Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Namecheap are fantastic! Second to none!

I created this account just so I could comment on how good namecheap are.

I have 2 accounts with them and multiple domains hosted with them. They really are fantastic. Their customer support and technical support are some of the best I have ever experienced.

I feel that my domains are safe and secure with them and I never have any problems accessing them or being able to edit them.

They offer 24/7 live chat support which is essential, free whois, cheap domains and email hosting as well as many other great products and services.

I have absolutely no hesitation recommending namecheap to anyone.

Keep up the great work guys!

Namecheap has been great for me as well.I am thinking to use them to resell domains as well

I usually use godady and namecheap...

both are good, but i do like namecheap better

Just wanted to throw my support behind namecheap as well. I recommend them all the time and have 60+ domains listed there

I never used their service but I know they are very reputed company. Glad to know that you are giving a big vouch for them! It will help others to get their services.

Quote Originally Posted by denwachu View Post
    Their customer support and technical support are some of the best I have ever experienced.
    How many have you tried?

free whois
    This is not entirely correct. Whois is free for the first year only, subsequently it is not but charged at $3.

cheap domains
    Thats arguable .
    Last edited by zoid; 01-21-2015 at 04:50 AM.

In terms of buying domain name, Namecheap is great as it provides free privacy too.

Quote Originally Posted by zoid View Post
    Thats arguable .
    Yes, their domain prices are expensive for resellers.

Quote Originally Posted by dhcart View Post
    Yes, their domain prices are expensive for resellers.
    Definitely. We left Enom for the same reason, and they're following suit of late. We're thinking of finding someone new, even though the service has been pretty decent, since we can't be very competitive on domains unless we call it a loss leader and upsell other related services to cover the costs. It would be a major pain to move them all at this point, but when the costs per name start hitting a ~$2 per name difference to some other registrar's reseller prices, you take notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluminous121 View Post
    In terms of buying domain name, Namecheap is great as it provides free privacy too.
    First year only. After that it's paid.

Indeed I have to agree with you, namecheap is a very good and reliable provider. I've used them sins my first domain ever registered on the internet. Never had any issues compared to other registers like godaddy. Namecheap is very easy to navigate compared to other domain providers.

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Definitely. We left Enom for the same reason, and they're following suit of late. We're thinking of finding someone new, even though the service has been pretty decent, since we can't be very competitive on domains unless we call it a loss leader and upsell other related services to cover the costs. It would be a major pain to move them all at this point, but when the costs per name start hitting a ~$2 per name difference to some other registrar's reseller prices, you take notice.

First year only. After that it's paid.
    Have you looked at our bulk domain pricing? Designed for resellers...

Quote Originally Posted by mdrussell View Post
    Have you looked at our bulk domain pricing? Designed for resellers...
    That refers to bulk pricing.

I have to continue moving domains away from GoDaddy because of their renewal prices. Is it reasonable to assume that namecheap is financially stable? We know that GoDaddy is here to stay, I think.

Disagreed. I had a good experience... Until today, after using them for years, namecheap decided to suspend my account for no reason and without a notice. The domains I've registered with them are my personal / work domains. It's impossible to get an information from namecheap about what's goin on.

Quote Originally Posted by devmach View Post
    Disagreed. I had a good experience...until today. After using them for years, namecheap decided to suspend my account for no reason and without a notice. The domains I've registered with them are my personal/work domains. It's impossible to get information from namecheap about what's going on.
    Did you try chat? They gave me excellent service today. I'm beginning to see GoDaddy in my rear view mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by neumannu47 View Post
    Did you try chat? They gave me excellent service today. I'm beginning to see GoDaddy in my rear view mirror.
    Yeap, that was the first thing I've done. Live chat suggested me to create a ticket. I did and waited for hours without a response. After complaining in WHT, Matt (mdrussel) messaged me and still trying to figure out what happened.

Just got done transferring 7 domains to NC from godaddy using their transfer day promo...can't really beat the price especially compared to godaddy w/privacy.

Would be nice to find a registrar with good initial AND renewal fees, they seem to try and get you on the latter end these days. I really don't like moving stuff around, my enom renewal fees are actually fair so I usually do renew those, but hard to stay with GD wanting $13 for renewal +$8 for privacy (rounding up if memory serves). But everyone has to make money so I get the thought behind the games.
    Last edited by Matt; 01-28-2015 at 04:26 AM. Reason: removed quote re banned company and directed response

I have always used Namecheap with their Whois Guard Protection. They are honestly the best.

Quote Originally Posted by devmach View Post
    Disagreed. I had a good experience... Until today, after using them for years, namecheap decided to suspend my account for no reason and without a notice. The domains I've registered with them are my personal / work domains. It's impossible to get an information from namecheap about what's goin on.
    That's sad. I had mostly good experience dealing with them. But if such a thing happened, I am surely going to worry about it.

@bear Namecheap is good for SSL certs and for registering personal domains, but for reselling domains, we also found enom to be more expensive and have used NetEarthOne since 2008 without one single issue. We're at the lowest tier so our costs are quite low. Still not a profit maker, but more added-value.

Namecheap is good

Namecheap is good. i have used on shared hosting plan. Or other like fatcow.com is also not bad.

Namecheap is a pretty good company. I have a few hosting accounts with them and I have had no issues. I previously had domains with them. Prices aren't the lowest though.

In general, I have good experience with NameCheap (I also worked with Register.com, eNom, GoDaddy, BigRock, Moniker and ********).

The only unpleasant surprise was when I started transferring domains away from NameCheap. However, it's not major issue as well, and, judging services I still chose to keep at NameCheap, I would say they are quite good (I use their hosted email services and DNS services, beyond keeping some domains at them).

Quote Originally Posted by Master Bo View Post
    The only unpleasant surprise was when I started transferring domains away from NameCheap.
    Can you elaborate on what that was?

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Can you elaborate on what that was?
    I have posted another thread with details.

In short: they postpone all domain transfers for full 5 days since all required requests are granted (maximal delay defined in ICANN transfer policy), regardless of whether there are actual reasons for that.

No major issue, in general.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast