Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

100 scripts in Softaculous

Hi,

We've got amazing news, ANOTHER 25 SCRIPTS added to Softaculous.
    This takes the total number of Scripts installed by us to a whopping 100. I think we are the only auto installer who has so many amazing SCRIPTS.
    The list of amazing scripts added are as follows:
    1) Serendipity
    2) Magento
    3) BlackNova Traders
    4) Shadows Rising
    5) Word Search Puzzle
    6) Multi Player Checkers
    7) FAQMasterFlex
    8) phpLD
    9) Pligg
    10) Open-Realty
    11) Moodle
    12) WeBid
    13) KPlaylist
    14) Podcast Generator
    15) Impleo
    16) MODx
    17) Website Baker
    18) sNews
    19) Open Blog
    20) eggBlog
    21) phpAlbum
    22) Shutter
    23) Claroline
    24) PHPfileNavigator
    25) UseBB

Softaculous is a FREE Auto Installer.

Softaculous is different from its competitors in the following ways:
    1)We look much better: http://demo.softaculous.com/enduser/
    2)We have a standard and better API to add softwares
    3)We are actively developing and adding new softwares
    4)We install in just One Step. Please try it at the Demo.
    5)Softaculous has DEMOS
    6)Softaculous has RATINGS : http://www.softaculous.com/softwares/
    7)Softaculous has REVIEWS systems
    8)AND we are FREE!

So we encourage you to please install SOFTACULOUS and make many scripts available to your users.

We hope you enjoy these amazing Software.

Regards,
    The Softaculous Team
    Webuzo - Multi user control panel supporting Apache, NGinx, MySQL, MariaDB, Percona, LiteSpeed, Varnish, WordPress, etc.
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 200+ OS Templates
    Softaculous - Auto Installer with 400+ scripts for Webuzo, cPanel, DirectAdmin, InterWorx, Plesk, etc.

You are doing a great job here man, I am certain you will shortly gain huge popularity.
    I will soon install your soft on my vps to see how it goes.
    Congrats and keep up the efforts.

Keep up the Good Work
    █ Host4Cheap - Hosting at affordable Prices
    █ WebHosting & Reseller Solutions
    All Shared / Reseller Accounts Now with PHP 4 / 5 Together!

I have just finished the installation.
    Had an issue with ioncube not loading in cPanel (worked fine in WHM out of the box) so I had to rebuild php, probably a good thing if you could find a way around that.
    I have a wordpress blog running that wasn't installed using softaculous, is there any way I can now manage it form softaculous (update it mainly) using sth like an import function?

We are working on an Import Function for Softaculous.
    But its planned for version 2.0

Before that we will be launching importers/converters for Fantastico and Installatron
    Webuzo - Multi user control panel supporting Apache, NGinx, MySQL, MariaDB, Percona, LiteSpeed, Varnish, WordPress, etc.
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 200+ OS Templates
    Softaculous - Auto Installer with 400+ scripts for Webuzo, cPanel, DirectAdmin, InterWorx, Plesk, etc.

OK, I understand that you need to prioritize things.
    I will be waiting for it.
    Good luck then!

Today I have tried to install prestashop, phplist... and each time I got the same error message:
    "The INFO.XML file could not be found! Please report this to the Server Admin."
    It is not a general problem as there are scripts that don't give that error.
    And NO, I don't think there is a speed issue on my VPS as I have read on your forum, I run a proxy on it and it's been very fast.
    I think it is a bug or something.
    Plz let me know what I have to do...

Sir, during installation softaculous uses an iframe to download softwares. It gives a message at the BOTTOM saying that:
    'Completed updating the files. Go back to Softwares'

If you close or navigate to a window before that some softwares will be left out.

Now you can revisit the Softwares page/tab in WHM and click 'Update Settings'. In the same way softaculous starts checking for files and will redownload new/missing scripts. After its completed it will again give the message - 'Completed updating the files. Go back to Softwares'

Moreover CRON is inbuilt into SOftaculous which will update and download scripts if not found.
    This CRON runs every 24 hrs and it will have downloaded the scripts!

Regards,
    Alons
    Last edited by alons; 07-07-2009 at 06:10 AM. Reason: spelling error

You mean WHM >> Plugins >> Softaculous >> Softwares >> "update settings"
    I think it did not complete loading all softs at install, so now I have done that manually and it seems to be working fine, thx.
    However, it looks like the cron didn't run during the last 48h as I didn't change the default settings for it and had it installed for 48h without the scripts updating.

Your scripts looks promising, but I believe you need to start to make this one as commercial installer like fantastico and instaltatron. But make it cheaper. Maybe $12-$15 per server per year flat for new or renew order without skyrocketing the first year fee like the others.

I believe this will boost your popularity since alot of commercial hosting companies more confident to use paid script instead of the free one.

Sir there are mixed reactions on this
    Let the users decide how Softaculous Should be
    At the moment we are happy being free and it has helped us capture a good market share

Sustainable quality (including security, support...) requires sustainable ressources.
    My advice is to try and monetize this very nice software either by a standard straightforward licensing system or via alternative means like advertising.

We will be launching Ads on Softaculous.com (NOT in softaculous)
    At the moment the concentration is on IMPROVISING and INNOVATING within Softaculous
    Also we released version 1.7 and now Softaculous can be used for Direct Admin as well making softaculous a Multi Control Panel Script Installer
    Last edited by alons; 07-10-2009 at 05:12 PM.

Has anyone installed this on DirectAdmin with Installatron already installed?
    Just curious.

No our data shows not yet !
    We just launched it on the 10th of July late evening
    But we have done vigorous testing and then released it for Direct Admin
    Also Installatron is not affected in anyways

I installed it on a DA server along side of Installatron.
    All went well during the install.
    I installed a few packages and they installed perfectly.
    Installatron was not effected.

Note: Installation instructions need to be rewritten as they are incorrect for a standard DirectAdmin installation. It was obvious so I had no problem correcting the paths and filenames.

Thanks for notifying we have updates the DOCS.

Regards,
    Alons

Yes the install paths ar correct now.
    When I wget install_softaculous.php
    It actually saved as addon_softaculous.php
    So I had to switch filenames as well.

Thanks

I have updated that and it should be fine now

The following were updated:

1) Wordpress -> 2.8.1
    2) MediaWiki -> 1.15.0
    3) Coppermine -> 1.4.25

They will be updated via CRON.
    All are capable of Upgrading previous installations.

Certain Installations were fixed as well:
    1) PixelPost
    2) PHPCollab
    3) NetOffice
    4) PHProjekt
    5) dotProject

Regards,
    The Softaculous Team

Thanks man for all your efforts
    Keep up the great work!

Now we are working on a converter for fantastico.
    Should be released soon

Quite the effort going into this project. Seriously, I recommend you at least begin charging something for it for it to be taken more seriously by providers. In your case, I can guarantee by charging say something like 15$ per year or something, and you would probably actual see your usage increase. I think by charging a little something, your project would be more respected.

Best of luck and thank you for the effort. Anything to put Fantastico out of the market.

I would really like to thank all for showing your love/respect for Softaculous and the developers of softaculous i.e. Me and the Team.
    We are making a survey of how would people really like to see Softaculous and we will come out for sure with a solution. People want to see us free and some want it to be paid so that we can get more reliable and trustworthy.
    Whatever be it we are here first to deliver a GREAT Product and our main focus is to just keep developing so that we can get Software/Script Vendors, users and the Webhosts all into one basket i.e. we hope to be Softaculous.
    Softaculous will try and WOO everyone people who want reliability by us going paid and PEOPLE who want it free.
    We will satisfy everyone.

Regards,
    Alons

Hi,

The Softaculous Team has updated the following softwares to their respective newer versions:
    1) MediaWiki - 1.15.1
    2) phpBB - 3.0.5
    3) MyBB - 1.4.8
    4) Phorum - 5.2.11
    5) PunBB - 1.3.4

Scripts will be Automatically Updated by the CRON Job.

Regards,
    The Softaculous Team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast