HSphere v Directadmin, esp for additional domains

CPanel is utter rubbish for additional domains, treating them as add on domains.

Directadmin on the other hand is good as it treats them as proper domains (so you get proper folder structure etc).

What is HSphere like?

Has anyone here used Directadmin & Hsphere. What are your views please.

H-Sphere treats all domains equally very similar to DirectAdmin.

All this time I thought it was hostgator causing the problem with the add on domains, however, it's cPanel. Thanks. Just have experience with DirectAdmin...stable, fast, secure, simple look with advanced features.

Hsphere is awesome. I use it and it works very well. Used Cpanel in the past and it is ok, but I think Hsphere is much richer.
    Web Hosting Review - Real Reviews by Real People Submit your company and get a link to your site, Read Reviews GET YOUR Voice HEARD and REVIEW your HOST NOW!!! Check out our IT Blog Tips & Tricks

Hsphere is quite similar to Directadmin, but i would go for directadmin if i had the choice. No offence , but cPanel beats them all.
    Nexim Web Hosting
    Reliable And Affordable Web, Reseller and VPS Hosting
    Advanced DDoS Protecion | Unmetered Bandwidth | Virtualizor | cPanel | MariaDB | LiteSpeed LSAPI | SSH/GIT Access | Nightly Backups and more.
    Contact: mail [at] neximweb.com / +19707033844 / Live Support on Website

Hsphere handles each DNS zone as a top level domain. Very intelligent control panel. DirectAdmin is nice as well, but, it lacks the clustering that can be found in hsphere. Really depends on what you are after.
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

H-sphere is a great control panel. I like their dual platform support and single login for all domains instead of cPanel, which have separate login for each domain. H-sphere seem no more development and the price is more expensive compare to cPanel.
    [Hostegic] [Features: Softaculous | RvSitebuilder | R1Soft backups | LiteSpeed | Cloudlinux | CloudFlare]
    [Location: UK] [Platforms: Linux - cPanel | Windows - WebsitePanel/Plesk]
    [Solutions: Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Virtual Private Servers - Xen/OpenVZ]
    [Guarantees: 24/7 Helpdesk Support | 99.9% Uptime Guarantee | 30 Days Money Back Guarantee]

Quote Originally Posted by shaokhee View Post
    . H-sphere seem no more development
    to be fair, and even though I am not thrilled with parallels (who is though) - they released v3.4 of hsphere in Oct 2010. They dont develop nearly quickly enough, and we have had to take on some hsphere development ourselves to keep up with things, but, it is certainly still being developed by parallels. I think, like everything else parallels does - they are slow and inefficient.

and the price is more expensive compare to cPanel.
    I guess it depends on what you are trying to do. 1 account in hsphere can be comprised 1-5 or more servers/VMs/Cloud Servers/etc.. and you are just paying for 1 account license. Whereas cPanel is licensed per server and is not overly intelligent to cluster across multiple services, etc.. so, sometimes cpanel licensing works out to be less expensive and sometimes hsphere licensing works out to be less expensive. Just depends on what you are trying to do. End of the day though, over a fleet of servers, there is no difference in actual license fees. Though, using hsphere, you will realize a total cost of ownership savings over single server platforms like cpanel and directadmin. We use all 3 control panels (as well as websitepanel) - and they all have their respective benefits, features, etc.. again, it really comes down to what people need and why - and based on their requirements, they can make a respective control panel decision.
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

btw it dont make subdomain as addon, how can you say that?

DirectAdmin rules. I never could get used to hsphere's interface. DA is clean, and handles addon domains very well.
    AS395558

Quote Originally Posted by cartika-andrew View Post
    to be fair, and even though I am not thrilled with parallels (who is though) - they released v3.4 of hsphere in Oct 2010. They dont develop nearly quickly enough, and we have had to take on some hsphere development ourselves to keep up with things, but, it is certainly still being developed by parallels. I think, like everything else parallels does - they are slow and inefficient.

I guess it depends on what you are trying to do. 1 account in hsphere can be comprised 1-5 or more servers/VMs/Cloud Servers/etc.. and you are just paying for 1 account license. Whereas cPanel is licensed per server and is not overly intelligent to cluster across multiple services, etc.. so, sometimes cpanel licensing works out to be less expensive and sometimes hsphere licensing works out to be less expensive. Just depends on what you are trying to do. End of the day though, over a fleet of servers, there is no difference in actual license fees. Though, using hsphere, you will realize a total cost of ownership savings over single server platforms like cpanel and directadmin. We use all 3 control panels (as well as websitepanel) - and they all have their respective benefits, features, etc.. again, it really comes down to what people need and why - and based on their requirements, they can make a respective control panel decision.
    It is costly from end user point of view. There are less providers who provide hosting with H-Sphere control panel and normally it cost more compare to cPanel. But I really like how they organize thing in control panel compare to cPanel.
    [Hostegic] [Features: Softaculous | RvSitebuilder | R1Soft backups | LiteSpeed | Cloudlinux | CloudFlare]
    [Location: UK] [Platforms: Linux - cPanel | Windows - WebsitePanel/Plesk]
    [Solutions: Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Virtual Private Servers - Xen/OpenVZ]
    [Guarantees: 24/7 Helpdesk Support | 99.9% Uptime Guarantee | 30 Days Money Back Guarantee]

Parallels Plesk seems to be a clone of HSphere. Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by outlookemail View Post
    Plesk is far from H-Sphere. And I would avoid Plesk, from provider and end-user point of view.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

+1 for me. I tried H-Sphere before, and lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougy View Post
    DirectAdmin rules. I never could get used to hsphere's interface. DA is clean, and handles addon domains very well.

Quote Originally Posted by outlookemail View Post
    The biggest difference between Plesk and H-Sphere (there are many, but the biggest) is architecturally. H-Sphere is a multi-server control panel, meaning that there is a single "master" control panel (GUI) to which admins/users log into, but the services they are running reside on several servers which are usually dedicated to a particular purpose (i.e. there would be logical servers dedicated to web hosting, some to mail hosting, etc.). While Plesk is a single-server control panel: it is designed to only control one server and all controlled/provisioned services are run on that server.

Quote Originally Posted by gate2vn View Post
    +1 for me. I tried H-Sphere before, and lost.
    H-Sphere has complicated interface and it's not easy to use it.
    I dislike it at all. And use the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by reswertious-adam View Post
    The interface is not as much complex as compared to other control panels and the best thing I like about HSphere is its cross platform compatability i.e it supports both Windows and Linux server hosting through single interface.

Quote Originally Posted by reswertious-adam View Post
    I am not sure what's so complicated about H-Sphere. Please do tell ...

Speaking about cross platfrom, there is hardly any control panel out there that will manage multiple OS (Linux, Windows, and FreeBSD) under one system.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

Quote Originally Posted by FHDave View Post
    I am not sure what's so complicated about H-Sphere. Please do tell ...

Speaking about cross platfrom, there is hardly any control panel out there that will manage multiple OS (Linux, Windows, and FreeBSD) under one system.
    That is the point most people miss. Windows, Linux, BSD, Sharepoint, Exchange, Coldfusion, VPS, etc, etc - all centrally managed - and VERY SIMPLE to put whatever specific services you want, on whatever architecture or infrastructure you want. There is nothing else out there like it. Honestly, you cannot compare hsphere to other control panels - a control panel like cpanel or directadmin or whatever cannot be compared to something like hsphere - which is a "solution" - an entire engine - rather then just a control panel. Heck, we use hsphere to manage all of our VPS, Cloud and Dedicated installs, customers, billing, etc that are running cpanel and directadmin for example. I guess the issue is that most do not realize what hsphere is. it handles "control panel" types of functions - and typically better then other control panels do. But, at the root of the solution, it is not a control panel and can (and usually is) used to manage, bill, support installs of other control panels (cpanel, directadmin, plesk, etc) running on all sorts of infrastructure (vps, cloud, dedicated, etc)...

From an end user perspective, or a consumer perspective - if a specific control panel matters to you, then purchase the one you want - whether this is shared, reseller, vps, cloud, dedicated, etc.. doesnt really matter what providers are using upstream and most providers these days offer a bit of a variety for their customers - as everyone has different preferences..
    www.cartika.com

Quote Originally Posted by cartika-andrew View Post
    Just to put this out there, admittedly our H-Sphere development has been historically quite slow. After a review of this, we recently rebooted development (with 3.4) and have three additional planned H-Sphere releases over the next 12 months. The next of which (3.4.1) is coming out next month.

- Blake Tyra
    Product Manager, Control Panels
    || Parallels, Inc. / www.parallels.com
    Good to see Parallels with a presence here on WHT.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by Parallels || Blake View Post
    Just to put this out there, admittedly our H-Sphere development has been historically quite slow. After a review of this, we recently rebooted development (with 3.4) and have three additional planned H-Sphere releases over the next 12 months. The next of which (3.4.1) is coming out next month.
    Thanks Blake for your reply. This is indeed good news. Hsphere is the best product you have - and its not even close. Glad to see Parallels starting to understand this and throwing your weight behind it.

I appreciate you taking the time to address my concerns..
    www.cartika.com