Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    http://locator.thevision2020.com
    I cannot believe the level of information they give you on that site!!
    I pulled up names and addresses of people IN MY TOWN!!
    I know they have done wrong but isnt this a little too intrusive?? (Maps right to thier house)
    If you were one of them you would have to worry if someone might hurt you for your mistakes...

Hahah this is hilarious, almost everyone's picture you look at has that "I knew it" feel.
    Intrusive: Nope.
    They are required by law to notify their neighbors, and register with the state. Thats the price they pay for being child molesters. If you are concerned about your privacy, don't go groping 14 year olds.

What the heck:
    http://locator.thevision2020.com/OffenderPhoto%5Ccalifornia%5C1869408318337.jpg
    HA HA.
    Very informative website.

If you are concerned about your privacy, don't go groping 14 year olds.
    Absolutely
    owm

I don't understand things like this, there are just as many paedophiles that haven't been caught as have been caught, you should always be looking out for your children as if every person is a paedophile, what gets me is this is bound to cause vigilantism.

This will lead to Boondock Saints'esque vigilantism without a doubt. Although. CSD does have a point though.

They are required by law to notify their neighbors, and register with the state. Thats the price they pay for being child molesters. If you are concerned about your privacy, don't go groping 14 year olds.
    You know you can be put on the sex offenders register for nothing? There was a news story about a guy who got really drunk and flashed his nob at some kids and got branded as a paedophile and it's ruined his life. Also, why do people not see being a paedophile as normal? We all have things that we like; you might like women doing handstands or eating trifle, they like younger children. It should only ever be an issue if they act upon their instincts.

http://locator.thevision2020.com
    I cannot believe the level of information they give you on that site!!
    I pulled up names and addresses of people IN MY TOWN!!
    I know they have done wrong but isnt this a little too intrusive?? (Maps right to thier house)
    If you were one of them you would have to worry if someone might hurt you for your mistakes...

I think it is a bit intrusive because there are many people lumped in as sex offenders who didn't necessarily commit a sexual crime. Urinating on the sidewalk in some states or even mooning (in New York) can and have landed people on the sex offender list. There are also children that have become sex offenders, for example a teenage girl who took a picture of herself naked to send to her boyfriend when she was 16 was convicted as a sex offender.
    see this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbz5FHlanbY
    Also many of them been hunted down and killed by vigilante type members. While I think pedophiles and rapists should be locked up permanently, we need to identify the difference between a sex offender and someone who is not a threat to society.
    Sex offender status means you cannot go to public places like malls, movie theatres, disney land, cannot live within 1000 feet of a school, cannot be in contact with any kids, the kids that were charged as sex offenders cannot even go to school anymore or hang out with their own friends. One of the kids who was 17 was removed from his home because he had a younger sister but he dated a girl who lied about her age who was 15 instead of 16.

atomise Guest
    definitely important to any offenders to be.
    thought they could do it in a more glam way

I don't understand things like this, there are just as many paedophiles that haven't been caught as have been caught, you should always be looking out for your children as if every person is a paedophile, what gets me is this is bound to cause vigilantism.
    Does that mean I'm a pedophile?

Does that mean I'm a pedophile?
    I don't know, are you?

He should attach a pic here.

Serves them right, I wish we had that in Australia.
    Then I would go for a little drive....

I want this for my town!

I would hate for something like this to be released for the UK.
    My family knows someone, lived 3 doors down from us, that was reported as a pedophile, the local newspaper splashed his picture across the front page and vigilantism took over the village, wherever he went he was physically and verbally assaulted, His house was broken into 8 or 9 times in 4 years, torched 3 times.
    Sacked from his job as a school caretaker, found it hard to get a job since, even though he was not placed on the Sex Offenders Register.
    In the end he had to move away from the village to escape the torment.
    Was he a pedophile? NO. When he was 21 he slept with a 16 year old girl, 16 is legal in the UK. The girls parents didn't like him so they FORCED her go and report him for being a pedophile.
    His life has been ruined because of it. So again I would HATE this to come to the UK as it will give rise to more vigilantism.
    Paul

Was he a pedophile? NO. When he was 21 he slept with a 16 year old girl, 16 is legal in the UK. The girls parents didn't like him so they FORCED her go and report him for being a pedophile.
    What happened to law and order?
    In Australia its and offence to make false and/or misleading statements. We don't have an active court system in my state but even our under resourced police force would step in.
    I think part of the storey has been omitted somewhere.

I think the girl was arrested, as well as the mom, for wasting police time. Nothing came of it and they went back to their daily life.
    The guy that had to deal with the years of abuse? Last I heard he was living in Glasgow thinking about suing the police, paper and the girls parents for loss of earnings amongst other things.
    The people that took the law into their own hands? nothing, there was "no evidence".
    Paul

Oh well that's interesting. I ran the search just for kicks and someone I went to High School with popped up.

;5407999']I would hate for something like this to be released for the UK.
    My family knows someone, lived 3 doors down from us, that was reported as a pedophile, the local newspaper splashed his picture across the front page and vigilantism took over the village, wherever he went he was physically and verbally assaulted, His house was broken into 8 or 9 times in 4 years, torched 3 times.
    Sacked from his job as a school caretaker, found it hard to get a job since, even though he was not placed on the Sex Offenders Register.
    In the end he had to move away from the village to escape the torment.
    His life has been ruined because of it. So again I would HATE this to come to the UK as it will give rise to more vigilantism.
    Paul
    Well in this case he wouldnt be on the register so not listed on the site.
    I would love this in the UK, if they are sex offenders leaving near me and my kids i have a right to know about it.

I actually found one of my doctors on the sex offenders registry. I'm beyond angry that he's still allowed to practice medicine, based on the type of offense, and that I was never informed. To make matters worse, I was referred to him by our family doctor.
    Let that be a warning to EVERYONE. You should always do a background check on anyone you or or family comes in contact with on that level.
    GRRRRRR!
    --Tina

Well in this case he wouldnt be on the register so not listed on the site.
    I would love this in the UK, if they are sex offenders leaving near me and my kids i have a right to know about it.Your point? Not everyone on the register has been convicted of serious sexual crimes.
    As an example, from January if you are 2 legal consenting adults that like a bit of kinky sex and you partake in a bit of spanking or BDSM, IN THE PRIVACY OF YOUR OWN HOME, then you are ok, you decide to film/take pictures of that then your a criminal.
    You could be arrested, and sentenced to upto 5 YEARS per offense, each image is a separate offense. When you come out of prison then you WILL be required to sign the Register for a MINIMUM of 20 years.
    So I will say again, I would HATE for this to come to the UK as vigilantism will run riot.
    Paul

Let's be careful. In some places walking around with your shirt off is a sexual offense. It gets rediculous. I know people who are branded by the courts as sex offenders when there was "no proof" of it. These days a girl can merely claim something and it ruin you. It's the big thing in law these days to go after sex offenders.... regardless if the person really is or not or whether theres evidence or not. It's just good for them and their prosecuter to claim they busted X number of sex offenders.
    I know one guy who was at a friend's house (who's wife didnt like him but kids did). He thought everyone was gone, steps out of restroom with a towel on... the friend's wife and kids were walking in the front door... kids run up and hug his legs, towel falls off because of it. He spent several years in prison.
    Does it make sense to the prosecuter that he would take off the towel to kids right in front of the mother who clearly hates him??? I'm all for hanging "true predators", but the law is out to get "anyone" for any minor incident just to get another "bust" for publicity. It's really going overboard these days. It's to the point almost that if you even look down at a little girl you are a predator.

I don't know about you guys but this website
    sounds pretty good.
    http://www.shitsenders.com/

Guys, lets calm down on the witch hunt here, not every sex offender is a pedophile or rapist, look at the laws that can land you on sex offender lists that have nothing to do with sex.

One of the more ugly (alleged) sex offenders is named Brian Peppers.
    http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/peppers.asp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast