Thread: Hosting site

Hosting site

Hi Guys,

Looking for little help here. Currently we are in the processs of migrating our company's site to US. It is using Resin Application Server and Oracle database. Performance and availability offcourse are the key factors. So can you please suggest any company which can help in hosting our site.

Thanks In Advance
    Samir

Would you want a server with a control panel or not? I ask because if you are planning on just hosting one site (your company's site in this case), you could grab a panel-less server from a provider and install your apps as you need to.

Cheers,
    Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

Hi Roj,

Thanks for your reply. As you might have guessed I don't have much idea about manage hosting tits bits. So let me be more specific here. Architecture wise we would like to use 2 Solaris boxes along with dedicated Raid boxes for our Oracle db and Linux based pentium machines for web servers. Correct me if I am wrong what you are suggesting some company can lease this hardware(along with monitoring/management services) to us and we can do all software installations ourselves? Well this is fine to us. If this assumption is right could you please suggest some sites/vendors?

vbmenu_register("postmenu_3506456", true);