Hybrid View

I am wondering if this is worth the effort

Looks like this applies the MLM type technique to SEO.

http://www.traffic-matrix.com?177

I've signed up to give it a try, it does have potential if you can keep the chains going.

Anyone else give it a try?

The visitors that you get will be worthless. They are not interested in your product -- they are just there to get the code.
    If we do not plant knowledge when young, it will give us no shade when we are old.
    Lord Chesterfield

that's my thoughts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyWilliams View Post
    The visitors that you get will be worthless. They are not interested in your product -- they are just there to get the code.
    EXACTLY! If I had to do this for some reason the driving force for me to browse the other sites would definitely be - the code

I wonder if such visitors even bother to take a look at the sites they open?! I guess I don't need an answer to this one.

I totally agree!

You "might" get some traffic, but it will be completely useless. Just as useless as you opening up the pop-ups.. getting a code and closing the popup down. That is the traffic you will get...

Quote Originally Posted by AmyWilliams View Post
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / "Automate. Grow. Repeat"
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / A KEAP Certified Developer (KCD)

Random traffic does not do any good at all than just boost up your traffic stats. What draws the line is the level of targeted traffic and the conversion you get from them.
    OneIMS.com - Internet Marketing and SEO

Traffic from such sites are useless. Such traffic don't convert.

This kind of traffic is like automated traffic.

worthless traffic. no use at all.
    Instead of this try to submit your site in High PR & popular directory and improve your ranking.This will also help you to get quality hits and backlinks
    Vishal

Indian Social Bookmarking tweetr.in

Those softwares are Craps!!
    Inway - India's Most Trusted Web Host
    █ SSD Web Hosting + CMS + Email Solutions Simplified
    Visit us at Web Hosting India

About 5 years ago I ordered several hundred thousand visitors from pop under traffic to my website. My log files showed the traffic, yet not one sale. This was before Google Analytics and measuring bounce rate, but I’m sure the bounce rate was extremely high. Don’t waste your money on these schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by seotogo View Post
    About 5 years ago I ordered several hundred thousand visitors from pop under traffic to my website. My log files showed the traffic, yet not one sale. This was before Google Analytics and measuring bounce rate, but I’m sure the bounce rate was extremely high. Don’t waste your money on these schemes.
    What were you expecting anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by mummy View Post
    What were you expecting anyway?
    5 years ago I was expecting a few sales. Mark it off to live and learn.

I don't think SEO is really that important. What helps more seems to be business networking on a local scale with large name chain businesses, and getting to know them well enough that they recruit customers to you on a national and international level.

Otherwise drop-ship sales are a pretty popular solution today too, and with the drop-ship market you're bound to make alot of $$ and get alot of traffic despite how good your optimization is.

Companies that make their money off selling SEO products will tell you that SEO is needed to boost your ratings, but there's more than one way to skin the cat.

but now if you're trying to auction off a domain you will want to have good SEO ratings.
    Last edited by Eagle2005; 04-16-2008 at 02:35 PM. Reason: forgot to mention something

Geez... where were you 8 years ago or so Eagle2005? Are you saying that I just wasted 8 years of my life working in the SEO/SEM business because you don't think its important?

Why does my company even had a Marketing Department? Whats the point, you said its not important. SEOizing a website to gain more exposure due to better search engine placement, I guess is a waste of time.

Ok... i'm going to go lay off some of my employees, beccause.. ya know.. SEO just isn't important. I'm also going to email all the clients that we have... and say:

"Ya know what.. we're just gonna refund your money. Because someone on webhostingtalk.com with 4 posts just said that "I don't think SEO is really that important.". So here is your money back, and i'm sorry to have wasted your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle2005 View Post
    I don't think SEO is really that important.
    Social networking is great, spending money on PPC is another route, word-of-mouth is another way, customer referrals, off-line marketing is another tool... but to just say SEO isn't important, you really don't have much experience in the field do you?
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / "Automate. Grow. Repeat"
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / A KEAP Certified Developer (KCD)

Such kind of traffic is like a worthless bot hitting your site.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFloydWS View Post
    Ok... i'm going to go lay off some of my employees, beccause.. ya know.. SEO just isn't important. I'm also going to email all the clients that we have... and say:

"Ya know what.. we're just gonna refund your money. Because someone on webhostingtalk.com with 4 posts just said that "I don't think SEO is really that important.".
    There goes another perfectly good cup of coffee on the new keyboard damnit
    William Cross
    Don Halbert *play site*
    william@seofox.com