Well im just starting out with webhosting and want to get into it to put some money in my wallet. Where is the best place to start?

Purchase a reseller account, and work! work! work! Its not easy money.

Where should i get the reseller account from? And also do i have to advertise it or is it already advertised by buying the reseller account like is it in the package?

jasper_ Guest
    You just started advertisting by making this post Now add a nice looking signature under your posts, add your website, make sure everything's tight and then......... nothing, probably!
    The market is way over-saturated and dominated by big boys owning a gazillion of servers and offering the world for a dime.
    You must find a niche in the hosting world, or else it will be one big epic fail.

So your saying i should find a niche? Because if i just offer run of the mill webhosting I will get owned? Name a few niches because I really do not know any hosting niches.

Where should i get the reseller account from? And also do i have to advertise it or is it already advertised by buying the reseller account like is it in the package?
    Look in the offers section for great reseller deals. You can advertise your services on wht like amygdela said.

So just a fancy little thing as a signature on this forum is engonth to get customers? I thought this forum was all people who offer webhosting services and talk about it?

jasper_ Guest
    dude, wake up and smell the coffee.
    If unfilled niches are available, i won't share them with you.
    you won't gain much clients by JUST adding a signature under your posts, but it will help to get your name out
    you won't be rich or even make a decent amount of money by offering JUST hosting. you need value added services like [fill in brilliant idea here].

Lol, you do have a point amy this is money. If you have a good idea do not share it becasue everyone will catch on and as soon as you know it its not so good anymore. I was thinking of doing forum hosting but im not sure if anyone would use it since their are so many free forum sites.

Web Hosting is not an easy business. Don't expect to make any profit the first year. You will need to work hard and advertise as much as you can!
    - Daniel

Don't ever enter web hosting with the intent on making money, enter it with the intention of doing what you love. You'll become furious with customers, providers and multiple other things, unless you're really passionate about it you'll struggle to go on. You'll need a good head for business as well, hosting is such a saturated market, it's not a quick and easy money maker.

jasper_ Guest
    Lol, you do have a point amy this is money. If you have a good idea do not share it becasue everyone will catch on and as soon as you know it its not so good anymore. I was thinking of doing forum hosting but im not sure if anyone would use it since their are so many free forum sites.
    Free forums usually just don't cut it. There are ads or limited functionality. if you offer a full-service, all types of forum hosting with pre-installed scripts, themes you name it... you might get some game, but i'm not sure since i don't know about competition in that field.

Web Hosting is not an easy business. Don't expect to make any profit the first year. You will need to work hard and advertise as much as you can!
    - Daniel
    You're 100% correct, took us over 2 years to start making a profit. Lots of hard work and funds invested. If you play your cards right it will pay off in the long run.

You're 100% correct, took us over 2 years to start making a profit. Lots of hard work and funds invested. If you play your cards right it will pay off in the long run.
    Pretty standard with any business you do not expect to make a profit in your first year. Any money made is better spent investing back into the business with advertising, infrastructure ect. ect. Unless of course it's a company who plans on selling after a year.

jasper_ Guest
    didn't you ever feel like giving up? Did you change your strategy overtimes or did you stand by your principles?
    Pretty standard with any business you do not expect to make a profit in your first year.
    I absolutely don't want to brag in any way, but I made € 11k in the first 6 months of operating my web design business, with very little investment, financially spoken. it can be done! I was VERY lucky to find the right people who provided my with enough work and appreciation, but i assume not everybody has this fortune and so i'm thankful for that!

I HIGHLY do not recommend getting into this business on the intent of making money, especially if you are here asking for advice on how to get started. The hosting market is a highly oversaturated market. You have to do heavy advertising to get your name out. You also need to be able to provide timely support to your customers.
    If you are serious about web hosting, get a reseller account and play around with it until you are accustomed to it. Spend some time reading the forums here to get some insight into the business. Then prepare a business plan before launching your business.

As others have said, just realize that you're likely to be losing money at least for the first few months if not years. Whether or not you break out of that initial rut depends on what you have to offer which is something that you'll have to figure out. Best of luck!

As a contrast, I'm looking to start doing hosting (as a business, I've been doing it for free for a select group of people) and I fully expect to lose a few thousand or more over the first two years before it starts to bring any money in.
    You have to sow before you can harvest, that's true with just about every business.

;5368455']
    You have to sow before you can harvest, that's true with just about every business.
    And life in general.