prove that it's not spam.
    TailorMadeServers.Com - Dallas Dedicated Servers since 2003
    joseq@tailormadeservers.com | Skype (TailorMadeServers) | http://twitter.com/tailoredservers

Consider outsourcing the email handling to a company that specializes in mailing lists. There are so many problems involved with managing mass mailings. Even if all the recipients are opt-in, you're still going to get tons of spam complaints anyway. The mailing list companies are equipped to keep on top of those complaints to keep the server from getting blacklisted, and they also may use special mail server configurations to ensure that the emails make it through to a larger percentage of the intended recipients.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

Quote Originally Posted by bqinternet View Post
    Even if all the recipients are opt-in, you're still going to get tons of spam complaints anyway.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by bqinternet View Post
    The mailing list companies are equipped to keep on top of those complaints to keep the server from getting blacklisted, and they also may use special mail server configurations to ensure that the emails make it through to a larger percentage of the intended recipients.
    Any suggestions..? Thats why I created this thread.

This is only my experience... double check everything I say!

My understanding is that you may need to purchase a separate IP block for this client and let your DC and host know what is going on. Registrars don't care too much.

Code to live by, if you need to send a lot of emails:

1. Do not blast emails, trickle them to domains. If you blast say, gmail, then you will get your IP list blacklisted on gmails spam list. End of story.

2. Once you start getting complaints, handle them quickly and efficiently, but with absolute professionalism. Point to automatic opt-out forms and privacy policies. And when someone opts out, remove them IMMEDIATELY! The whole 24-48 hour thing is also what gets you added to blacklists.

3. Make sure your headers are complete!!! The first thing a spam block is going to look at is a header to see if it is valid. Don't screw around.

4. If you get an auto blacklist, contact the company like St. Bernard, Barracuda, etc. and have them whitelist your IPs. This only works if the individual companies have not blocked you though...

5. Follow all of the CAN-SPAM laws to the letter. There is no use going through all this trouble just to loose it with a mis-step.

6. DO NOT SPAM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LevelServe Admin View Post
    Need a email server from a lenient company. I have a customer the sends out 80,000 emails a week. The email go out to customers of their website. No random spam.

Suggestions...?
    I think I'll slowly back off this thread with my ten foot pole

I would sincerely hope you are careful with the direction you take your business down with this client. this client using your businesses good name for the cover of sending 80K e-mails may damage your reputation, but not theirs. It may not be worth the money you make from this client to take them on.
    - Donovan K
    Want to monitor and manage your customers Windows systems by Client software, web portal, or mobile phone?
    Automated scripts, patching, and remote access too? Ask me how!

Well, you need to check carefully what type of mail they are using. Don't get yourself black listed because of your client. Thats what I think. As you are a reseller you need to be careful on this.

Withstanding my last post, I have to agree with Donavan.

I personally would not take this client on. And I would not let them on my network either.

I would wish them well and refer them to a company that already does mass emailing as their business model... It really is a headache to deal with and I am sure they are not paying you enough to deal with it.