Alexa Rating, Google Ranking, SEO

The Wonder of How The Search Engine Works.

Websites may rise in Google Listings for popular keywords due to the fact of increased traffic - benefits from more visitors increased Alexa.com rating.

For Domains - the more similar the domain is, the harder it is to get at the top when you do a search on google.

If you think of a unique name the easier it is to get listed #1.

Search engines update everyday.

" Google ranking remains low due to facts
    the more similar the domain is, the harder it is to get at the top when you do a search on google.

How to overcome........

The longer your domain is active and the longer you have a stream of visitors the better.
    Last edited by comswww; 06-28-2011 at 07:18 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Nice explanation of basics but alexa ranking is useless for SEO
      0 Not allowed!

You manage to summarize the complexity of SE, as what Marco says Alexa doesn't help much in SEO but is always good to have high ranking in Alexa as you may get free traffic from there.
      0 Not allowed!

Ya, truly rating given by Alexa.com is significantly important for getting free traffic while doing SEO operations with Google. This is because it helps in increasing the rank although the ranking in Google is slow due to similarity or resemblance amongst the domain.
      0 Not allowed!

Alexa traffic is inaccurate now a days. If you want better Alexa, you need to install Alexa toolbar and ask your friends to install it and open your site few times a day, automatically your Alexa gets better.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rahulsuresh View Post
    Alexa traffic is inaccurate now a days. If you want better Alexa, you need to install Alexa toolbar and ask your friends to install it and open your site few times a day, automatically your Alexa gets better.
    You are very wrong alexa is on 90% of pc's in north America why? because they have contracts with major web companies that place this software of your pc. Someone smarter then you and I already took care of this.

Installation can be manually - But thats not how alexa gets there tool bar on your pc, they have more effective ways of getting there software on your pc or mac.

Quote Originally Posted by nancysmith View Post
    Ya, truly rating given by Alexa.com is significantly important for getting free traffic while doing SEO operations with Google. This is because it helps in increasing the rank although the ranking in Google is slow due to similarity or resemblance amongst the domain.
      0 Not allowed!

Alexa only on site visitor calculator. Alexa never giving us any help for SEOs.
    The Game is Over
      0 Not allowed!

Alexa ranks may be helpful if you are going to buy an adspace on any site. Other wise it is no relation with SEO. However it would be alarming for SEO if Alexa rank of a site is decreasing continuously.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bryan79 View Post
    Alexa ranks may be helpful if you are going to buy an adspace on any site.
    Or if you want to see if any business is doing well online. This is one of my first tests I run.
      0 Not allowed!

Alexa is useless for SEO!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by webmasterbv View Post
    Alexa is useless for SEO!
    Someone already said that.

But Alexa has other benefits

The Wonder of How The Search Engine Works.

Websites may rise in Google Listings for popular keywords due to the fact of increased traffic - benefits from more visitors increased Alexa.com rating.
      0 Not allowed!

Give it a test....

Try any major Rock Bands Official Website
    or
    try Your Local banks Official Website

You will be able to compare business beyond just a website on the internet.
    Last edited by comswww; 07-03-2011 at 07:03 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Exclamation k

ok

but is there any where that you can get people to have a look at your site and try it out and that??
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by andy1090 View Post
    ok

but is there any where that you can get people to have a look at your site and try it out and that??
    You just ruined it. Its is a system based on facts.
      0 Not allowed!

Google ranking and Alexa rating both are good in the SEO. With the Google ranking we can know about the importance of the site and with the Alexa ranking we can know about the traffic of the site.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rahulsuresh View Post
    Wrong.

You can get a much better alexa ranking without installing the toolbar.

Trust me - there's other ways. Entrecarde used to be one.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to my own blog article, but I am running an experiment now. I've seen incredible results with my Alexa rankings being improved big time.

But, I don't care, Alexa is not a valued metric I rely on.
      0 Not allowed!

ya alexa can be pretty useful lets you look where your traffic is coming from your demographic it might not be the most accurate but its a preliminary step.
      0 Not allowed!

google is no.1 page rank isnt that cheating??
      0 Not allowed!

Of course not google is top most search engine and each and every person for any query refer google and from their they find solution and i think that even you used to search in google. And this way it gain more traffic and provide solution to user for their all query and even google has its own created algorithm for providing relevant result to user so its alexa rank and page rank both are great.
      0 Not allowed!

Alexa is also important in SEO. As less alexa show us that traffic of our site increase and if it goes higher then it show that our site do not have get any unique visitor and visits on our site be less. And through it we came to know that now we have concentrate more for increasing traffic.
      0 Not allowed!

I would still value the alexa ranking because it shows us how much we get traffic everyday and it is very accurate.
    TemplateSpin.com Professional Web Design Services
    Custom Web Designs & Ready Made Unique Templates
    Logos, Banners, Folders, UI Designs & Web Coding
      0 Not allowed!

I think Alexa Ranking is practically useless in terms of SEO except if you want a reference on how you are doing well in traffic. While for google rankings, I don't see how ranking your page from 1 to 10 gives any help. For me the most important stats for SEO is SERP rankings. With it, you can see if your efforts is doing good for particular keywords.
      0 Not allowed!