Lightbulb Good alternative to OVH?

I've bought a ovh server from some reseller but I don't quite like it. Are there any good alternative to ovh which comparable price and specs? I'm basically looking at unmetered servers, and not very expensive.

Well i havent seen anything better than OVH. OVh is only good if you can access the OVH manager etc and im pretty sure you dont have access to it since you bought it off a reseller

The only other place i can see cheap unmetered it Server.lu but the setup prices are high

Are you looking for an "offshore server" You may want to check out leaseweb, they have a decent reputation and they are located in the Netherlands.

Go to LeaseWeb or Ecatel.
    With LeaseWeb you have a lot of configurations, nice prices.
    With Ecatel is 2-3 configurations I think, but they offer very cheap bandwidth, and they isn't so bad as some people writing/think on this forum.
    // AltusHost - European Web Hosting Provider
    // Dedicated Servers & Managed Hosting that your business can depend on.
    // Multiple Locations: Netherlands | Sweden | Bulgaria | Switzerland
    // Superior 24/7 Technical Support

Quote Originally Posted by OH-Bill View Post
    You may want to check out leaseweb, they have a decent reputation
    Really? How did you come to that conclusion? Leaseweb support is dreadful, they can't even maintain their own guaranteed response times when you buy one of their support packages, and offer no compensation when they miss the response deadline (which makes the guarantee redundant).

Take a look at http://www.hetzner.de/en/, they are doing a very nice server for €49/month (€150 setup though).

Quote Originally Posted by kohkindachi View Post
    I've bought a ovh server from some reseller but I don't quite like it. Are there any good alternative to ovh which comparable price and specs? I'm basically looking at unmetered servers, and not very expensive.
    in terms of bandwidth at ovh price, unlikely there is any alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrac568 View Post
    in terms of bandwidth at ovh price, unlikely there is any alternative.
    There's Keyweb (provded you're not doing illegals). OVH is only good if you want OVH to OVH bandwidth.

I've seen good things about http://server.lu/ . I've used Leaseweb for about six months and the speeds were very good.
    linveo.com | Shared Hosting | AMD and Intel KVM VPS | Dedicated Servers
    Direct Admin | VirtFusion | TenantOS | 24/7/365 Support

Quote Originally Posted by atbnet View Post
    I've seen good things about http://server.lu/ . I've used Leaseweb for about six months and the speeds were very good.
    Server.lu's servers are great. We went with them about a month ago based on some feedback we saw here and haven't regretted it in terms of hardware.

Yes, there's a setup fee but the servers are available nearly instantaneously. In terms of hardware, they're all they advertise to be--though we did have a problem with their control panel when we need to reboot the server and we're not fond of rescue mode. And, at least for us, they take FOREVER to answer support tickets and it's the only way to get support since they don't really answer phones, either.

So, if you need fast responsive support, at least from our experience, you may not be able to count on them for that. If you go with them, consider these issues.

Anya

Quote Originally Posted by Nonya View Post
    Server.lu's servers are great. We went with them about a month ago based on some feedback we saw here and haven't regretted it in terms of hardware.

Yes, there's a setup fee but the servers are available nearly instantaneously. In terms of hardware, they're all they advertise to be--though we did have a problem with their control panel when we need to reboot the server and we're not fond of rescue mode. And, at least for us, they take FOREVER to answer support tickets and it's the only way to get support since they don't really answer phones, either.

So, if you need fast responsive support, at least from our experience, you may not be able to count on them for that. If you go with them, consider these issues.

Anya

I am curious as to what kind of support did you ask from them? Is your server managed?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

wWw.dedibox.fr in france - no reselling to others, AFAIK

Quote Originally Posted by quantumphysics View Post
    wWw.dedibox.fr in france - no reselling to others, AFAIK
    Can you live in the US and order from them?