Newbies Saying howdy

Howdy all,
    Well we are a husband (BD) & wife (Lacy) team an are sorta new to building websites. We have done it in the past just for fun, but now we are attempting to build a site that has merit. We were told that the members of this site were very helpful to each other, and that there is little to no "bad advice" here. We truly hope so, because my husband and I are willing to help anyone, anyway we can. We figure if we can help some one in ANY way and they turn out to be a better success than ourselfs, then they either worked harder than us or we were just good teachers(lol). EVERYTHING we know about building a site comes from trial and error. Most of our knowledge is in basic HTML (boring huh), but we are taking online courses to learn other codes. Our final goal is to build a site that 100% family friendly. Our budget for doing this is very limited, so we figure that this proccess will take some time.
    Well that's about it for now. We hope we can bring some fresh ideas to this forum.
    BD & Lacy

Welcome to WHT.

We all started somewhere, and a lot of us learned by trial and error too. My first site had some rather bad coding.

You'll find Web Design and Content and (depending on what you're learning) Programming Discussion to be helpful in learning to build websites. We'll benefit from what you can share too.

A suggestion...if both of you would like to post here, set up different accounts so that we know who we're talking to.

Lois

That's a great project that you 2 can work on together.

Might I suggest: http://www.pixel2life.com/tutorials/...bsite_Layouts/

Over 16 pages worth of tutorials that show you how to build a layout from the ground up. Try to start with something very basic to get the feel of it, and then move up to the ones with the word 'futuristic' in them

Good luck!