Thread: Definitions

Definitions

To anyone who's looking for a managed hosting solution:

Be careful when picking a host. Just about every company has its own definition of the term "managed" hosting. Many companies also use terms such as "fully-managed", "semi-managed", "self-managed", and so on.

While with the term "fully-managed" you would expect the company will manage everything for you, that's by far not always true. Many companies advertise their management everywhere, and only clearly describe what their level of management really contains in their policies.

Conclusion: when looking for a managed hosting solution first check what their level of management includes, and if you can't find any clear information: ask before you order.

Very true. This reminds me of the DynamicNet thread quite a while back (about the cost of their reseller plans). As DynamicNet pointed out, they do not try to redefine what managed means.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

this forum should be a good addition

I'm not sure, there's not that much that can be discussed other then threads like this and threads like "what do you look for in a managed hosting solution", "what are good hosts that provide managed hosting".

I don't think this will be a very busy forum.