Thread: Seo

Seo

What are some good tutorials on this search engine optimization?
      0 Not allowed!

Check seochat.com I hope you'll find good articles on SEO over there.
    Outsourced Web Hosting Support

24x7OutsourcedSupport.Com
      0 Not allowed!

seochat is similar to devshed....loads of good articles plus a forum to talk about seo

you could always search google, i expect the best seo sites will optimize themselves for good rankings!
      0 Not allowed!

Not a tutorial per se but Google's webmaster section offers good "white hat" guidelines: http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/
    Forayweb - Online Solutions for Your Business
    Expert Hosting and Pay-As-You-Go Web Services
      0 Not allowed!

this forum is a good place to get help aswell!

what type of site are you seo'ing?
      0 Not allowed!

I have a collection of free web based SEO tools, Firefox SEO plugins and few articles and e-books about SEO. If I post it here it will be 30cm post of links, if anyone interested I can post it.

Before any SEO try to do what I'm doing right now:
    1. Chose a domain with a keyword(s) related to your service
    2. Chose fast/reliable hosting
    3. Develop your site(s) offline to the extent where you will be able to add new content without gross re-design. Title of the main page should contain the main keyword phrase. Keywords are also important on inner pages' titles, anchor text in internal links.
    4. Upload a site on a host and start to collect backlinks.

CONTENT, then title/domain/backlinks with anchor text (all with keyword phrase) are the most important things for SEO, I believe.
    Extremely important is domain age, well you can't influence this - or - you can buy an old domain.
    It is very hard to get among top 10 in Google with "webdesign service" or "free templates", so - for the start you can chose some more specific keyword phrase...
      0 Not allowed!

I think the best info on seo can be found at forums, look at these http://webdesigntalk.net http://webmaster-talk.com
      0 Not allowed!

You could find the info on seo forums. Even seo blogs are there. If you find short of time, you could try the e-books like seobook. Its a good book.
      0 Not allowed!

Also have a read on http://www.pr10.com << has a few good points the only problem is that its not very detailed if you are a begginer.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1090
    this forum is a good place to get help aswell!

what type of site are you seo'ing?
    Absolutely! There are some members around that know a couple things about SEO.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

web design - web hosting - Seo
    http://www.casitecenter.com
      0 Not allowed!

Something important about SEO which many sites don't cover is the way your website is coded in HTML/XHTML.

Make sure you use the correct elements in the right context, e.g. <h2> and <h3> for headings or <p>'s for paragraph. It will help search engines index your content better and display it when users search for particular keywords on your site.
      0 Not allowed!

Yep, seochat and also digitalpoint forums is the best two I have come accrossed for learning SEO.
    Web Hosting Directory - lists Quality Web Hosting Providers
    Affiliate Programs Directory - lists over 1700 affiliate programs
    These include ad networks, affiliate networks, 2-tier programs, residual income programs and much more...
      0 Not allowed!

The SEOmoz website offers some good beginner's tutorials and helpful tools. It looks like they've added a premium content section since the last time I was there, but they still have some useful free articles.

I can't link you there until I get past the five-post link ban (last one, yay!), but they're currently result #1 if you google for the site's name.
    Zenscope Studio
    Professional Website Development, Graphic Design, and Consulting
    Specialized in Independently-Owned Businesses and Non-Profits
    www.zenscope.com
      0 Not allowed!

Above site is seomoz.org and they have made a very thorough reserach (well, based on interviews of some SEOs) about factors which influence position in SEs.
      0 Not allowed!

My favourite place to read about seoing is www.v7n.com.
      0 Not allowed!