* Need advice with HostGator reseller

Hello members,

I'm planning to open a shared hosting business. I looked around and found a good price at hosgator reseller. They were very cheap and look promising, even though if we did build a dedicated server and maintain it our self, it will be cost much higher.

Is someone here has already doing business with them? I need to know how many sites estimated that can be host by reseller? and about the up-link speed, resources, etc..?

thank you in advance.

You get a set amount of disk space and bandwidth so how many sites depends on your plan allocation and what you allocate to your customers. Resource usage is probably the same as shared.
    Hosting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by felz View Post
    Hello members,

I'm planning to open a shared hosting business. I looked around and found a good price at hosgator reseller. They were very cheap and look promising, even though if we did build a dedicated server and maintain it our self, it will be cost much higher.

Is someone here has already doing business with them? I need to know how many sites estimated that can be host by reseller? and about the up-link speed, resources, etc..?

thank you in advance.
    Hello,
    A long time ago (6+ years), I had a Host Gator reseller account, I can vouch for it being stable however the downside was that Overselling was not an option. I am not a fan of plans with absurd amounts of Disk Space (500 GB, Unlimited, Unmeetered, etc) but I do think it is wise for small resellers to oversell slightly (as long as they upgrade before they max out) to remain competitive with the market.

What urks me about HostGator is they hash unlimited plans on their reseller accounts but 95% of their business are in fact Unlimited Plans (Their Shared Hosting)
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

i have a reseller account with hostgator, and everything is good. servers are good, support is good...

but little things are really starting to bug me.

Maybe its just me, but i dont think it takes long to outgrow a resellers account. Like i can restore or move or migrate an account to a VPS in minutes, but with my resellers account, im completely dependent on them.

When i signed up with hostgator, i had never heard of resellers who offered end user support. Depending on your time / business strategies, end user support might be something worth consideration.

My opinion is that hostgator has the best support in the web hosting industry. I use to have the vps plan and everything was great! You can always upgrade if you oversell. Try asking hostgator.

I use their service 2 years ago with basic reseller plan they are great go ahead their support are great and servers are too fast.

I used them for one year with no downtime and always great support. I am fan of HostGator and love those guys.

But one thing they don't allow overselling at Reseller package, mabye it helps

re. Hostgator

Been with Hostgator for several years, other than a few accounts being suspended for violation of their terms (clients on reseller packages usually sent out too many emails, but as long as the client can prove it was just a mailing list that they had set to send out more emails per hour than allowed they us-suspend)
    A++ support, had the same server and IP since early 2000
    Last edited by SHOUTcast; 08-21-2011 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Enabled Thread Subscription

I'm with hostgator and their support is very good, but the no overselling might be an issue, have only just launched my business so not an issue yet!

hostgator is undoubtedly one of the best and stable providers around. Go for them, but you may also once check the offers section, there are good providers here on WHT also.

I'm with hostgator and find their support A+ specially as I'm a first timer as a reseller even though I've managed several sites for years.
    My current plan allows for growth and from what I see it's easy to upgrade as and when I need.

Yeah I just started using HostGator reseller. I like that you can upgrade the plan monthly if needbe. I wish they allowed overselling!!!