Cube Panel and Virtuozzo

I'm currently testing a Windows VPS that is supported by Virtuozzo. The VPS doesn't come with a control panel so to make my life easier I thought I would install Cube Panel Lite to help me control the server.

Unfortnuately each time I try and install it it locks up the server and the installation fails. Has anyone here managed to get Cube Panel running on a Virtuozzo configured VPS or have any ideas why it would be failing so badly?

Cheers for any help you guys can give me.

Do you get any errors during the failure, are all required windows components installed?

Hey Stephen!

Unfortunately not. I have tried installing it four times now, three times it has just killed the server some time after it installed Python, I think anyway as no error was raised. And once it raised an error installing BIND and uninstalled everything. It's a bit of a pain really as I quite like the look of Cube Panel and it's a lot cheaper than the alternatives.

Cube Panel on Windows VPS

Hi Padwah, did you try launching the installer after everything got uninstalled?

We had similar difficulties when installing cubePanel on a Windows box (I can tell that installs beautifully on Linux!!). First, we had a failed installation and some of the components installed by cube were left in the system and therefore conflicting with a later installation (because they already existed the installer would automatically abort itself... If you still have access to the cube Panel installation directory you will find an executable un_process.exe that will uninstall everything. You can try executing it and launching the installer again.

Unfortunately it happens on a fresh install of the server when no other components have been installed.