Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ioncube

Have you tried installing ionCube loader on this configuration?

I followed your guide and Nginx and PHP work great. Thank you! BUT...I can't get ionCube loader to work on this set up.

IonCube loader's wizard says it installed successfully and it's listed in the output from phpinfo() as an installed component, but when trying to view an encoded pages, they're just pure white or read "This encoded file cannot be run. Please run the file ioncube-loader-helper.php for more information." I don't *think* my test files are corrupted.

(Our set ups are identical with one exception. I configured PHP to listen on a unix socket instead of over TCP, based on another guide I read too, which I can share those steps if you're interested to save on the TCP overhead.)

Honestly I have never used IonCube loader so I will have to test it and get back to you. I've never had the need to run anything but open source unencrypted applications on PHP before.

I doubt the unix sockets would cause the issue but we'll see after I test it. I don't know anything about IonCube. Is there an application you can suggest that I can use to test it with?
    AltruHost - Our Public Beta has been announced!!! - A webhost on the Rise... Altruism AKA Selflessness AKA The Golden Rule. That is what AltruHost is all about.
    http://www.altruhost.com - Like Us on Facebook - Follow Us on Twitter

I'm not sure what I changed, but I *just* got it working! I used the ioncube loader-wizard.php that comes in the download package over & over many times and lots of trial and error. I must have bungled it up and then eventually ironed out the issues. But it works.

p.s. I keep trying to post my how-to over unix sockets, but the forum won't let me. It keeps saying I need 5 posts to use vb features such as smilies or links. Though I don't have any of either. hmm Maybe I'll just go post 3 more times then come back.

It thinks my code are links apparently. Even without [ code ] it still blocks it without 5 posts.

Alright. I went out and made a bunch of posts Got 5 now. Let's try this again.

To connect PHP to nginx over a unix socket, avoiding the TCP overhead and squeezing out every last drop of performance (at least that's the goal), this is what I did:

Paste this within the server block of each vhost file:

Code:
       # connects nginx & PHP-FPM over unix socket (matches in /etc/php5/fpm/pool.d/www.conf)
            location ~ .php$ {
                    fastcgi_pass unix:/tmp/php-fpm.sock;
                    fastcgi_index index.php;
                    fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
                    include fastcgi_params;
                    }
    Then...

Code:
    sudo nano /etc/php5/fpm/pool.d/www.conf
    Find
    Code:
    listen = 127.0.0.1:9000
    and replace it with
    Code:
    listen = /tmp/php-fpm.so
    c Then save & exit with CTRL + X, "Y", & enter.
    (I'm sure you know how to save out of nano. But it caused me so much frustration the first time I tried that I figured it better to mention it for anyone else that comes along.)

Have you tried Varnish too? That's the only other thing I can thing to make it faster. (I've already got APC installed.) I've ready mixed reviews about varnish on nginx, but figure that once I finish the essentials like phpmyadmin, I'll give it a try.

thanks, and sudo is not exsit in debian, i think

Sure it does. I'm on Debian 6.0. But if you're logged in as the root user, you won't need to use sudo. Only if you're logged in using a non-root account.

well mate am done installing naginx , but am not able to install wordpress , seems some rewrite rule is creating problem i think

thanks for sharing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12