PSM Great Service

My website <<Snipped>> is growing and I will need a dedicated server down the road so I have begun researching dedicated hosting solutions.

A fully managed dedicated server is a nice option for me as I can modify simple PHP code but not much more.

Another interesting option is an unmanaged server with a 3rd party management service helping me.

After calling quite a few hosts I came across Platinum Server Management. I was amazed with the thoughtful answers that Ethan gave me. He was far and away the politest and friendliest person that I have encountered so far in my quest for a dedicated server solution. Rackspace came in second.

No one really came in third. The rest simply wanted to get rid of me when they knew that I would not sign up that same day.

While many on this board do not like reactive server management I think that it is perfect and I agree with Ethan 100%.

Here is why: A while back web hosts upgraded the PHP version being used. My webhost did not tell me before upgrading. As a result my PHP Mysql shopping cart went down for the count. I found out by accident. I found the ioncube update that I needed and uploaded it which fixed my shopping cart.

Other than very urgent security fixes I never want anything upgraded on my server again.

Ethan also convinced me to get a remote backup before I got a RAID setup.

We then talked about several subjects. Fantastic support and I have not yet signed up.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 02-27-2006 at 12:15 AM.

Last time I checked. They don't offer Dedicated Servers. So you should have posted this in the MANAGED forum.

Great Job Platinum Server Management!

I actually had someone I speak to tell me the same thing about how well they handled a few issues.
    I always did like the clouds

I signed up for them today.. and their wonderful so far. (Not much to judge by though).

They have a wonderful reputation, and I'll post a review in a month or so when I have a better time period to judge on.

Quote Originally Posted by swflnetworks
    Last time I checked. They don't offer Dedicated Servers. So you should have posted this in the MANAGED forum.
    Actually, you are correct, they don't offer dedicated servers. I have a newborn baby (Samantha) and am not getting much sleep so small details slip by at times, as I was working on finding a dedicated server when I came across PSM.

Thanks for letting me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulberrywood
    We then talked about several subjects. Fantastic support and I have not yet signed up.
    Hope it continues after you signup.
    Follow me
    on
    twitter!

ive been with platinumservermanagement for a while and theyre great, i just wish there url was shorter to type :-)

Quote Originally Posted by LBX
    Hope it continues after you signup.
    So do I, however, there is no contract and for $29 per month, I don't see much downside. I look foward to being actively involved in my server management. I am just not ready to do it all myself.

I thought they offered dedicated under the serverbasement brand
    Web Hosting Plus
    Premium Australian Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by SSHocker
    I thought they offered dedicated under the serverbasement brand
    Regardless, it's not under the PSM brand, so everyone here is pretty right.

I couldn't agree more! PSM is the best choice, hands down! No one even comes close to these guys (and girls). Since I moved over to them a long while ago they are in a class of their own!