Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fee Ventrilo Control Panel for Download

For all the people constantly asking for a free ventrilo control panel, well here it is. At one point I was going to work to expand the code and sell it but I just don't have the time. I own the copyright to the code but feel free to use it however you want. If someone wanted to make a sourceforge project out of it and expand it then great.

Note there are zero readme files in this download so if you don't know PHP it may be hard to install. If you have questions just post them here, I will try and answer when I have time.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JeremyL; 07-18-2004 at 07:43 PM.

Here is the install_script I forgot to dd to the zip file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry for the Stupid question here, but what is it? a Game Server Control panel, Webhosting? And what does it does now? What do you wanted to Develop (TODO) ?

Thanks
    ^_^

If you are familiar with the game server industry, you should be familiar with Ventrilo. If not this will be of no use to you. As far as what I want developed, nothing. I am just giving away the ventrilo control panel I wrote for free.

Good man. It's good to see people giving back. You might think about putting it under a GPL or BSD license to make it easier for people to adapt and expand on it without being mired in legal issues stemming from the copyright.
    Sam Machiz / Director, Product Development / Ubersmith
    smachiz[at]ubersmith.com / [direct] 212-812-4194

Consider it under GPL now. I have no clue how to go about making it official, like I said, people are free to do anything and everything they want with it.

Not really sure why this got moved to the advertising forum. I'm not advertisinga thing.

1) The Pro version of the Ventrilo server is only available to professional hosting companies.

2) You must be a legally registered corporation with your respective state / jurisdiction. You must also provide proof of official corporation status. Again, this is a requirement and is not open for debate or discussion.

3) We do NOT license individuals or businesses who want to run servers for private use or in conjunction with some other service / membership. You will need to rent a server from an officially licensed hosting company.

Under no circumstances will we provide anyone with a private copy of the Pro server. Any inquiries in this regard will be deleted and will not be answered.

Update: At the current time we are not accepting any new license applications. Any other licensing issues should be directed to the sales@ventrilo.com account.

If you need to rent a dedicated server please contact any of the licensed hosting companies on the hosting page.
    Just thought I would point that out for hosting companies, specifically game server providers. Sounds to me that they are favoring certain companies, so we would have to be forced to rent a server from one of there companies listed, if we want to use it in a for profit environment.
    Jesse Lanning- Secure Technology Networks
    support: support@sthost.com
    web: http://www.sthost.com

Why cant i download it?

You should read: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/ about making it GPL'd.
    e-Tech-Solution.com: Shared Windows 2003 Hosting and Cross-platform Web Development

Can you upload it to an offsite account and link to it? For some reason, it appears the attachment has been removed or broken.

looks like some can't DL it because it's been moved. Here is a link, the second upload was added to this file.

http://www.streamlinevisions.com/vPanel.zip

Is this affliated with vTalk.net in any way or is it an independent project?

They have a Ventrilo control panel with the same name.
    e-Tech-Solution.com: Shared Windows 2003 Hosting and Cross-platform Web Development

I used to own vtalk, and created the panel. You'll notice the vTalk site still has my copyright at the bottom of thier page.

Thanks, will give it a shot soon =)

Did anyone have any trouble getting this going?

It can FTP but it's not seeing any info from the server. I get the following errors when I try to view the status.

Warning: reset(): Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/kgsvent/public_html/ventrilo/common/serverconfig.php on line 112

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/kgsvent/public_html/ventrilo/common/serverconfig.php on line 113

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    TWAStudios.com .:. Corporate HQ
    KillerGameServers.com .:. KILLER Vent voice server hosting
    FutureTemplates.com .:. 10% off All Template Monster Templates

this is coming from a semi noob... moreso in the respect that i have no clue how to employ/deploy/install/whatever this program... i'm the leader of a gameclan that uses ventrilo.. it is provided by preygrounds.com who also provides our ut04 servers. If i send the file to them, will they know what to do? or do you have some instructions that i can give them? does it have to be installed on the server itself? can i put in on our site and it will somehow connect to our server?

any help would be appreciated...

btw my msn is neuron187@hotmail.com (would be a much quicker method then using this forum)

Does preygrounds provide you with FTP access to the ventrilo directory?

not currently... they do for our game servers... but i'm sure if i asked they would.. i take it it has to be on the server itself then?

Instructions for instalation

Hello, could you give any kind of instructions for installing the ventrilo control panel or a price on installing it!
    Any help would be apreciated i have been looking for some time for a control for my vents on my server, i owen and operate
    ShepherdsVoiceServers.com (Voive1.us)
    Thanks
    Dwight
    dwight@voice1.us

Re: Fee Ventrilo Control Panel for Download

Originally posted by JeremyL
    For all the people constantly asking for a free ventrilo control panel, well here it is. At one point I was going to work to expand the code and sell it but I just don't have the time. I own the copyright to the code but feel free to use it however you want. If someone wanted to make a sourceforge project out of it and expand it then great.

Note there are zero readme files in this download so if you don't know PHP it may be hard to install. If you have questions just post them here, I will try and answer when I have time.
    I have been looking for a script to give control over my vents, i am licensed ShepherdsVoiceServers.com (Voice1.us)
    could you give a brief install instruction just to get me started or what would you take to help install or the basic! Please any help would be apreciated!
    Owner/Admin
    Dwight
    Dwight@voice1.us

help

I have spent over a month trying to figure out how this thing works.... and still cannot get it to work! The .sql file is messed up and once I fix it and put it in phpmyadmin, It wont let me log in!
    any help would be appreciated thanks.

Help

Hello, thanks for the control panel but:

./vent_install.sh gives me this:

[root@HOSTINGWEB /]# cd home/ventrilo/
    [root@HOSTINGWEB ventrilo]# ls
    admin images restart.php stylesheet.css
    common index.php serverinfo.php vent_install.sh
    editpass.php login.php serverupdated.php ventrilo.sql
    editserver.php logout.php start.php ventrilo.tar
    forgotpass.php mypassupdated.php stop.php
    [root@HOSTINGWEB ventrilo]# ./vent_install.sh
    : bad interpreter: No such file or directory
    [root@HOSTINGWEB ventrilo]#

When i run the site i can't login, can you create a install.php file that installs my .sql?

Can you help me with this?

thanks in advance!

Anyone get this to work and care to share the install instructions.
    Last edited by Branzone; 02-15-2006 at 05:08 AM.
    Branzone Inc.
    Custom Hosting since 2002.

I'll check this out later today.

Info

I think it might be the sql file but i am not sure how to fix it, pretty new to this.

If anyone gets any info on how to install feel free to email me at bsspeters@hotmail.com.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast