I see that the forum has the protected by Gige's proxysheild yet all the dns appears to go right to Rackspace. To take advantage of Gige's proxyshield wouldn't the traffic have to first go to a Gige ip, that's how the ProxyShield service is described.
    *scratches head*

I don't think that service is turned on 24/7
    if it is its probably gonna slow down the website.
    I think its turned on only durning DDoS attacks.

Makes sense.

I don't think that service is turned on 24/7
    if it is its probably gonna slow down the website.
    I think its turned on only durning DDoS attacks.
    That's correct!
    I've actually written a script to change our DNS to the ProxyShield servers and to shun all traffic to the direct Rackspace IPs with just a text message from my phone
    ProxyShield mitigates attacks very well but any solution can block legitimate traffic and so we've found it best to be reactive.

That's correct!
    I've actually written a script to change our DNS to the ProxyShield servers and to shun all traffic to the direct Rackspace IPs with just a text message from my phone
    ProxyShield mitigates attacks very well but any solution can block legitimate traffic and so we've found it best to be reactive.
    Nice work!

I would imagine that with iNet's budget and what ProxyShield costs they could easily purchase the same protection via Rackspace.
    I see the whole thing as more of a promotional agreement between the companies but clearly just my two cents.

cool. post it; let's have a a look at that text message.

I would imagine that with iNet's budget and what ProxyShield costs they could easily purchase the same protection via Rackspace.
    I see the whole thing as more of a promotional agreement between the companies but clearly just my two cents.
    Actually your quite wrong, infact Rackspace sends us customers that they are unable to protect. Why do you make it a habit of trolling threads that have nothing to do with you?
    Your obviously sour because we do not want to do business with you. Get over it and move on.

The amount of DDoS WHT experience is beyond what RackSpace
    could filter so WHT decided to outsource it to a company
    that specialize in DDoS Mitigation. Aka Foonet

Actually your quite wrong, infact Rackspace sends us customers that they are unable to protect. Why do you make it a habit of trolling threads that have nothing to do with you?
    Your obviously sour because we do not want to do business with you. Get over it and move on.
    Regardless if it has anything to do with him or not, this is a discussion board, and he clearly has the right to post. Why don't you just accept healthy competition?

The original question has been answered, and the conversation is moving off that topic. Consider this thread closed.