Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mac OSX Mountain Lion is very good from my usage. It crashes a lot less (almost never) compared to Windows 7.
    My Site : Chi Chi's Floral [Under Construction - Link Coming Soon!]

Hosted by: Myhosting.com - 10 months and counting!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by pavitrabalse07 View Post
    Windows 7 is the best . I am using this os from past 2 years. Its good
    Did you use Windows 8 ever? If you dont use then how can you say that Windows 7 is best.
      0 Not allowed!

There are several operating systems are available in the market but all of these I think, Windows 7 is the best operating system. I am using it, it is user friendly and very well perform. It includes more features such as better graphics, reduced boot time, improved security and Revamped Task bar, etc.
      0 Not allowed!

One vote for Windows 7 64-bit.
      0 Not allowed!

i should say windows 8 is the best windows now
      0 Not allowed!

windows 8 is great, its faster than 7 and has a few new cool features, its only $40 until tomorrow.
      0 Not allowed!

Windows 8

windows 8 in sexy os for touchscreen users
      0 Not allowed!

According to me, Windows 7 is the best
      0 Not allowed!

the newest windows 8 is the best. love it from the 1st day using it. fast start and shut off.
      0 Not allowed!

I hated windows 8 when i first tried it.
    but now i found Classic Shell and it has been great since.
    Faster than win 7.

Still i would go for Linux Mint if i were not so
    dependent on some win programs..
      0 Not allowed!

I have been using Ubuntu for close to 6 years, would never even think about switching to another OS at this point
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat
      0 Not allowed!

If you like working in a productive desktop environment and multi-tasking, use Windows 7. If you like using a tablet, use Windows 8.

Personally I can't stand the idea of not having a fully functional taskbar, start menu and desktop-focused interface for my applications, so I'm intending on skipping Windows 8 (I skipped Vista too) in hopes that the next attempt will return a healthy respect to desktop productivity to Windows.

I might have given Windows 8 a bigger chance, but they took too much away from the productive environment and you have to hack about to get it back. I would rather not have to install 3rd party software and make intensive changes in the control panel or registry to make my operating system useful to me.

Plus I'm trying not to support the idea of the Windows software store - by allowing OS developers to coerce or steer software distribution through proprietary stores it imposes unhealthy requirements and restrictions on developers. There's actually material in the Windows software store that's supportive of censorship and feature restriction.

Anyone who was around or has at least read up on the transition from DOS based computing to the desktop user interface knows what happened to the legacy applications from DOS, they were forced out by the hand of incompatibility and companies that invested heavily on 16 bit computing infrastructures in many cases were sold up the river without a hope of recouping their losses.

It's my significant concern that I hope Windows desktop computing as it's evolved doesn't become the next 16 bit program exodus. If it does, linux & wine will be my only viable option.

I will say my concern is amplified with the semi-recent news that Intel is going to be pursuing socketless computing (a marriage of CPU & Motherboard). I'm an old-guard minded desktop user and I like building my own systems to my own specs. I really can't stomach the thought of a tablet-UI domination of future computing. Not to mention the fact it's sad to see so many good computer shops close because everyone's moving to an irreparable heavily integrated device, or buying disposable vendor crap that's cheaper to exchange than it is to swap a motherboard.
    Last edited by David_McKim; 02-26-2013 at 07:38 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

my choice of OS: Windows 7, Windows 8, CentOS & Ubuntu server.
    Explore our outstanding VPS choices tailored to your budget, and we welcome reasonable offers.
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==
      0 Not allowed!

windows 8 is much better if you have a touch based UI PC like an ultrabook or so. Otherwise windows 7 is recommended on older PCs.
      0 Not allowed!

I still love to use XP though but because technology evolves, as I'm now on Win7, I would be willing to try Win8 soon.
      0 Not allowed!

I was trying Windows 8, it can't support some games but other than that it's really awesome.
    But I would recommend windows 7 for now because I never got a problem when use windows 7.
      0 Not allowed!

17. Window 2008 is the best and latest OS in present time.
      0 Not allowed!

Is WINDOWS FOR WORKGROUPS (over DOS) still an option? :-)
    John Rasri
    Private Label Live Chat Provider For Resellers
    GotLiveChat.com
    White Label/Brand-able live chat software solutions
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by David_McKim View Post
    Plus I'm trying not to support the idea of the Windows software store - by allowing OS developers to coerce or steer software distribution through proprietary stores it imposes unhealthy requirements and restrictions on developers. There's actually material in the Windows software store that's supportive of censorship and feature restriction.
    As a developer I find your comments funny.

I don't have an app for the win store but will move my products over this year... and sell along side my "traditional" products. The fact my traditional apps will be showed is a major plus.

The store is a great place for people to find, purchase and sell products. It reminds me of that great feature in Ubuntu... when you need a product, all you have to do is search in the Ubuntu Software Center. I'm glad something like it came to Windows.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!
      0 Not allowed!

Talking

I love to work with win 7 .
      0 Not allowed!

I've been meaning to try Windows 8 on my laptop, so don't put too much weight on my opinion, but regardless the biggest challenge for Windows 8 is the learning curve. I tried Win8 at Best Buy on a touchscreen monitor. I was so confused. For the most part, it feels like a large-scale smartphone (which makes sense considering Windows Phone 8) but I feel like the lack of an always on-screen Start button makes things so much more difficult than they need to be.

Once you're used to it though, Win 8 is supposedly better optimized than Win 7.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TehSkull View Post
    I've been meaning to try Windows 8 on my laptop, so don't put too much weight on my opinion, but regardless the biggest challenge for Windows 8 is the learning curve. I tried Win8 at Best Buy on a touchscreen monitor. I was so confused. For the most part, it feels like a large-scale smartphone (which makes sense considering Windows Phone 8) but I feel like the lack of an always on-screen Start button makes things so much more difficult than they need to be.

Once you're used to it though, Win 8 is supposedly better optimized than Win 7.
    I tried an early version at BestBuy and BestBuy had it locked down so I could not leave the front screen or click on anything. On another I could not grab the side menus due to a plastic security device.

At that point I'd been working with Win 8 for six months or so.

I was stuck and it was not the OS's fault.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!
      0 Not allowed!

I keep trying windows 8 but it seems to break my SSD somehow. Every time I use it after a few months the hard drive partitions get messed up so now I run Arch Linux which actually works extremely well and lets me do almost everything except Photoshop.
      0 Not allowed!

Windows seven work like a charm for me, Why windows 8 if current OS already give me best computing experience.
      0 Not allowed!

Windows 7 for games, gentoo for work
      0 Not allowed!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast