Use gmail as file storage

Who is General Fault, and why is he reading my disk?

Very interesting idea indeed. There's another application out there that uses GMail as the backend/storage area for an online gallery. That's pretty darn useful, considering you have space for 2GB worth of pictures and you don't have to pay for the bandwidth costs incurred.
    Have you Floble'd today?

i am sure google will stop such kind of activities if people start using gmail for this. Also, game demos download will be good idea in this way. we can just store game demo in email and put the user name and password on the web. good idea.
    * ´¨`*:·. .·:*´¨` * ~ X-Max ~ * ´¨`*:·. .·:*´¨` *
    I love Wikipedia.

But how?

I sent lots of my digital pictures to my gmail account and archive it.

How can Google differentiate between such upload and Goollery.

Originally posted by X-Max
    i am sure google will stop such kind of activities if people start using gmail for this. Also, game demos download will be good idea in this way. we can just store game demo in email and put the user name and password on the web. good idea.
    It's been around for at least 6 months and google haven't done anything. There is no point putting game demos in this as first you'd need to archieve then split them due to the file size limit. Secondly my experience from services like yousendit, which is far better for that sort of thing, you will always get idiots who abuse the generosity and delete files or would change account details.

That is against Google/Gmal TOS. I'm pretty sure that it will get shut down and stopped.

Then you get a present of gmail and people abuse it ...

Originally posted by hellind2
    But how?

I sent lots of my digital pictures to my gmail account and archive it.

How can Google differentiate between such upload and Goollery.
    The difference would be bandwidth. Although you might have the same amount of diskspace usage, you will never use as much bandwidth as someone using it as a public online gallery.