* A question by XcellenceIT: Does Yahoo! search engine matter any more?

XcellenceIT team has a question and I decided I should help them by posting the question. Here goes:
    Everybody knows that Google is a leader in search engines. But Yahoo! search engine comes right behind him.
    Besides my natural question: since all my acquaintances use Google, who are those using Yahoo! search engine after all? , I have another question:
    Is it worth it putting efforts in improving for Yahoo! search engine? Google has Sitemaps, Yahoo! has Site Explorer, but is it worth the time to have your web site inserted in both?
    OK, you have to make your web site as much W3C-friendly as you can. But Yahoo! search engine friendly?

Frankly, I don't think it's worth the time, but I'm looking for a second opinion.

Any feed-back on this will be greatly appreciated.
    Cratima Software and Cratima Interactive - www.cratima.com - Web Site made in Flash

It's a stupid question, and only someone that knows little to nothing about marketing or search engines would even suggest that.

I hope whoever asked the question doesn't also claim to be knowledgable in the field.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

Well search is a multi billion dollar a year industry so yeah.... any gain in reach makes a big difference
    What if clicking here made you extra money 365 days a year?

Is it worth it putting efforts in improving for Yahoo! search engine?
    Well, Yahoo.com is the most visited website ever, so you might wanna invest some...

Google is the leader in search engines but it would be a serious mistake to underestimate Yahoo.
    Friendlier Web Hosting
    Affordable Hosting Solution
    www.friendlier.com

Quote Originally Posted by fastnoc View Post
    It's a stupid question, and only someone that knows little to nothing about marketing or search engines would even suggest that.
    Sorry for putting stupid questions.

I just wanted an input on my thoughts.

Sorry for not making it better, but this is how I think.

Regarding the others who gave me input: thanks for all your tips. Nice tips.
    Cratima Software and Cratima Interactive - www.cratima.com - Web Site made in Flash

Quote Originally Posted by Cratima View Post
    Sorry for putting stupid questions.

I just wanted an input on my thoughts.

Sorry for not making it better, but this is how I think.

Regarding the others who gave me input: thanks for all your tips. Nice tips.
    What you said was

XcellenceIT team has a question and I decided I should help them by posting the question.
    Inferring that some IT team was asking a question.

That would be a stupid question for a team of IT people. that's my point.

It's not a stupid question for someone that doesn't know the industry.

Not every web developer knows stuff about SEO.

Peace.

You're right. It was a pretty thoughtless statement.

I apologize.

I agree, I think Yahoo is important.

On the web project i've been involved in sure, most of the traffic does come from google. However, there is a still large audience to use Yahoo search due to the other popular features they offer (Webmail etc.)

Yahoo! used to be #1 until they got really arrogant and started charging for quick submits. Google came along, made it easy, and knocked them down a peg or two. MSN has just invested tons in their search engine future...
    With more success comes more expense!