Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Dhruva Host Troubles, Need help

Well I bought Reseller Hosting from Dhruva Hosting, Now I had my site going correct, I tried a test install of SMF through softaculous. I was then messing around, Trying a few things in WHMCS, and in basic configuration or something, I had changed the DNS from what it was to the IP of the domain for some stupid reason, I suppose I was just experimenting. But as soon as I done that, I could see the menu bar for WHMCS on the side, but the main page kept timing out. And now I cant even access cPanel.

Now I have opened a ticket to dhruval and they have replied to me once now in 5 days of me opening the ticket, 2 days ago they had claimed that its not there problem as WHMCS is not apart of the server, they blamed my script...

Now is there anything I can do to fix this, or anything I can tell them to fix this as Im wasting money with this company. Not that id get a response in a couple of days anyway so im hoping i can fix it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jpoulte View Post
    Trying a few things in WHMCS, and in basic configuration or something, I had changed the DNS from what it was to the IP of the domain for some stupid reason, I suppose I was just experimenting. But as soon as I done that, I could see the menu bar for WHMCS on the side, but the main page kept timing out. And now I cant even access cPanel.
    Where did you changed the DNS? On your WHM ?

Now I have opened a ticket to dhruval and they have replied to me once now in 5 days of me opening the ticket, 2 days ago they had claimed that its not there problem as WHMCS is not apart of the server, they blamed my script...
    Well this is a lot of time to answer a ticket. And are they sure that it is a WHMCS problem? As far as the cpanel does not load it is not a WHMCS problem.
    SnelBit.com - Internet Services!
    Shared Web Hosting | VPS Hosting | Europe VPS | SSD Dedicated Servers
    Innovation - Professionalism - Dedication | Simple reasons to choose us for being your Hosting Provider!

sorry, No wonder the host didnt know what I was talking about. I believe its WHM, Where you can make the hosting accounts, packages etc. Sorry for the confusion... Thanks for the fast reply, Way better than dhruval, or hotscripts

sorry, No wonder the host didnt know what I was talking about. I believe its WHM, Where you can make the hosting accounts, packages etc. Sorry for the confusion... Thanks for the fast reply, Way better than dhruval, or hotscripts
    Then they must help you.
    Or try to fix it yourself. Login to your WHM ->DNS Functions >> Edit DNS Zone
    Find your domain's zone and click edit. There are all the records of your domain.

It will be better to leave your host fix it for you if you do not have a good knowledge.

As i saw it is a "unmetered-unlimited" hosting provider. So i am not really surprising about their slow ticket reply's
    Innovation - Professionalism - Dedication | Simple reasons to choose us for being your Hosting Provider!

I would suggest replying to the ticket stating that it's WHM you're having a problem with, not WHMCS. They should then be willing to assist you as it's a server issue. They may have declined to assist at the beginning because you appear to have mistakenly referred to WHM as WHMCS, which are two completely different things.

Hope you get things sorted!

Again, thanks for the swift reply,

Now ill make a ticket as it doesnt look like I can fix this myself, Unless, What would the method be for logging into WHM, as I cant access cpanel, and as soon as i changed the dns, i couldnt even navigate whm, maybe theres some sort of way :/

Otherwise, ill just have to make a ticket and hopefully they wont take 4 days again

Again, thanks for the swift reply,

Now ill make a ticket as it doesnt look like I can fix this myself, Unless, What would the method be for logging into WHM, as I cant access cpanel, and as soon as i changed the dns, i couldnt even navigate whm, maybe theres some sort of way :/

Otherwise, ill just have to make a ticket and hopefully they wont take 4 days again
    Check your emails with the login informations. They should have given you the shared ip address of the server your reseller was hosted.

You can use that ip or their hostname to login.
    like http://1.2.3.4/whm where 1.2.3.4 will be their server ip

I went to the dhruva control panel > hosting accounts > then clicked on it. It shows the Nameservers, and the IP of what I could usually access my site with, and even with that /whm it just takes forever to load and then throws:

The connection to 212.95.43.243 was interrupted.

I was hoping I didnt have to write a new ticket as they are bad support, and take forever, but I guess its looking like I have to.

I went to the dhruva control panel > hosting accounts > then clicked on it. It shows the Nameservers, and the IP of what I could usually access my site with, and even with that /whm it just takes forever to load and then throws:

The connection to 212.95.43.243 was interrupted.

I was hoping I didnt have to write a new ticket as they are bad support, and take forever, but I guess its looking like I have to.
    i can access pretty fast the link http://212.95.43.243:2086/
    If you can not access it then you have probably be banned from one of their firewalls. This is something they MUST help you solve ( they can only unban your ip ).
    Try using a free online proxy to see if you can access that site.
    like hidemyass.com

Well, You have given me some hope, I accessed the site through hidemyass, and indeed it came up as the default page for the website, however, no matter how I try to access it, with the port, with /whm, /cpanel at the end of the IP, I cant access it, Now im making a support ticket now to unban my IP, as i may have triggered the ban by inputing the wrong password, and instead of changing the dns, it had banned me for the wrong password. Thanks, and please report back if you can access cpanel. That would be awesome. Thanks

Well, You have given me some hope, I accessed the site through hidemyass, and indeed it came up as the default page for the website, however, no matter how I try to access it, with the port, with /whm, /cpanel at the end of the IP, I cant access it, Now im making a support ticket now to unban my IP, as i may have triggered the ban by inputing the wrong password, and instead of changing the dns, it had banned me for the wrong password. Thanks, and please report back if you can access cpanel. That would be awesome. Thanks
    I can access both whm and cpanel. It is just that hidemyass does not let you put a port at the end of a hostname/ip.

Your ip is just banned. It will take them 1 minute to get you unbanned ( if they will see the ticket soon )

Youve made my day, Ive been stressing the last 4-5 days over this. Surely they could have looked into it a bit more, but I screwed up by saying WHMCS instead, but even then, because they could access my site, they wouldnt have bothered either way i can guarantee it.

I just made a ticket, and I suppose ill report back when its fixed, just as a little review on how long they take with there support

EDIT: Oh, I forgot, ill be at this site quite a bit now. I love it

Youve made my day, Ive been stressing the last 4-5 days over this. Surely they could have looked into it a bit more, but I screwed up by saying WHMCS instead, but even then, because they could access my site, they wouldnt have bothered either way i can guarantee it.

I just made a ticket, and I suppose ill report back when its fixed, just as a little review on how long they take with there support
    It is okay. Well i hope they will reply as soon as possible so you can access your site again

Just checking in, And they still havent fixed my issue, No response with a support ticket and its been about 1 day, Im still unable to access my website through my IP, however ive been using ghost VPN to somewhat manage my site. I highly do not recommend Dhruva Hosts. I am either going to try and get my money back, Or get an extension on my hosting, so I still get my month out of them, I have wasted almost a week with this host,

Another thing, I cant even access ftp unless im connected to a vpn. Its absolutely ridiculous

Just checking in, And they still havent fixed my issue, No response with a support ticket and its been about 1 day, Im still unable to access my website through my IP, however ive been using ghost VPN to somewhat manage my site. I highly do not recommend Dhruva Hosts. I am either going to try and get my money back, Or get an extension on my hosting, so I still get my month out of them, I have wasted almost a week with this host,

Another thing, I cant even access ftp unless im connected to a vpn. Its absolutely ridiculous
    Have you tried to call?
    Their support is really slow

About the money back you have to submit a request within the days that they guarantee. So if it is to move then i suggest you do it as fast as possible or they might not give you any refund.

Well I couldnt find a phone number, But looking through there TOS, I found this, Which to me, is a positive sign, If they dont fix the server by tomorrow, I will demand a refund.

• Money back Guarantee

On dedicated servers and vps no full refund will be honoured. We reserve the right to refund a prorated amount or no refund at all.

Each of Dhruva Hosting's shared, reseller listed on our site carries a money back guarantee except any custom-made plan. Any custom-made plan is not eligible for a refund. If you are not completely satisfied with our services within the mentioned time period of your signup, you will be given a refund excluding domain registration charges (and/or any transaction and/or setup charges if applicable). The refund policy only applies to your first invoice paid to us, and not on any subsequent invoice. No refund is available on upgrades. Remember, this is only for shared or reseller or VPS packages and does not apply to dedicated servers, administrative fees, installation fees for custom software, or domain name purchases.

Yes but it says that they will provide a refun in the mentioned time period of your signup.

I found on their Knowledge Base this : http://www.dhruvahosting.com/kb.php?...=article&id=11
    They are offering 7days money back guarantee

EDIT: it is really funny that they say they dont give a refund for their vps
    On dedicated servers and vps no full refund will be honoured. We reserve the right to refund a prorated amount or no refund at all.
    But on the other part
    Remember, this is only for shared or reseller or VPS packages and does not apply to dedicated servers, administrative fees, installation fees for custom software, or domain name purchases.

Hahaha good find.

Ok, I just made a ticket stating that I want a refund as I dont want to risk the 7 day period to be over by the time they respond as it has now been 6 days. Very unimpressed.

I am from Dhruva Hosting. The client had told us this in the ticket:

'I was in whmcs and changed the dns in the basic configuration'

So if he made changes in whmcs we cannot provide him with the support for his script. He has to contact the script vendor for help. My support staff wasnt at fault.

Everyone here I am sure will agree to a fact that without the client's cooperation its impossible to troubleshoot any issue. If the client provide us wrong information and expect us to resolve the issue then its not possible. And then publicly posting some other information is really disappointing. Anyways we are resolving the issue. I hope everyone should act responsibly.

Thnaks

Quote Originally Posted by rahuldas14 View Post

So if he made changes in whmcs we cannot provide him with the support for his script. He has to contact the script vendor for help. My support staff wasnt at fault.

Everyone here I am sure will agree to a fact that without the client's cooperation its impossible to troubleshoot any issue. If the client provide us wrong information and expect us to resolve the issue then its not possible. And then publicly posting some other information is really disappointing. Anyways we are resolving the issue. I hope everyone should act responsibly.

Thnaks
    Yes, If it was his fault then you are correct. He had to go to WHMCS.
    But as it seems his ip was banned from your firewalls. And this is something that will need your actions. And he wrote above he already opened a ticket about that.

Ok, Its all fixed, I can access my site from my IP. To be honest I wasnt happy with the way you treated the support, just because I had made a mistake, doesnt mean you have to just leave my ticket open and unanswered, However 5 minutes after I open a refund ticket, I got all my tickets answered. Im glad its fixed now, thanks to those that identified the problem, Especially XBHosting.

I vouch for Dhruva, I asked and they let me start my month as of today for the downtime on my site. Thanks

What about the five days response time?
    Quote Originally Posted by rahuldas14 View Post

Thnaks

Which was ridiculous that as soon as I opened a refund ticket, I got a response in a matter of minutes. I have had a ticket open for 3 hours at the moment, its kind of urgent, so Im hoping they fix it soon.

Morale of this story, have great support (like namecheap) or your site gets a bad name

Which was ridiculous that as soon as I opened a refund ticket, I got a response in a matter of minutes. I have had a ticket open for 3 hours at the moment, its kind of urgent, so Im hoping they fix it soon.

Morale of this story, have great support (like namecheap) or your site gets a bad name
    Despite that you vouch for them. I dont want to be a jerk but i find that ridiculous, that when they gave you a free month all are good.

Well anyway. I hope you will not have any problem with them anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast