Thread: Ban Contests!

Ban Contests!

I think WHT should ban contests such as design contests...enter now and .50 cents goes to the winner. These just make me mad everytime I see them. If you cant afford to have the work done dont ask for it.

Re: Ban Contests!

Originally posted by phpjames
    I think WHT should ban contests such as design contests...enter now and .50 cents goes to the winner. These just make me mad everytime I see them. If you cant afford to have the work done dont ask for it.
    Nobody is forcing the designers to enter the contest... if they don't like the prize, they don't enter. I don't think there's any problem with contests. Besides, usually they offer $100-150 or a year of free hosting (value $250 or so usually). It's nothing huge, but it's about the price that alot of the templates around here are selling for.

As appletreats said, if you don't want to enter, don't.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

I hear this all the time...
    How about we ban posts complaining about other posts...

Re: Re: Ban Contests!

Originally posted by 311

I hear this all the time...
    How about we ban posts complaining about other posts...
    Best idea yet.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Gonna have to agree with the others... there are designers and developers here that are trying to build up their portfolio - if you think about it, contests winnings are impressive things to add to your portfolio. No matter how much competition you have (or don't have) a contest shows that out of the other contestants, you have been picked as the winner or 'first runner up/second runner up/etc'

Not only that... but there are tons of businesses on WHT looking for designers or development work - when they happen to just see 'XYZ Contest winner BLAH!' they would visit your site and see your work and give you more consideration then others. Not only will contests help you beef up your portfolio, companies on this forum will be impressed with your work.

g'luck