server admin with unlimited support and good turnaround time

Hey guys,

I am looking for a server management company who provide CentOS / cPanel with unlimited support / admin time and a excellent turn around time. I dont care about the more popular onces such as pms and seekadmin and other such popular companies ... i am seeking smaller company who can offer more personalized yet fast and professional service.

i also have a budget (small one) to stick too... so if you have "personal" experinece with such a company i would love to hear about it.

Thanks in advance for helping a fellow WHTer

If you can state your budget as well, this would help us direct you to the right company.
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

between $25 and $50 tops.

i also have a budget (small one) to stick too.
    I think you might have a hard job getting unlimited suppport on this budget. You might be able to get a managed VPS for about $50 though.
    James - james@apnicsolutions.com
    T: +44 (0)870-421-5261 / +1 989-785-0898
    W: http://www.apnicservices.com
    Management, Admin, Total Support, Shared, VPS, Dedicated

Greetings BookMarc:

Will you work for our company a literal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (no breaks, no lunch, no vacation, no time off, etc) for $50 per month?

BTW, you would not be able to work for anyone else while working for us since you are guarantying unlimited work for the pay.

There are few things that are unlimited; especially at extremely low rates.

Thank you.

P.S. This post is not an offer of employment, but to point out that what you ask of others, you yourself must be able to do... otherwise, you might think about whether you are asking too much.
    Last edited by pmabraham; 07-17-2008 at 12:22 PM. Reason: This post is not an offer of employment or contracting or subcontracting
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

I think its possible...Im sure he wont be that dependent

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by dynamicnet View Post
    Greetings BookMarc:

Will you work for our company a literal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (no breaks, no lunch, no vacation, no time off, etc) for $50 per month?
    Greeting!

Going by that thumb rule psm and seekadmin and the other companies wouldnt have existed they offer unlimited support for $29 and then $19 per server with "Guaranteed" response / resolution times.

and the last i checked 99% of all companies who offer their services here on WHT offer them for $25 to $100 per server for anything varying from unlimited ticket support to unlimited admin time etc etc...

i guess they are all fools. and their business models are nothing but rubbish at best? wouldnt you say? i mean thats what it boils down to looking at your comment

btw: would you work for 24x7 for $100? i guess wouldnt but thats doesnt rubbish other business models.

Thanks,

If you like the companies you saw on WHT then why not go ahead and buy from them? PSM for example gives a 24 hour resolution guarantee. If your business isn't critical you'll be using them, but if you're business requires some serious dedicated attention and response in less than 30 minutes you'll be shelling out a lot more than that.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by cristibighea View Post
    If you like the companies you saw on WHT then why not go ahead and buy from them? PSM for example gives a 24 hour resolution guarantee. If your business isn't critical you'll be using them, but if you're business requires some serious dedicated attention and response in less than 30 minutes you'll be shelling out a lot more than that.
    There is this famous sports star in my country by the name Gavaskar... he once said you pay peanuts you get monkeys. I am not saying the tech admin here are monkeys what i am trying to to say is i know exactly what i can expect for what i am willing to pay.

I cant pay $200 for a server and expect a 4x4 core xeon with 64 gb ram and 8 x 147 gb 15k rpm sa-scsi harddrive. can i?

what makes you think i would expect that when it comes to services?

sorry for being rude but today is turning out to be a bad day for me.

i think i'll stay away from this thread now.

Quote Originally Posted by BookMarc View Post
    what makes you think i would expect that when it comes to services?
    Maybe I am slightly confused here but,

Quote Originally Posted by BookMarc View Post
    between $25 and $50 tops.
    Doesn't that mean you are wanting to pay next to nothing for what you are asking for or are you looking for a rubbish administrator?

Hi BookMarc,

If you want to have unlimited personalised server administration work done for you, then you will probably need to pay the management company by the hour. This should keep the service quality good whilst not abusing any monthly contracts.
    http://www.rskeens.com
    A casual blog mainly about the web hosting industry

Quote Originally Posted by RDOSTI View Post
    I think its possible...Im sure he wont be that dependent

Regards
    Ill go ahead and second that notion!
    Kody R.
    US Datacenter Operations Manager
    100TB.com -> Awesome dedicated servers. 20 locations & lots of bandwidth

Greetings BookMarc:

1. If you know of all those companies, then you didn't need to post the thread.

2. Just because a number of companies oversell, does not mean you get what they advertise.

If you believe you can get unlimited support for $50 per month, then push towards that unlimited (i.e. just pile it on and pile it on and pile it on so you get the true definition of the word, unlimited), and they do it for $50, then my hat is off to you.

However, chances are extremely high that anyone who does advertise unlimited for even $100 per month would point towards some form of fine print should you push the true definition of the word, "unlimited" by your actions.

And if that holds, true, then you are seeking something that doesn't exist.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

We took charge of the client. The work I must admit was incredible...a bit too much. The client wanted tons of information, back and forward emails regarding what each item did or didn't and how it helped or didn't..

SADLY we made our first error in our history of administrative work for any client, by causing issues (supposedly) and crashing the client's server. I would probably be better of waiting for the client to mention this (though he offered not to at WHT) but ethically sound that we have been all the time we have been here - We Admit , I admit..the stress of too much expectations was far more worry-some then expected.

I will blame myself and the fact that I accepted to take him up and offer him all the information for each task, replies to each task (probably over 30+ emails and a few phone calls), etc. However I agree with the above feedback from other members - it does look like "Unlimited", even if it's a very high initial limit.

But at the same time I will note that the client will require in the future - an in house admin or someone who will probably charge around 100-200$ a month for the service required. I will have to retrack my earlier post about the client will be able to manage sooner or later....and suggest that the client now looks for in house or extend his budget to around 100-200$+ per month.

Surprising enough we messed up - whether it was stress, the expectation of a "generic" client, or whether it was the fact that he required a bit too much and had us side-tracked between emails, work and other things - in the end the server crashed.

Of course the datacenter, he was located at was prompt to help him out and get his server online within 20 minutes or so fixing the boot config mess. However I feel that after having such an issue (the 1st for us) .Luckily this was a new server (empty) setup so there were no sites, however I feel the work load that we signed up was something we never imagined. I can't imagine what PSM and others had to go through (or others). I know the client has had issues with 2 companies in the past - but can't blame him and I wont. We heard about 2-3 ticket a month and that July was a bad month ..but suddenly it seems' that the work-load based what the client requires is a bit too much for us to handle. Maybe it is that there's a bit too much work, demand and stress pushed around (or maybe not).

We have offered and will be making a refund payment within a few days (based on whether he wants full refund or a part that was not done or semi - we leave that up to him and will do the same), and we have asked the client to look for alternatives since we can not handle his base - since it's just too much (as some senior members above had mentioned about higher costs and silly-me had argued back that it can't be that bad...) Well I admit I was wrong there.

Anyhow I thought Id let you know since for me the first loss of a client hurts the most (so it seems) but I guess it also lets a lot of others to think about how much you charge for the work you do and expect the generic lot to be the same....

I guess this just happened to be a very odd 48 hours.

I wish the client good luck and hope he finds a server administrator that meets his requirements and expectations.

Best Regards,
    Last edited by RDOSTI; 07-21-2008 at 07:22 AM.

Thumbs down

I will quote only certain parts of your mail here.

The work I must admit was incredible...a bit too much. The client wanted tons of information, back and forward emails regarding what each item did or didn't and how it helped or didn't..
    I was not going to bring this here. but since you did. It was a simple server setup... and i have mails to prove it. regarding the tons of information yes, i did ask and i believe as a client i am entitled to know what exactly is on offer and what i can expect and tell you what i want...

wanna see the emails?

SADLY we made our first error in our history of administrative work for any client, by causing issues (supposedly) and crashing the client's server.

I will blame myself

Surprising enough we messed up - whether it was stress, the expectation of a "generic" client, or whether it was the fact that he required a bit too much and had us side-tracked between emails, work and other things - in the end the server crashed.
    Like i said in my email to you and i quote from the email "I believe you are young man and need to grow and can make mistakes so I will not bring up any of this on WHT if everything gets back to normal and you fix things the way it supposed to be and recheck everything from top to bottom to ensure it is all working fine."

You need to learn to let sleeping dogs lie. You crashed the server not once but two times. once yesterday night and once today. plus you could not fix a named.conf file to get the domains to resolve properly and had to open a ticket with cpanel who fixed it for you.

Like i said you do not want me to bring out everything here on this forum to prove that this was a simple server setup job that you messed up badly.

agian i repeat let sleeping dogs lie. Like i also said once before in my email and here... "I believe you are young man and need to grow and can make mistakes". Try to learn from them and move on.

rDosti: I am willing to let this issue die here. so please dont bring it up again.

Regards,

BookMarc