My downtownhost server is down for 24 hours and counting

It's becoming a norm...I'm thinking of moving.

It's not 24 hours yet, nor it's a norm, this server never was down for 24 hours or near of that before either, why do you write here when we added an announcement yesterday about it and if you opened a ticket it was answered already? yes, maybe it's time to move.
    Last edited by Jedito; 06-21-2014 at 05:57 PM.

My apologies. I haven't seen the announcement. Could you provide a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    It's not 24 hours yet, nor it's a norm, this server never was down for 24 hours or near of that before either, why do you write here when we added an announcement yesterday about it and if you opened a ticket it was answered already? yes, maybe it's time to move.
    No, you weren't addressing me, but I am offended that this is how you respond to customers.

You don't need to be so rude. You are the one causing your customers inconvenience- not the other way around.

Downtime on various servers is becoming more common with your company. So while I agree that it is not a particular server- it can be verified that 2014 seems to have brought on some downtime issues that did not exist before.

It wouldn't be so bad if you all had better communication about it. Your announcements are not prominent, and your downtime situation today JUNE 30th has not really kept customers in the loop.

Good day.

We can conclude that downtown doesn't have a good customer support and uptime. Its time to move smith. Try having some other hosting network.

We can definitely conclude that downtown host doesn't have a good system in place for both servers and customer service. The Downtownhost server has been down for about 3 days now.

It also looks like they overload their servers. Even after the "server is up" my site is still down. They emailed me at 4 am and said everything is fine and my site should be up. I emailed them back saying my site is still down - I get an email back saying they are still restoring and it will be a couple of hours.

On their own page they wrote that the server needs to be rebuilt and they will update every 2 hours. THERE WAS NOT A SINGLE UPDATE!

Downtownhost is a joke. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stay away from them. They may have good pricing but whatever you save, you will lose when your site goes down for days - or when your email is blacklisted since they overload their servers with sketchy websites.

Just stay away from Downtownhost. I wish someone had told me.

I understand that hardware failures happen but why has there also been a communication failure combined with lies about "everything should be fine now" or "just a few more hours"???

Quote Originally Posted by cptbadger View Post
    We can definitely conclude that downtown host doesn't have a good system in place for both servers and customer service. The Downtownhost server has been down for about 3 days now.

It also looks like they overload their servers. Even after the "server is up" my site is still down. They emailed me at 4 am and said everything is fine and my site should be up. I emailed them back saying my site is still down - I get an email back saying they are still restoring and it will be a couple of hours.

On their own page they wrote that the server needs to be rebuilt and they will update every 2 hours. THERE WAS NOT A SINGLE UPDATE!

Downtownhost is a joke. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stay away from them. They may have good pricing but whatever you save, you will lose when your site goes down for days - or when your email is blacklisted since they overload their servers with sketchy websites.

I understand that hardware failures happen but why has there also been a communication failure combined with lies about "everything should be fine now" or "just a few more hours"???
    Thanks for letting us know, at one time they where very good, maybe someone from that company will respond,

Hello

I understand your angry but there are some misconceptions there

1- We do not overload the servers, we may have some customers that do not update their softwares and they sites get compromised and spam is sent through it, but it's not an overload problem, indeed, using 24 cores server, none of them have a load over 3-4

2- Indeed it were not updates because the last update were saying that most of them were restored and that customers had to contact us if your site was not working

3- When the tech tells you that "everything should be fine", is because he think that's like that, not because he is deliberately lying.

You mean the last update that you JUST posted? Ha! You missed about 12 updates between your first post and your most recent. Maybe you and I have a different understanding of "every 2 hours".

I don't care if it's deliberate or not, but your tech shouldn't say "everything is fine". He can just check my site and know everything is not fine!

What a joke.

PLEASE stay away from downtownhost. Companies like this don't deserve our business, time, or money.

You mean the last update that you JUST posted? Ha! You missed about 12 updates between your first post and your most recent. Maybe you and I have a different understanding of "every 2 hours".

I don't care if it's deliberate or not, but your tech shouldn't say "everything is fine". He can just check my site and know everything is not fine!

What a joke.

PLEASE stay away from downtownhost. Companies like this don't deserve our business, time, or money.
    Actually I didn't writed the update, did it a tech this morning or yesterday at night, not sure of when it was.
    Actually I do agree with you that the tech should check before to say "everything is fine".

Just shows that you don't know what's happening at your own company - especially at a time when you're having such trouble with your hardware.

Btw, my site is STILL down.

3 days and counting. I didn't even know something like this was possible in this day and age.

i am so disappointed to downtownhost

Why Downtownhost close my resource Usage Overview function?

Hi,

I am wondering why your guys close my Resource Usage Overview function in the Cpanel?

Because your team can't solve my host problem?

Quote Originally Posted by wonderling66 View Post
    Why Downtownhost close my resource Usage Overview function?

Hi,

I am wondering why your guys close my Resource Usage Overview function in the Cpanel?

Because your team can't solve my host problem?
    What's your ticket ID?