Question The best and anonymous/private free email service?

I saw few sites offering that for a small amount they can provide all details of any gmail account i.e. real name, location, phone, etc like offered here http://www.emailfinder.com If this is true, this is very weird.

I have two questions:

1. How they can access this private information?
    2. Which free web based email service is more secure/safe/anonymous that can't leak any kind of information like ip location, country, name, etc?

<<snipped>>
    Last edited by bear; 05-14-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    https://www.globalcashsite.com/blog/ | Buy 100,000 or 1 Million Hits at cheap price
    After One Infraction Now I Know: Prices are not allowed in signature

Quote Originally Posted by globalcashsite View Post
    1. How they can access this private information?
    2. Which free web based email service is more secure/safe/anonymous that can't leak any kind of information like ip location, country, name, etc?

They are not accessing private information, they simply lookup any public record of the email .. facebook, linkedin etc. Then lookup any listed address and other info against that same name.

As for the second question, all of the known free webmail services are going to be pretty much as secure as each other in that respect IMO.

My favorite service is Mailinator.com

If you want things secure, then a free mail service will be tough to find. Better look for paid options. Some are very cheap, like 10 - 20 $ per year only. If you care a lot about privacy, better pay that small amount than to trust a free provider which has to live of advertisements and indeed (with bots usually) scans emails in order to trigger the right ads. If you wish to bypass this, go paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit View Post
    If you want things secure, then a free mail service will be tough to find. Better look for paid options. Some are very cheap, like 10 - 20 $ per year only. If you care a lot about privacy, better pay that small amount than to trust a free provider which has to live of advertisements and indeed (with bots usually) scans emails in order to trigger the right ads. If you wish to bypass this, go paid.
    Paid options? Makes the anonymous requirement a bit hard then.

I believe there isn't a decent requirement for "anonymous" services, if you want something secure and safe then you shouldn't have any issues finding something.
    █ | Hoopla Hosting -
    █ | WordPress Web Hosting New Zealand - Reseller Hosting - cPanel - Zurmo Hosting - Softaculous - CloudFlare

Why would paid make the anonymous requirement harder to achieve? In the end EVERY mail provider works the same, with one nuance: some are free and thus need revenue from advertisements to keep going (and to attract the right ads they scan your email data with bots to provide certain info to advertisers) while others will get payments from customers and thus don't need to scan your emails for advertisements.

In terms of anonimity there is no difference, unless you sign up with your own domain rather than the domain of your mail provider, but these days both paid and free email providers offer you that choice to use their domain or an own domain (eg Zoho, Google Apps, Windows Live, ... all allow you to use your own domain with their webmail service for free)

i use safe-mail.net, also see hidemyass service for email, but dont know any details

I use thexyz which is 100% ad-free, secure and they do not sell your details to third party advertisers like other services for the simple reason it is ad free. It does cost me a few bucks a month but I think it worth it for the added security. I like how clean it makes me feel to use webmail that doesn't try and sell me a tractor or wedding dress.

I am using mail.com its an easy to use platform were you can have multiple accounts in one.