Influix Guest
    .co.zw domains and us nameservers

I have a client who can't change the nameservers on his .co.zw domain to my nameservers due to restrictions.
    Is it possible to have him forward the domain to his IP and use it that way?
    Does anyone have any experience with .co.zw domains?

__________________Influix Technologies
    Web Hosting, Design

He can use your server's nameservers. You just need to add a zone file for his domain and edit the A address accordingly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Influix

I have a client who can't change the nameservers on his .co.zw domain to my nameservers due to restrictions.

He already said he cant do that.

__________________James Bone, citruszebra citruszebra.cz // 03333 404 100 // cz-at-citruszebra.czAny views are my own and not of any company I may represent.

If he can use private nameservers, he can register ns1.dom.co.zw and ns2.dom.co.zw at the registrar and use them.

Hi,
    Normal restrictions on name-servers for some country level domains is that the name-servers respond authoritatively for the domain BEFORE they will delegate it to those servers.
    I'm not familiar with the restrictions for co.zw and was unable to find them with a quick google. I would suggest that you find out the exact requirements and link them in this thread so we can provide some advice.
    I suggest you try configuring the zone first if you can't find any documentation or get your client to provide the EXACT error message.

__________________Need shared hosting? Go with a host that has been in the business for 15 years and still going strong.
    Looking to sell a monitoring or DNS service?
    Looking to sell hosting clients and/or entire hosting company? Shoot me a PM with contact details.

Hi Influix
    I see there is some more information on the .co.zw registration procedure available at http://www.co.zw/reg_proc.html.
    The registration procedure looks similar to South African domains, except that it appears to be completely manual (vs by automated email for co.za).
    For .co.za domains, you need to set up the domain using your control panel software (eg Plesk) on your server first so that the zone is created on your server. Then (and only then) you need to forward your nameserver's details to the registration authority so that your server responds authoritively for the domain.
    There is no restriction on SA domains being hosted outside of the country - am not sure if this is allowed for Zim domains...