Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ResellerZoom - Nay/Yay?

I'm looking to start my own web hosting business alongside my webdesign business. I'm just a teenager doing designs for friends and stuff.

I'm looking somewhere around 30GB storage and 200GB transfer for no more than $25/month.

The past few month I'm been researching, and would like to go with ResellerZoom on the Advanced One account 25/250GB $17/month. But the hundreds of reviews I've read say they aren't what they use to be and I could go with them in vain. Another seller I'm looking at is ResellerPanel for 30/300GB $25/month.

Any insight or words of advice/caution from any experienced users?

I've always heard both positive and negative reviews about the company. Personally I feel they are a quality web solution company. With any situation dealing with web hosting companies I strongly suggest you research WHT and search engine such as: Google, Bing and Yahoo. Each search engine will provide unique content that will help you with your choice. Here are some reviews about the company I found on WHT
    1. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...t=ResellerZoom
    2. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...t=ResellerZoom
    3. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...t=ResellerZoom

Best of luck to you regardless of which web hosting solution company you choose to go with.
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

It's a long time since I used them, but back when I wanted somewhere to mess with WHMAP I had account - service was pretty decent and never had any speed issues or anything.

Thanks for the comments! I've been up and down this forum and actually read two of those threads. I really want to go with RZ for one reason being they allow overselling, which would help grately since some of my clients barely even use what they buy.

Well, for me it is a Yay but the best you can probably do is try them out yourself. They have a "30 Days Money Back Guarantee" so no real harm done if it doesn't work out for you.

I'm actually looking at aquariusstorage right now. There seems to be more buz of positive customers than taking my chances with reseller zoom.

Yay from me...I've had an account with them for around 3 years and it's been all good....services and support.

owm
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.

Before you buy why not talk with them and see how you feel about their company. I always like to talk with the people I am doing business with. See if you can't get along with them at first I don't think you will like them no matter how great they are.
    Cpwebhosting.net where the customer is first
    Great Affiliate Program Call 321-205-9003
    Earn on CPA up to $100.00 on Shared Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by J-Rad14 View Post
    Thanks for the comments! I've been up and down this forum and actually read two of those threads. I really want to go with RZ for one reason being they allow overselling, which would help grately since some of my clients barely even use what they buy.
    Most Reseller Hosts allow overselling, Just resist going Unlimited
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

There are a lot of companies that allow overselling, but as mentioned before do not go with those that offer unlimited, as there may be a lot of hidden things involved that they won't tell you about outright.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustHosting View Post
    There are a lot of companies that allow overselling, but as mentioned before do not go with those that offer unlimited, as there may be a lot of hidden things involved that they won't tell you about outright.
    Are you referring to somethingo other than storage and b/w?

Good Point,
    Never go with Unlimited Space and Bandwidth, that will often bite you down the road. It is perfectly ok to go with a host that offers the items below as unlimited.
    • Databases
    • E-Mail Accounts
    • Sub Resellers
    • Domains
    • Sub Domains
    Keith I Myers

Quote Originally Posted by KDisk View Post

Never go with Unlimited Space and Bandwidth, that will often bite you down the road. It is perfectly ok to go with a host that offers the items below as unlimited.
    • Databases
    • E-Mail Accounts
    • Sub Resellers
    • Domains
    • Sub Domains
    But that requires unlimited space and bandwidth.
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

No, I am referring mainly to storage and bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
    Nah, in this case it is quantity not size. It would take billions of empty databases to fill up a server
    Keith I Myers

Your still limited by space quota. In these plans, its usually the case that the host is limiting these add-ons to the same space as the web space. If you have a 512 mb plan and your website is 500mb, how much email, db and additional domains can you handle? You'd be lucky to get a single mailbox
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

Okay, thats what I thought but just wanted to be sure in case I was missing something.

I've heard of way too many people getting their accounts suspended under an "unlimited" host. So this is something I'm well aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
    Unless you have a limit of storage, unlimited email and all that is good. Email can be forwarded and mysql databases are not always big. Maybe you need two or three for some small blogs.

Anyway, right now I'm looking between ResellerZoom and AquariusStorage. I'm leaning more towards Aquarius because it seems to be run simpler and more serious, less of a business running it and more of dedicated guys running it.

I'm still open to more advice and insight!

Anyway, right now I'm looking between ResellerZoom and AquariusStorage. I'm leaning more towards Aquarius because it seems to be run simpler and more serious, less of a business running it and more of dedicated guys running it.

I'm still open to more advice and insight!
    Ahh,
    Tough one, both hosts are great in my opinion. They both have a positive reputation. I would base your choice on reviews. They are both just as easy to use.
    Keith I Myers

AquariusStorage has a 15-day money back guarantee, so you can try out both resellerzoom and AquariusStorage without any problem and see which one you like best. The most important part is that you have a good feeling about the company you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    AquariusStorage has a 15-day money back guarantee, so you can try out both resellerzoom and AquariusStorage without any problem and see which one you like best. The most important part is that you have a good feeling about the company you choose.
    That's a good idea, I just don't have the funds for that at the moment...Well, that can happen if I go on a monthly plan but than that turns into $40/month for however long it is before I choose.

Right now, I want to go with Aquarius. One thing that would be a good idea down the road would be to have an account with both Aq and RZ, I can split up my clients on the servers by how much traffic they need. And if their's a problem, I can transfer temporarily if needs be.

I just wanted to thank you guys for all the comments and advice! I was hoping this forum wasn't going to be slow, I may end up sticking around.

Good luck with which ever host you Choose and stick around: there are enough interesting forums/topics to check.

And let us know in a couple of months how your choice worked out for you!

Thanks to all those recommendations, we appreciate your business and feedback. Positive or negative, we thrive on client feedback to guide us.
    Greg Landis | Director of Growth Jaguarpc - Unlock Superior Hosting with JaguarPC
    Managed Servers - Virtual Private Servers | AMD EPYC Dedicated servers
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | (888)-338-5261 | greg @ jaguarpc.com

i want to buy from them a UK one reseller plan. I've e-mailed them some questions but i have no luck with the answers(they didn't answerd). Maybe one of you know the answers (maybe one of their customers).

how do i pay the domains i register via their provided reseller enom account?
    to whom am i going to pay? To RZ or to ENOM ?

Thanks in advance, i really need this info.

Quote Originally Posted by Escu View Post
    i want to buy from them a UK one reseller plan. I've e-mailed them some questions but i have no luck with the answers(they didn't answerd). Maybe one of you know the answers (maybe one of their customers).

how do i pay the domains i register via their provided reseller enom account?
    to whom am i going to pay? To RZ or to ENOM ?

Thanks in advance, i really need this info.
    If you're using eNom, the payments will go to eNom..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast