how can i remove my url from google?

Hi all ive been to the google webmasters site etc and still have no luck.. ive posted about this before on the forums about a 404 page. I have a 404 page which works only in FF but not on IE?

I have a url on google which is www.mydomain.co.uk/~giga/forums i seriously dont like this giga thing wherever it came from.. ive never had a giga directory... im pleading.. been months and months and this dosent go away...
    Kayz
      0 Not allowed!

Have you tried blocking that part of your site in a robots.txt file? The crawlers will ignore parts of the site that you specify. This would probably be a better solution than removing your entire URL from Google.
      0 Not allowed!

how about making a "new" page to match that url, putting a forwarding javascript on it (to your main page), and adding a robots.txt to the "new" page that denies all crawling?
      0 Not allowed!

I'd stay away from using a robots.txt to not index it. That's exactly where rogue search bots look to find things you don't want indexed. Basically it's a simple way to build a high priority of urls/pages to scan.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer
      0 Not allowed!

go to http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl and submit your url with no comments, thats what i did once, and it disappeared. don't know if it was because i did that or not, because i didn't want it to happen, but I think it was. also try robots.txt.
    // Extra Moose - Modern Web Design with Usability in mind.
      0 Not allowed!

yes i am denying robots access to that area with a robots.txt i have that domain www.mydomain.co.uk forwarding to my other site so www.mydomain.co.uk dosent actually have webspace.. (but it did before) ive got a robots.txt in another domain which www.mydomain.co.uk is being forwarded to.. that is where its being denied with a robots.txt but no luck...
    Kayz
      0 Not allowed!

Kayz,

I feel for you. It must be terrible to just sit around and wait with nothing that you can do to make the url "disappear". However, as much as I am into the whole Google "game", I'm almost sure the only way to effectively have the URL removed, is to contact Google's administrator. If not once, twice or more - until they hear what you have to tell them. At least, this is how I've worked so far. And unfortunately, their team is not a perfect example of responsiveness...

Good luck,
    Amalia
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Amalia View Post
    Kayz,

I feel for you. It must be terrible to just sit around and wait with nothing that you can do to make the url "disappear". However, as much as I am into the whole Google "game", I'm almost sure the only way to effectively have the URL removed, is to contact Google's administrator. If not once, twice or more - until they hear what you have to tell them. At least, this is how I've worked so far. And unfortunately, their team is not a perfect example of responsiveness...

Good luck,
    Amalia
    Thats right.. you see im not always bothered about url's so as long my main page link is correct but this unusual url which dosent exist is clogging up my stats. I was on top for google uk and now im like on the bottom of page 2 thats why im quite frustrated with a bad url from nowhere! I have contacted google but have had no response... i will try again.

Thanks!
    Kayz
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Any other solution just isn't as good. It's as simple as asking to be removed.
    | | i write code
      0 Not allowed!