Virtuoso Net Solutions Unprofessional

I have been using Virtuoso Net Solutions for over two years. My initial experience with the company was when I former client of mine was looking for a dedicated server. The first issue was that I thought the server was supposed to be set up in a few hours. After four hours and no email, I submitted a support ticket. I received a reply that dedicated servers can take up to 24 hours to set up. The email also had a snotty comment that if I would have read the website I would know that.

I didn't pay any mind to the remark. A few months down the road, I purchased a shared hosting account for my personal website. Everything worked out pretty well for two years. The major complaint was unannounced downtime. I would notice that my website would be inaccessible (not via web, ftp, or email). Every time it would be the same issue. I would submit a support ticket and I would get a response that they are upgrading the servers.

I am the technical type. I understand that servers need to be often upgraded because of bugs in the software or security issues. In the past though, hosting companies I would go with would email the customers at least 24-48 hours in advance. The only instances of abrupt or short notices I encountered with past hosts was major security vulnerability. However, at least customers would be notified.

Finally, I got fed up with it. I submitted a support ticket, as usual, about the website being inaccessible. As usual, they tell me it's an upgrade. This time, I asked them why they never contacted the customers about these issues. I received the following response:

“We do not email people out. Instead, we work on the problem right away. Sending out emails is not going to solve the problem at all.”

This is truly the sign of incompetence. Virtuoso Net Solutions uses ModernBill for their billing software. It is very easy for them to type up a short message telling customers about the downtime. The software would allow them to send that message to all of their customers. There is no excuse for them to not contact customers.

I started to have technical issues with a script I installed. The company that made the script stated that I should check with my hosting provider about their server settings. As usual, Virtuoso says it's not their problem. They do not support third-party scripts.

The final straw with support was when I checked the headers of outgoing email. I noticed that in the headers, all of the emails accounts for my domain that I check are sent with every email. The header is X-PopBeforeSMTPSenders. I contacted support about this. I consider this a security issue as all of your email addresses are being sent to everyone you send an email to. What if you want to keep some of your email addresses private.

The purpose of the X-PopBeforeSMTPSenders is supposed to help combat spam. It actually does not help combat spam in the least bit. In my opinion it only promotes spam because spammers can easily get your active email addresses now. I contacted support and this is the response I got:

'Your supposed to login to smtp first. We will not modify the spam settings. The headers are important and we have literally over 52,000 domains hosted with no complaints about this system.

I have no idea how you expect to hide your “valid email accounts”. Headers are there by default and you cannot just remove certain portions. They are obviously there for a reason and your research should make that clear why every hosts uses them.'

Firstly, this company has a pattern of making people look stupid or insulting their intelligence. For a company that does this, they might want to learn 2nd grade grammar. It's supposed to be 'You're' not 'Your'

Now, on to the technical explanation. They claim that I am supposed to login to SMTP first. Well, I'm no idiot nor am I a newbie to hosting. I do login. In fact, if you don't login (using SMTP authentication in Outlook Express) then I couldn't even send emails. Their servers reject any email where the user has not been authenticated. Therefore, if one is authenticated they have been validated. In which, it makes the X-PopBeforeSMTPSenders header useless.

Next they say they will not modify the spam settings. Fine. They're the ones that are putting their customer's information all over and don't care about security. After that is the comment that they cannot remove certain portions. That is so true! What I was getting at when I contacted them was to disable that feature. I have found another hosting company. In my search I have asked if they use those headers. The hosting company stated they do not use the X-PopBeforeSMTPSenders because they are useless, especially when the user is already verified via SMTP authentication.

They boast that they have 52,000 domains hosted and have no complaints. Well, I'm willing to bet money that 98% of their customers don't even check the headers, more or less analyze them.

Of course, you can't have a support ticket from Virtuoso Net Solutions without them putting theirselves on a pedestal. They have to try and insult my intelligence by saying that if I read I will know why they are there. Well, if they would read, they would see that in the initial support request I told them that I knew the purpose was to allegedly help track/deter spam.

In addition, they mentioned, 'I have no idea how you expect to hide your 'valid email accounts'.' Umm.. It's pretty easy, disable the useless X-PopBeforeSMTPSenders headers and that would do the trick. For a company that likes to demeanor others intelligence, they are not too bright themselves.

Yesterday they suspended my hosting account for non-payment. Sure, I have the money, but I'm not giving it to them. For the heck of it, I contacted Chad and asked if he would let me login long enough to backup my files. His response was:

“You are responsible for the invoice due. That is not an option.

Truly Yours,
    Chad A.”

I didn't think he was going to be nice and let me. I replied asking him, “So in other words you won't work with me at all?” His response that I quoted I received in less than 5 minutes after I sent the email. When I responded to confirm he was not going to assist in any way shape or form, he never responded.

I have noticed that there are a couple complaints on RipOffReport.com (besides the one I posted). In one complaint, Chad (owner and probably the only person in the one-man operation), accuses the person filing the complaint as being a drunk. You can read the report here:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0142559.htm

Is that the best he can do? If you read on Virtuoso Net Solutions website, you will see that they, he, whom or whatever owns the company follows “Christian virtues.” On the front page of the website, it is stated, “Ethics are based on true Christian principles.”

This is a crock! Chad nor any member of that company follows such virtues. He (Chad) only has that on the website to make it look like such a wonderful company. In reality, Chad is an arrogant, egotistical, rude, and snotty spoiled brat that cancels and suspends people's account when they complain or don't let Chad get his way. You don't have to take my word for it. Search the Internet for hosting reviews for Virtuoso Net Solutions. Check out the WebHostingTalk Forums and you will find quite a few complaints about this company.

All over the Internet are personal stories of people that have been treated like dirt by Chad and his alleged staff. Why do I say alleged? Use Google Earth and type in the address for the company. If not, you can view a satellite image here.

As you can see, this is a suburban area. It looks to me like Chad is running this business out of his home. Anyone can run a hosting business out of their house. I am not saying that resellers or people that do this out of their house is a bad thing. It’s just that Chad seems to portray his business as this large business with a professional staff, which it is not.

I let him know that I was going to warn as many people that I could about his unprofessional services, which included notifying him of posting on hosting review websites and RipOffReport.com. He responded with:

You do as you wish. You pay the price in the end. You owe a due invoice for this month which you refuse to pay, unethically and yet childishly, you blame us and accuse us of being “one man operation”. Your obviously a degenerate, a fool and “invalid”.

Truly Yours,
    Chad A.
    It seems he still does not understand the difference between "Your" and "You're." Granted, he is entitled to his opinions, but as always, he insults people's intelligence. Because I don't like his service, I am a "degenerate, a fool and invalid."

My advice to you is to pass this unethical and immoral company up. The company is a ripoff.
      0 Not allowed!

as I mentioned in the previous post, I emailed Chad to let him know of the post on RipOffReport.com. I have finally gotten to experience the vulgar and inappropriate language Chad uses against people that anger him.

Quote Originally Posted by From Me to Chad
    It is your choice to be so uncooperative and unprofessional. I have posted what I know about your one-man operation on RipOffReport.com.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0265799.htm

I will be posting this information on as many hosting review websites as I can. People deserve to know the truth about your alleged "Christian" virtues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad's Response
    You do as you wish. You pay the price in the end. You owe a due invoice for this month which you refuse

to pay, unethically and yet childishly, you blame us and accuse us of being “one man operation”. Your obviously a degenerate, a fool and “invalid”.

Truly Yours,
    Chad A.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Response To Chad
    You make no sense. How do I pay the price in the end? I don't like your service. I don't like your attitude. How is it unethical for me to not pay for a service that I no longer want? I am childish? Have you read the responses you give people? Every time someone says same thing about you or your company you are quick to say they are dunks, degenerates, fools, or other derogatory descriptions. You call yourself a Christian? You are a hypocrite! You are quick to try and make people feel stupid.

Unfortunately for you, your pathetic talk downs phase me none. People like you are the reason why I created KnowNothing.Net. People like you are the reason why I continue to post information about unethical companies and individuals.

The more you talk down to me, the more quote I have to post online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad's Response
    By the way, you have been reported to our company lawyer for slander, libel. You’ll find how if this is actually a “one man operation” in the end when you receive a letter shortly. You expect us to give you service that you did NOT pay for, 7 days late, dozens of email reminders and you bitch and whine like a child, point fingers like the arrogant fool you are.

Truly Yours,
    Chad A.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Final Response To Chad

"I am not suprised of your legal threats. I have read of you threatening others. I very much enjoy legal issues. Since my major hobby is consumer advocacy and consumer law research, I am familiar with my rights. I will be forwarding this incident and all emails to the New York Attorney General's Office, Consumer Protection Division. I look forward to receiving the letter from your attorney so that I may notify them of the countersuit. In addition, since you have chosen to use inappropriate language, I will be forwarding this matter to TEAM technologies.

This is a formal cease and desist request. Since you cannot communicate in a civilized manor and seem to require the use of vulgar language, I no longer wish to communicate with you.
    As you can see, Chad has chosen to not only continue to try and talk down to me in regards to my intelligence, but now he is threatening legal action. From my research, Chad always threatens legal action against people. Unfortunately for Chad, I'm not your average consumer. I am a consumer advocate and know my legal rights. I actually look forward towards the letter from his attorney. I can't wait to go to court and tell the judge how he talked down to me, how he talks down and degrades people, and how he used inappropriate language in his responses.

I will also be forwarding this matter to Team Technologies, LLC as the last email I sent was in regards to a cease and desist email. If Chad wants to discuss a matter or even debate, that is fine. However, I refuse to have someone use vulgar or inappropriate language (cursing) towards me. Not only is it unprofessional, but it's unacceptable. It's a form of abuse I will not tolerate.
      0 Not allowed!

Virtuoso Net Solutions has been up to this ridiculousness for a long time. It's great to see people standing up to him.
      0 Not allowed!

It was a long good read. My conclusion is that you probably won't be inviting Chad over for Thanksgiving this year.

I hope your next hosting experience turns out better and I believe with your tech knowledge, you will. I think I've read other similar stories and I'm pretty sure it was the same company.
    :: iMountain.com Solar Powered Hosting - Same location for 20 years
    :: Clustered, HSphere, Webhosting, VPS, Dedicated and Luxury clusters
    :: Specializing in Database clustering and optimization for vBulletin, Joomla and Wordpress sites.
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry to hear about your experiences. Seems you're in good (bad?) company: http://www.webhostingstuff.com/revie...Solutions.html. Looks like most of the "good" reviews have sites that are either non existent or hosted elsewhere.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike V View Post
    Sorry to hear about your experiences. Seems you're in good (bad?) company: http://www.webhostingstuff.com/revie...Solutions.html. Looks like most of the "good" reviews have sites that are either non existent or hosted elsewhere.
    I'm glad you mentioned that website. I just posted my review there.
      0 Not allowed!

Normally I'm not one to post after myself, but this I truly had to post. I was searching online for review sites about Virtuoso Net Solutions. I came across a website that had an interview with Chad. UK Web Hosting Review site (www.webhostdir.co.uk) done an Interview in 2006 about how he started his company, Virtuoso Net Solutions. Below is a quote from the interview:

My name is Chad Abizeid, founder and owner of Virtuoso Net Solutions Inc, a leading web hosting provider since March 2004. Virtuoso Net Solutions was begun as a home business in the dawn of 2004 with the goal of providing superb quality web hosting services, which it has proven to do so since then. I had personal horrible experiences with a half dozen or so hosting providers prior and wanted to enter this industry with the idea of true quality web hosting services and support combined. This is where most providers fail. They may have one or the other, or lack both. At Virtuoso Net Solutions we intend to provide quality in every aspect of our various Internet solutions we provide. Guaranteed.
    I almost fell out my chair laughing. The reason he created Virtuoso Net Solutions was because he had horrible experiences with a half dozen providers? And now he is returning the favor (the Circle of Life). It's because of my experience with hosting companies like his that has inspired me to look in to opening a hosting business. The difference though is that my inspiration to others won't consist of giving them horrible experiences.

You can view the full interview that was done on October 2, 2006 here.
      0 Not allowed!

This is an update. I have noticed that I am unable to access Virtuoso Net Solutions website. It seems that Chad has done one of his usual childish tactics. He has banned me from accessing the Virtuoso Net Solutions website. I have confirmed this as a friend of mine (whom lives not too far away from me) uses the same ISP. My friend was able to access the domain, therefore, that rules out any issues with my ISPs DNS servers.

The true test, though would be for me to release my IP, wait a few minutes, then hope to get assigned another IP out of the pool. It seems only my IP was banned and not the entire IP block. The IP that I have now is the same one that was in the outgoing mail headers of the emails I had sent to Chad.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by swamparoux View Post
    This is an update. I have noticed that I am unable to access Virtuoso Net Solutions website. It seems that Chad has done one of his usual childish tactics. He has banned me from accessing the Virtuoso Net Solutions website. I have confirmed this as a friend of mine (whom lives not too far away from me) uses the same ISP. My friend was able to access the domain, therefore, that rules out any issues with my ISPs DNS servers.

The true test, though would be for me to release my IP, wait a few minutes, then hope to get assigned another IP out of the pool. It seems only my IP was banned and not the entire IP block. The IP that I have now is the same one that was in the outgoing mail headers of the emails I had sent to Chad.
    You've made your review, your not going to do business with them any further. Best of luck in the future!

Sirius
    Last edited by sirius; 08-09-2007 at 09:40 PM.
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!