Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I appreciate your words. World seems to be full of arm-chair quarterbacks these days. Wish more would practice, '... if you don't have something useful to say...'.

Just saying, takes no effort to shoot someone down. Takes a thought process to contribute.

7 steps for choosing a web host:-

1.Advertising
    2.Amount of web space
    3.FTP access
    4.File type and size limitations
    5.Reliability and speed of access
    6.Perl and PHP
    7.Bandwidth allotment

This thread seem to be best of what new user like me will get atleast +1% benefit.

You forgot to say that SERVER LOCATION is one of the main things too..

Some ones i am sure have not been mentions (not enough hours in a day to check 4 pages worth of posts)

- What is your refund policy?
    - Are you incorporated?
    - Do you have a total worst case synario plan (e.g, if your service went down and got hacked, how will it be in a worst case before my site is backup)
    - How up to date are backups?
    - Server Locations
    - Server specs
    - Customer to server ratio
    - CPU limiting?

Just a few more in depth questions to add to this topic
    SIP Trunking and VoIP Lines, Numbering (DIDs and DDIs), Low Cost Minute add-ons, Secure SIP and VoIP. Business and Enterprise Grade Quality, Low Cost and Highly Competitive. Available at: https://www.voipyonder.com/

I really appreciate the time you put into to making this. I believe this will help many people, thanks mate!

I think that if you are starting a "Good guide for buying hosting" you should list something that is not listed elsewhere, something new, an opinion-changing item etc...

Please wright more about "coupons or special deals"

Thanks for the triple "T"(Top Ten Tips)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow-Sean View Post
    I never said anything bad about it or you, I was more pointing out to the fact that yes your article is helpful but it would only be helpful to those who are actually interested in reading it..

If anything, It would be more and well suited to a Blog rather than a Forum where it would only get outdated and move down the ladder wen new threads are submitted.

We are not exactly shooting you in the back and we are definitely not criticising your for making the post, We are just making our general opinions on the post.

Nice post !!!! thanks for share good post ...it is really useful information in this site...

regards.....
    kajal

Thanks for the questions. Good work.

After reading this thread plus some other reviews threads, I'm ready to take the plunge and order a hybrid server hosting account. This forum is awesome, really got me up to speed quickly : - )

It's always been my habit that if a friend of mine wants to buy a web hosting plan, I'd annoy their support system to try if they're really attentive for the client's needs.
    My list for choosing a good web hosting will be:
    Price
    Support
    Disk Space

Quote Originally Posted by mischayahd View Post
    It's always been my habit that if a friend of mine wants to buy a web hosting plan, I'd annoy their support system to try if they're really attentive for the client's needs.
    LOL i do the very same thing as well!
    Also, i like to ask whether are there any good offers currently going on. You'd be surprise at times, a customized plan would be much cheaper than an advertised discount.

This topic sure looks lively. For me, the only thing that matters is that if they can give me atleast 98% uptime and full time support. The worst thing that I've experienced in web hosting is that I don't have someone to talk in times of emergency.

This is a great list, I would advise EVERYONE looking for hosting to go through these steps if you wish to be happy with your choice in hosting. There is hosting for everyone, you can find the right deal, with the right space, and bandwidth. You just have to be patient, and look!

Thanks for the list. Didn't expect all the heated discussion for a simple list like this :-)

7) Why not vDeck?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123