VASERV/FSCKVPS Review

First, this company is obviously retarded. I started with them back when Rus owned them. None of the entitites make any sense to me - I am in the US so if I were to be asked who is my VPS with - WTF do I say? VASERVE? FSCKVPS? What abut this new company that bought them out? Who the hell are they? Didnt they used to be owned by NAMESCO or something?

When I go to the VASERV website I am redirected to the cheapvps.co.uk website. When choose the UNITED STATES flag in their drop down, I am taken to the not so fancy fsckvps.com which makes me feel lonely and forgotten bc the website looks OLD.

It gets better. If you go to the https://secure.fsckvps.com website and try to submit a ticket, you get a blank HTML page.

Of course, the billing functions all work. You can view and pay an invoice (LOL of course you can). You can order new services (LOL of course you can) but submit a ticket? As Cee-lo would say, FSCK YOU!

If you are resourceful you might find your way to https://support.vaserv.com where you can submit a ticket. You wont find a link to this on the fsckvps.com helpdesk, natch.

What a jacked up, screwed up company with no identity. Now they are owned by Simply Virtual, who bought the company from Blue something or another? WTF

Crazy thing is - as obviously screwed up at this place is, my tickets are answered quickly and my VPS (OPENVZ) is pretty reliable - although the load is light.

Put a gun my head and ask me who my VPS hosting company is you'd have to pull the trigger BC I honestly have no idea. I feel like the whole thing could to hell in at any time and I will probably look around for a new provider. My only ticket in like 5 years was answered swiftly however. Quite the quandary. If my server was XEN I'd probably stay for sure and might anyway out of laziness.

The company needs to fix it's horrible identity crisis IMO and convince me it won't all go to hell tomorrow.
    Last edited by StartAgain; 06-21-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Hi there,

First of all thank you for the review and we are glad to see you being happy with the service, however we regret to hear that you are considering on leaving. Nevertheless, we understand that you are currently confused with position of the FsckVPS within our group. Allow me clarify couple of things for you:

FsckVPS is the trading name of Simply Virtual Servers (US) LLC and CheapVPS is the trading name of Simply Virtual Servers Limited, both of which are subsidiaries wholly owned by Namesco Limited. Therefore our brands are still owned by Namesco Limited, and we have no plans on changing that.

Furthermore, as you can already see - our UK brand, CheapVPS has been refreshed recently. We will shortly be revamping our FsckVPS website as well, together with the new client area, fully integrated with our SolusVM control panel and our helpdesk. We also plan on updating the product range in the US to include Xen-based VPS shortly.

As you have seen, we are quick on responses, and we go above and beyond for our clients. We do also tend to provide quality service, hence we would be more than happy to keep you with us. With the upcoming refreshed website, offers and client area integrations we are commencing right now - FsckVPS website will be on par with our UK brand - CheapVPS.

FsckVPS is by no means a forgotten brand, it's rather a case of us doing one thing at the time, as we want to provide a unique experience for our clients by offering a completely professional service.

Should you have any inquiries, please feel free to let me know either here or by opening a ticket with us. For now please use our support portal at https://support.vaserv.com and we will be emailing all our customers to advise them beforehand on the new website and new client area. This will, whatsoever, have no effect on your service, which you are already happy with.

What about your help desk issues?

Are you going to fix the help desk issues? I can pay an invoice and order stuff but I can't submit a support ticket?

reflects poorly and makes you look shady, especially since you decided to neglect to address it in your reply. The blank HTML when submitting a ticket is clearly intentional. How about a link to the proper helpdesk where a ticket can be submitted.

Not sure why I am belaboring this point. Your helpdesk will let me me pay an invoice and let me order more stuff, but the "submit a ticket" part is broken. I'm probably not too bright for sticking around as long as I have.

Like most ventures VAServ/Rus seem to be involved in, its very messy. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the service is fantastic and I know Rus is a great stand up guy. But the organisation is terrible and has been all the way back down to A2/B2. Most sites have bad links, wrong ownership/copyright info, etc. As the op said, its got a major identity crisis.

I was someone who used to regularly use A2B2 however when VAServe started this whole 'start up, sell off' style business it makes you wonder who will own your server 6 months down the line!

I really think there needs to be some clarification on the actual sites, and sent to clients. The fact that all the websites look like they were slapped together in 2 minutes makes things worse as you simply cant find anything. It comes across as pure laziness...it'll take a couple of days to put together decent content. If you cant design a website or cant afford a decent designer, you pick up a $20 template from theme forest - a very effective, easy way of getting the site sorted.I was actually a reseller with fsck...then one day the reseller WHMCS area vanished and that was it...

Please get your sites and communication sorted out. You're a great company but lack severely in this area.
    WHSuite - Billing, Automation and Client Management Software.

My story with this guys maybe my fault or maybe theirs dont know!

Well i had my vps with vaserve for quite a long time now since they got hacked a couple of years back.

Anyway back at the time they werent charging me for the cpanel since i had a christmas deal at the time and when i lost all my data since my backup was inside the vps they didnt charge me for quite a long time which was great from them since i lost all the data that ive been accumulating for 5 years at the time.

However last month they asked me to pay them and i asked them how much it will be and they turned around and said 18pounds a month including the vps which was nearly double the amount that i had at that christmas time when i got my vps so i wasnt happy for this so i paid 18 pounds in order to get my site back and get the latest backup of my site and im closing my account with this guys at the end of this month and moving somewhere else because:

1- They suspended my site for nearly a month and they refused to get it up till i paid the money!
    2- I lost all my data when they got hacked (and who knows maybe they will get hacked again)
    3- Their service is gonne well down since my site was having problems with the downtime during the nightime and alot of users couldnt surf on my site and i had alot of email complaints even though the site was working fine for me and no ip were banned from my vps (so probably smth to do with vaservers)
    4- I am still pissed off with them since i lost all my work and most of my users at the time because their admins couldnt sort everything out at once but kept telling every customer to wait and see because some of the data can be saved from the hacking.

5- This is what one of their team members sent me:

Maria

Posted On: 21 Apr 2011 08:21 PM
    Hi,

As previously mentioned you do not appear to be in our billing system. If you have transaction receipts then we will be able to track this down for you, however you have previously indicated that you do not therefore the only way forward with this is to begin billing you for the VPS now. In order to do this you are required to order a VPS package in order for us to link this to your VPS and get you back online.

I'm sorry if I have caused any confusion or not made clear the situation during this ticket; however as explained above, this is the only way forwards.
    -------
    Sincerely,
    Maria
    Simply Virtual Servers
    So if they cant track any of my payments what kind of company is this? My opinion if you got anything to do with this guys close it down and run as fast as you can because you can find better prices and more reliable help somewhere else!

All the best to everyone who is hosted with them!

Same thing happened to me. When I told them they were not billing me they never even said thanks. One month or so passed and they raised my rate about 20 percent.

Not looking good here....Rus/Vlad any input on my post and the two following?