Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hello, folks!

Whoa! I need new testers! Netflow 10/ipfix support have just added: https://github.com/FastVPSEestiOu/fastnetmon

Support Xen Virtualization?
    Dewlance® Shared/Reseller/Master Reseller - US/UK/EU/FRK/CA - SSD
    WHMCS ReadyMadeKB - Tutorials for cPanel/InterWorx/Softaculous& Growing..
    DemoTiger.com - Buy Demo Videos for your Hosting Company

Quote Originally Posted by DewlanceHosting View Post
    Support Xen Virtualization?
    Yes! FastNetMon could be used with OpenVZ, KVM, Xen and even ESXi (on external host with sFLOW).

Hello, everyone!

We have prepared rpm packages for most popular CentOS 6 and CentOS 7 Hot downloads here

Hello, network guys!

I have added BGP support to FastNetMon! I could announce blocked host to your routers directly! https://github.com/FastVPSEestiOu/fa...INTEGRATION.md

Quote Originally Posted by Pavel_Odintsov View Post
    Do not hesitate to write to me if you have any troubles Any feedback will be welcome!
    Hi Pavel,

I have trouble starting the ddosmon. any help would be really great..if i am in wrong place please redirect me..

+=+=+=+= ERROR MSG =+=+=+=

root@ddos:/usr/local/etc# ddosmon
    ddosmon: build identifier default
    ddosmon: pid 585
    ddosmon: using config file /usr/local/etc/ddosmon.conf
    ddosmon: running in background mode from /usr/local
    root@ddos:/usr/local/etc# Module /usr/local/modules/actions/nullroute.so failed to load: libssh2.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Module /usr/local/modules/actions/email.so failed to load: libssh2.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Module /usr/local/modules/actions/customscript.so failed to load: libssh2.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    (patricia.c:637 mowgli_patricia_elem_find): warning: assertion 'dict != ((void *)0)' failed.
    (patricia.c:637 mowgli_patricia_elem_find): warning: assertion 'dict != ((void *)0)' failed.

simbuk87, unfortunately it's not my tool and I can't help you. My tool named FastNetMon

Congratulations and thank you

Thanks for sharing. Will try this out.

ddos

Who cannot spend thosand of dollars on ddos detection and mitigation automatic blackholing is the right solution.

Hello!

In recent version we have multiple opportunities for real mitigation. We could detect broken icmp/udp/ip packets and block they on border firewall.

And we could use FastNetMon as trigger for traffic redirection to filtering cloud/isolated ddos resistant firewalls.

We have spent about 10 months for development of FastNetMon and could
    present huge feature list now https://github.com/FastVPSEestiOu/fa...ses/tag/v1.1.2

It's really very fast toolkit which could find attacked host in your
    network and block it (or redirect to filtering appliance)

This solution could save your network and your sleep

Our site located here: https://github.com/FastVPSEestiOu/fastnetmon

We support following engines for traffic capture:

• Netflow (v5, v9 and IPFIX)
    • sFLOW v5
    • port mirror/SPAN (PF_RING and netmap supported)
    • Also we have deep integration with ExaBGP (huge thanks to Thomas
    • Mangin) for triggering blackhole on the Core Router or upstream.

Since 1.0 version we have added support for following features:

• Ability to detect most popular attack types: syn_flood, icmp_flood, udp_flood, ip_fragmentation_flood
    • Add support for Netmap for Linux (we have prepared special driver for ixgbe users: https://github.com/pavel-odintsov/ixgbe-linux-netmap) and FreeBSD.
    • Add support for PF_RING ZC (very fast but need license from ntop folks)
    • Add ability to collect netflow v9/IPFIX data from multiple devices with different templates set
    • Basic support for IPv6 (we could receive netflow data over IPv6)
    • Add plugin support for capture engines
    • Add support of L2TP decapsulation (important for DDoS attack detection inside tunnel)
    • Add ability to store attack details in Redis
    • Add Graphite/Grafana integration for traffic visualization
    • Add systemd unit file
    • Add ability to unblock host after some timeout
    • Introduce support of moving average for all counters
    • Add ExaBGP integration. We could announce attacked host with BGP to border router or uplink
    • Add so much details in attack report
    • Add ability to store attack fingerprint in file

We have complete support for following platforms:
    • Fedora 21
    • Debian 6, 7, 8
    • CentOS 6, 7
    • FreeBSD 9, 10, 11
    • DragonflyBSD 4
    • MacOS X 10.10

From network equipment side we have tested solution with:

• Cisco ASR
    • Juniper MX
    • Extreme Summit
    • ipt_NETFLOW Linux
    • We have binary packages for this operation systems:

Please join to our mail list or ask about anything here
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/fastnetmon

Hello, WHT!

We are moving to next release 1.1.3 and would like to offer BGP support, BGP Flow Spec and DPI options here!

I spent two hard weeks with Go, Perl and OpenVZ for making new build
    system for FastNetMon

And I would like to present new beta packages for all popular distributions: https://github.com/FastVPSEestiOu/fa...GES_INSTALL.md

We have packages for:
    CentOS 6, 7
    Debian 6, 7, 8
    Ubuntu 12.04, 14.04

Also we have built new system for "repeatable builds" and could generate all rpm/deb packages in ~30 minutes for all platforms.

Blocks

Hello.

Is it possible to block the external IP using this tool and not the local IP. I understand this would not help with a full DDOS as it will most likely inc spoofed IP's but it would help us when a single IP from outside the network targets us.

I have looked over the settings but can't see a way to do this?

Any suggestions or reasons why its not possible?

what's with the mix of c / c++ functions / data types?

my only issue is the misuse of such things, otherwise good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BGP_OVERLORD View Post
    what's with the mix of c / c++ functions / data types?

my only issue is the misuse of such things, otherwise good stuff.
    Why does it matter?

Well... on the long run it does matter, specially when it comes to code maintenance.
    Your Hosting Partner of Choice
    ...everything stored in NVMe

Quote Originally Posted by PascM View Post
    Well... on the long run it does matter, specially when it comes to code maintenance.
    My point was that it should be totally up to the developer to decide this, especially when the tool is provided free of charge.

If one has an issue with the programming style... by all means, write a better tool and publish it

Hi,
    It's not a mater of programming style...but if a developer respects himself then he needs to maintain a dev style that will definitely help him during code maintenance, otherwise the project becomes easily abandoned.

Regards
    Your Hosting Partner of Choice
    ...everything stored in NVMe

Hello, all!

Thanks for the feedback! Recently, we introduced new site https://fastnetmon.com and released commercial edition to the public.

We have two versions:
    • FastNetMon Community - absolutely free and open source, licensed under GPLv2 terms
    • FastNetMon Advanced - commercial with number of new shiny features and simplified install/configuration and monitoring.

Also, we have comparison table to check features available in each edition: https://fastnetmon.com/compare-community-and-advanced/

Feel free to ask me here or with PM if you have any questions!

Following+

I would recommend a Control Panel added if you are moving the commercial route. Also an easier installation process.

These suggestions are just by a quick 5 minutes spent on your website.
    TrentaHost INC. || Fully Managed DDoS Protected Services Globally (NA - EU - Asia)
    Reseller Hosting- Pure SSD | Litespeed | Imunify360 | CloudLinux | 24x7 Support | Mailchannels
    Linux & Windows DDoS Protected SSD VPS - cPanel / WHM | DDoS Protection | Let's Encrypt | Pure-SSD
    DDoS Protected Locations : Portland, OR (North America) | Amsterdam, NL (Europe) | Singapore (Asia)

Thanks for suggestions!

We already improved install process a lot:
    wget https://install.fastnetmon.com/installer -Oinstaller
    sudo chmod +x installer
    sudo ./installer
    Install code does not make any mess in your system and just add repositories and pulls deb packages from them and make few small system wide configuration changes.

Also, we offer InfluxDB/Graphite/Grafana integrations to export metrics to external (already deployed systems). Right now we focused on APIs and integration code.

It's been very neat watching your progress on this system Pavel. I think I'm going to give it a try. Very interested in your detection rules.
    WANSecurity – Dedicated & VPS, Colocation, Application & Web Development, E-Commerce, Network Monitoring, and Blended Top Tier Internet Services in America, Europe, and Asia. Visit our site
    Email sales@wansec.comfor a custom quote
    WANSecurity has the Best Support, Fastest Servers, Most Bandwidth and Lowest Cost of Ownership - Guaranteed

Thanks for the feedback! Feel free to ask me if you have any questions!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123