Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Going crazy, I cannot make up my mind whether I should keep the Surface Pro or Lenovo Yoga 3.

I love the lenovo yoga 3 but it sucks as a tablet! The Surface Pro on the other hand is great as a tablet, obviously, but also works as a laptop.

Someone please help me.... what would you prefer? I will be using it more as a laptop... but still wanted to also have a nice tablet.

It is the worst to be indecisive!!!!

PS: I NEVER use my laptop in my lap... it's always on a solid flat surface... so maybe the Surface Pro would have been better choice, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Going crazy, I cannot make up my mind whether I should keep the Surface Pro or Lenovo Yoga 3.

I love the lenovo yoga 3 but it sucks as a tablet! The Surface Pro on the other hand is great as a tablet, obviously, but also works as a laptop.

Someone please help me.... what would you prefer? I will be using it more as a laptop... but still wanted to also have a nice tablet.

It is the worst to be indecisive!!!!

PS: I NEVER use my laptop in my lap... it's always on a solid flat surface... so maybe the Surface Pro would have been better choice, I don't know.
    But a desktop.

That is about useful as what anyone could "recommend" to you at this point.

No one can help you with this decision, really.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

looks like I've made the decision to keep the Lenovo Yoga 3 because I really enjoy using it as a laptop... the Surface pro on the other hand I don't (screen too small!!) and since I'm going to be using it primarily as a laptop... nuff said.

This is a bummer because I really wanted a tablet also. If the Surface Pro was same size screen as the Lenovo then I would have preferred the Surface Pro!...

I'm sure later this year they'll come out with exactly what I wanted but it'll be too late since I already bought this one.... story of my life

I carry my 17" around almost every day.

It really depends on your preference

I carry MBP Retina 15" for over 2 years, never felt that I've made wrong decision because I took 15" model instead of 13" model. For almost same price I got better performances, and that matters!
    + size of 15" MBP is totally acceptable.

You've made good decision with Lenovo Yoga 3, if you prefer Windows OS.

Quote Originally Posted by NetWatcher View Post
    I carry MBP Retina 15" for over 2 years, never felt that I've made wrong decision because I took 15" model instead of 13" model. For almost same price I got better performances, and that matters!
    + size of 15" MBP is totally acceptable.

You've made good decision with Lenovo Yoga 3, if you prefer Windows OS.
    I ended up returning the lenovo yoga pro 3 it was TERRIBLE beyond terrible!!!

The rubber material they used on the entire inside of the device attracted dust/dirt like CRAZY!! It would stick on it like glue and was impossible to clean. Stuck in the crevices stuck everywhere it was awful. I am a clean freak. It was not a good match so we parted ways =)

I own a pet bird who lives on my shoulder and is very dusty and the lenovo was a nightmare. It's insane how much dirt/dust was stuck in the CREVICES around the track pad etc... around the entire keyboard it looked like crap and could not clean it out! Really gross... terribly designed. Never had this problem before.

I ended up ordering something else that was made with higher quality materials than cheap/sticky rubber!
    Last edited by Frosty; 12-01-2014 at 11:50 AM.

Ouch

Well, then take MacBook Pro Retina 13" or 15" or even Air (if you prefer ultra portable device).
    You won't get better "high quality feel" on any other laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by NetWatcher View Post
    Ouch

Well, then take MacBook Pro Retina 13" or 15" or even Air (if you prefer ultra portable device).
    You won't get better "high quality feel" on any other laptop.
    I wanted win 8, so mac was out. I wanted to get the samsung ativa ultrabook but it was a fingerprint magnet... so was the acer aspire s7. So I bought this tohisba kirabook instead, will receive it this week

http://www.toshiba.com/us/computers/...ok13-i7s-touch

It's a sexy looking ultrabook and was on sale until tomorrow. Call me conceded, but I ended up getting it due to its looks and the fact that it won't show fingerprints which is a HUGE pet peeve.

Personally I don't like ultrabooks - usually a rather bad battery life, bad cooling system, bad power -> throttling all the way - unless they are super expensive. And even when they are super expensive: you can't get a good cooling system with a good processor in that small thing. It feels like needlessly expensive for me. And if a strange thing happens and the manufacturer includes a good processor: have fun with hearing the fan all the time (if there's one lol) or feeling like the hardware is going to melt in your hands and die some months later.

The weight of yours might be good enough, and fortunately it's not too thin. There's a chance that you purchased a great ultrabook. But why do you even want an ultrabook? Ultrabooks don't have optical drives and usually it's hard to change the hardware. So what is the advantage over a Surface Pro 3? The display is only slightly bigger - therefore the SP3 is way cheaper. I wouldn't keep both. If it's about only one USB slot: There are USB hubs with a power supply.

Still, if you have the money to spend, the one you bought doesn't look like a bad choice, it looks rather pretty good.

I just got the acer aspire s7 ultrabook and LOVE it. It is the perfect device for traveling and also working at home the battery life is also excellent and weighs only 2.7 pounds. It is awesome and the cover doesn't even show fingerprints like I was worried it would.

I was not impressed with the surface pro. It was ridiculosly thick/heavy/bulky to be a tablet and was even worse as a laptop. I returned it and got my money back.

I just got the acer aspire s7 ultrabook and LOVE it. It is the perfect device for traveling and also working at home the battery life is also excellent and weighs only 2.7 pounds. It is awesome and the cover doesn't even show fingerprints like I was worried it would.

I was not impressed with the surface pro. It was ridiculosly thick/heavy/bulky to be a tablet and was even worse as a laptop. I returned it and got my money back.
    You should bow your head and live with worse and cheap hardware like the rest of us. It's not fair you're so lucky. I hope your turbo mode sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Larina View Post
    You should bow your head and live with worse and cheap hardware like the rest of us. It's not fair you're so lucky. I hope your turbo mode sucks!
    I wish I was lucky, now I'm on food stamps and moving under a bridge near you. You will see me on the streets as you drive by. I'll be the homeless girl holding my shiny new ultrabook with "will work for food" sign.

ultraboks are indeed bloody expensive! Sure the prices will go down soon... it's too new right now, but I urgently needed it.

I wish I was lucky, now I'm on food stamps and moving under a bridge near you. You will see me on the streets as you drive by. I'll be the homeless girl holding my shiny new ultrabook with "will work for food" sign.

ultraboks are indeed bloody expensive! Sure the prices will go down soon... it's too new right now, but I urgently needed it.
    The cheap ultrabook is now a chromebook. got to have that net connection to work for much then! The chromebooks are interesting, but not for everyone at all.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234