Thread: IRC Allowed.

IRC Allowed.

Just a suggestion to alot of companies, putting down if irc is allowed or not in your advertising posts, would probably be a good idea, since in alotta threads either me, or others have to ask if IRC is allowed.

Speaking of which..

What other providers other than *********** & FDCservers allow IRC on their dedicated servers sales?

thought this would be easier, than going through every advertising thread and asking lol.

ciao.

I also know RazzorServers does, Caro.Net. I think Sharktech does too!
    VT BankCard
    Payment Processing Solutions and Merchant Services
    Specializing in WebHosting and High Risk Merchants.

Quote Originally Posted by dvast8 View Post
    What other providers other than *********** & FDCservers allow IRC on their dedicated servers sales?
    Pretty much every DDoS provider. I'm curious who the starred out provider was

Pacificrack does.

Theplanet as well as long it is not linked to a network (meaning the server must be standalone).

layeredtech will let you run irc if you ask them real nicely, but they won't allow outside links.

Quote Originally Posted by ub3r View Post
    layeredtech will let you run irc if you ask them real nicely, but they won't allow outside links.
    yeah let's make a list starting with
    FDCServers
    SharkTech
    Staminus
    GigeNet
    Pacificrack
    justedge
    awknet
    steadfastnetworks
    corenetworks
    digitalflare

and much more .
    DDOS Protected - SSD KVM VDS & Storage KVM VDS.
    http://rackhost.co

steadfastnetworks? are you sure?

justedge not anymore.. their irc ddos protected network is full.
    Nobody is perfect! My name is nobody!

Velcom allows IRCd.
    UbiquityServers allows IRCd.

Any GNAX Silver reseller allows IRCd.

are you sure for the info you are giving?

velcom had an irc server linked at undernet, however after their delink they stop allowing irc in their network. They changed their policy?

Oh and when you are saying irc allowed are you use that shells bots bncs are allowed? and also linking to other networks? having a stand alone irc server is not exactly what IRCers need..

Yeah, mostly hosting company allow IRC with no DDOS PROTECTION, you had to firewall many things on your dedicated server.

corenetworks allows irc, but its one of those, get ddos'd once and they pull the plug type of deals, and how many times have you seen where its almost impossible unless you delink or shut off the ircd when someone goes crazy over a network.

WireSix seems to allow IRC servers on their Tampa bay servers.
    Ryan G.

Please don't use Sharktech. It's crap and every time someone pisses off a person on undernet the whole thing comes crashing down.
    semi-retired

Procyon, Sharktech's 5th successful year in this business with rapid growing and numerous of hosting companies trusting us completely disagrees with your opinion.

If you were in this business 5 to 10 years ago, you may knew that most companies at that time were overcharging customers for IRC & DDOS filtering with thousands of dollars per month. We were one of the very first ones (if not the first one) that made the difference in this market, even by sacrificing our profit at first, providing affordable DDOS filtering services. So even if you're not currently a Sharktech customer, you may have been positively effected of us without even knowing it, yet you are trying to bash us.

Regarding the problems you mentioned, no doubt every hosting business that is established on this sensitive field allowing IRC hosting and providing DDOS filtering may pass through problems from time to time, otherwise IRC hosting wouldn't be forbidden from most ISPs world-wide to avoid the trouble of hosting it. However, whenever a problem has occurred, we don't hide it but admit it and we're always working to improve our service's quality.

Thank you.
    SharkTECH Internet Services
    http://www.sharktech.net
    DDOS Firewalled Dedicated Servers
    Managed Services / IRC Allowed

Quote Originally Posted by psyxakias View Post
    Procyon, Sharktech's 5th successful year in this business with rapid growing and numerous of hosting companies trusting us completely disagrees with your opinion.
    From personal experience, not out to get you, I've never had a single sharktech bnc/ircd/irc client that has stayed online over 1 month, on efnet, quakenet, or any other network. I've had routine lag spikes all over, and constant timeouts.

And from what I've seen in your IRC channel, the ops can't even hold their own nicknames apparently.
    Last edited by IPv6; 01-11-2008 at 12:43 PM.
    semi-retired

Procyon, so according to your logic, all it takes to judge a dedicated hosting company's services & network is checking for their staff's IRC nicknames.. interesting opinion but unfortunately pretty inaccurate.

My own nickname (psyxakias) has been available for ages on EFnet and I haven't been interested to take it back simply because I don't need it. While two of our staff members don't even run a permanent IRC bouncer (to keep them 24/7 online), so obviously anyone can take their nickname, place a bot on it and show off that they took over it.

You probably haven't thought that we may haven't considered it important to retrieve our IRC nicknames, but some day you may understand that there are more important things while running a business, than fighting with premature people which focus on taking IRC nicknames to make them feel more important. It could be a challenge for them if we were interested, but at the moment we don't

Thumbs up IRC Hosting

One provider that I have used in the past that I haven't seen mentioned here yet is lomag.net.

I've used almost all of the irc services at one point or another for eggdrop bot hosting, or ircd service hosting. Though every provider is going to run into an issue at some point or another, I've been exceedingly satisfied with Mark and his people at lomag.

It's rare to find a class act in IRC hosting.

God, it's like watching an elementary school student fight a battle of wits. Psyxakias - it sounds to me like you don't understand the business you're in. As an "irc allowed ddos protection provider", maintaining your own aliases and having network uptime that lasts beyond a few hours are -exactly- what your clients are looking for in a host.

One provider that I have used in the past that I haven't seen mentioned here yet is lomag.net.
    That's because they don't really offer protection - they offer nullrouting.

premature people which focus on taking IRC nicknames
    premature people? lol

Procyon, so according to your logic, all it takes to judge a dedicated hosting company's services & network is checking for their staff's IRC nicknames.. interesting opinion but unfortunately pretty inaccurate.

I didn't know anything about sharktech aside from that it provided DDoS & IRC services but judging from the fact you ignored that the other primary complaint was consistent downtime, I'd have to guess there was some truth to his claim. Also, if your staff can't keep prevent their IRC nicks' passwords from being stolen, why would any potential or existing customer feel comfortable trusting a production, or even personal, server to them?
    Last edited by scapeish; 01-11-2008 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Just realized jwr got to it before me. Sorry for the recap

jwr, no comments to rude posts.

scapeish, I actually didn't ignore any complaints. You may want to check the last part of my first post. Additionally, there was absolutely no discussion about stolen passwords(?). I simply explained that we had no intention to keep any nicks until now. Thanks.

Why do SharkTeck and their staff have to keep their nicknames online and how is that a value on the level of service they provide? They don't need to be active on IRC (sic) to provide a decent service to their customers.

AFAIK, SharkTech is not focusing on IRC hosting; They allow IRC services on their network. There's a major difference here.

If you were in this business 5 to 10 years ago, you may knew that most companies at that time were overcharging customers for IRC & DDOS filtering with thousands of dollars per month. We were one of the very first ones (if not the first one) that made the difference in this market, even by sacrificing our profit at first, providing affordable DDOS filtering services. So even if you're not currently a Sharktech customer, you may have been positively effected of us without even knowing it, yet you are trying to bash us.

Regarding the problems you mentioned, no doubt every hosting business that is established on this sensitive field allowing IRC hosting and providing DDOS filtering may pass through problems from time to time, otherwise IRC hosting wouldn't be forbidden from most ISPs world-wide to avoid the trouble of hosting it. However, whenever a problem has occurred, we don't hide it but admit it and we're always working to improve our service's quality.

Thank you.
    Sharktech has had a bad rep and I had a very bad experience there, dont wanna get into that BUT I would have to say there has been some noticable improvement from looking at the bots and psybncs of sharktech clients on efnet,

I may even try em again someday unless they didnt like my bad reviews before

But I would really like to see their level of support change or hear some good experiences lately people have had. Ill try anyone once, twice, even three times. Gotta diversify.

And with awknet, they have had problems before as well but their network is pretty good now. I have 8 vps on an awknet provider. With this type of hosting it sure doesnt hurt to check out different places or have things at different places. I still say staminus is the best, that has got me in some trouble on here before but without staminus my company would not have grown to the point it is today. SO my main things will always be there.

BUt as far as IRC/Shell hosting - dang that is one crappy business, I use the networks for web protection, tried the shell thing before and failed. Some do great with it but I just couldnt handle the chargebacks, fraud, and abuse complaints

PS if anyone has any eggs on sharktech network please join them to #sst on efnet
    Last edited by jon-f; 01-12-2008 at 04:14 AM.