Thread: Server4U down?

Server4U down?

Hi,

Anyone know if server4u is down? All my servers are down WTF? Can somone follow up on this

thanks!!

down 1:10am

thanks

Where?? that link doesn't say anything about server4u?

WTf.. just went back up WTF? happe? can someone explain?? or anyone know what happen

WTF? just went back down. Anyone know what is going on here??
    please advise on how long

Moved to outages.

Yes, server4u is down (again)

Can't reach either their website or my server, from several locations (ev1, atjeu, home DSL). They're not picking up the phone, as you've probably already noticed. Network problem?

Anyone know how long will this be? until server4u is up? WTF? I thought they were a good provider? what is going on here? Please.. Website is down phone them no one pick up. WTF is the dEAL here.. This kinda suck!!!

I just got back in - try it now dice.

I just logged in on my.server4you.net...
    LATEST NEWS - Urgent Maintenance Notice 12 Jan | 2:00 am - 6:00 am
    Between 2am and 6am Central Daylight Time on Monday the 12th of January we need to restart our routers several times due to unavoidable and urgent router updates. Service will be briefly interrupted during this time. We apologize in advance for inconveniences this will cause and are sorry for the short notice.

I saw around 50 minutes of downtime... not exactly what I call "brief".

ok, just had another 1-2 minute downtime

Can you stop WTFing? Sounded funny anyway

This is not a support forum, there will be no response if nobody knows what is happening. So thousands of WTFing will not make a difference.

you know, hosts have downtime, things like that happen all the time, i dont know of a single host that hasn't had downtime, did you stop to think that perhaps something happen which casued the downtime and they were trying to fix them? you know how long it is to fix even the smallest thing on a server?

Is Server4you down Again ?

Yeap, they sure are.

Edit: They just came back up for me.

Level(3) had a maint window last nite, 99% sure that is the problem.

WTF?? down again

WTF>>??

this is getting crazy!!! down aagain now and its longer!!! this time its 2 hours downtime WTF???? Please someone call them and see wTF is going on..

this suck!! are they updgrading or what what the hell are they doing!!!

doham!!!

can it with the WTF...

if you don't like their service, cancel your account. problem solved.

hate to point it out, but Server4You is the cheapest dedicated host (that I know of). you get what you pay for.

yeah

yeah man......this is total ******** it's been down here ALL day long.....

From the CP:
    Today at approximately 12:00 noon CST, part of our network went down for approximately 60 minutes due to an internal hacking attack. We don’t have too much information yet, but it looks like one of our client servers attacked one of our Juniper core routers and caused about 30% of our network to be nearly unreachable because of very high packet loss. We are working on a solution to be back to normal operations as soon as possible. Normally, this kind of problem should not be possible with our fully redundant router setup. We are checking back with Juniper right now to determine whether there is any hardware problem or newly discovered security hole with our routers. We apologize for any problems and inconveniences there may be and do our best to solve that matter ASAP

dicehost.com: First off, if your going to post on these forums please be mature about it. Since you have no website up yet I am assuming you are a new host, and that is not the best method of showing your possible future customers how you react in situations. Assuming that you have not started up yet, what happens when your S4Y server(s) are down for weeks (happened to me)? Not only will you be mad at S4Y but will also have many clients losing business and you will not be able to sleep with the phone calls. The web hosting market can be vey stressful and you need to make sure that you can work through these types of situations and calmly work with your clients.

Just wondering how long you've been with Server4You?

"Anyone know how long will this be? until server4u is up? WTF? I thought they were a good provider? what is going on here? Please.. Website is down phone them no one pick up. WTF is the dEAL here.. This kinda suck!!!"

How did you determine that they are a good provider? When I first researched Server4You I heard mixed reviews of pros/cons and so I decided to try them out for a month myself. Within the first 48 hours I had already been able to determine that they are just not a reliable host. I completely agree with "whatevah's" statement, "You get what you pay for."