Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Donhost outage

Donhost server 56 failure

1st status update said server 56 would be restored "in the evening" of Sunday 10th

2nd status message said server 56 would be fully restored by mid day on Monday 11th

3rd status message (at 9:16am today) now says "We are working to restore the websites as quickly as possible."

Will this server be down for four days like the previous server 50 failure?

Confidence level at zero and sinking fast.

From Donhost:

Server 56 issue

Created: 10 March 2013, 11:45
    Last Updated: 11 March 2013, 09:16

Due to a full system failure on Server 56, our administrators have been unable to recover the server to deliver websites and associated services.

Our system administrators have rebuilt another machine and are currently restoring all sites from our fail safe backups.

Mail is back online and flowing to customers' mailboxes and no undelivered mail has been lost

Website and database files are being copied across from backup and sites will come back online when the data copy completes.

We are working to restore the websites as quickly as possible.

We wish to apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue and wish to reassure Customers that every effort has been made to resume service on this server as quickly as possible.

I have just been told that this server won't be back up before mid afternoon today, and so it goes on. That will take it to something around 30 hours down time!

Statement on the Donhost support status page at 14:51pm says "all mail services have resumed".

NO THEY HAVE NOT.

My client still has no email service as from Sunday morning, something around 26 hours now . . . . and still it goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrance View Post
    Got put through to head of shared server support and suggested that Donhost not trouble me with a bill this month . . . . . . and while I was on the 'phone I received their invoice!
    I'm thinking of ringing them up/submitting a support question to argue for a month's free hosting whilst I extract myself from the mess that's entirely of their own making - anyone else out there arguing for the same?

I'm already anticipating that their response (late no doubt) will be a complete brush-off and denial things are that bad.

Place your bets...

P.S. Some clients are stating that their websites hosted on server 56 are back but completely blank. I had a site from the last server failure that when they restored it just showed an email address on a blank page - anyone else had that?
    Last edited by Xmac; 03-11-2013 at 01:55 PM. Reason: adding content

You are not going to believe this . . . .

Donhost server 62 went down around 1300hrs today!

Anybody got sites on this server?

I have one client site (here we go again) and one site in development (not a problem, I can do this anywhere).

How long this time?

Server 62 down

62 down, screaming clients on phone already

Donhost server 62 down

from the support page:

Server 62 Connectivity issues

Created: 12 March 2013, 13:17
    Last Updated: 12 March 2013, 13:18

Some customers on Server 62 may be experiencing connectivity issues to their websites and email.

Our engineers are currently investigating and should have this resolved shortly.

We wish to thank you for your patience.

All back up now, but talk about make you edgy

"Edgy", you can say that again!

So far the Donhost fiasco has put 2 clients / 4 sites (two of them online shops) in jeopardy for me plus a whole heap of time wasting grief that is having knock on effects in terms of delivery of two sites under development with pretty uneasy conversations as a result.

This has for sure been an eye opener for me as to how easily it can all unravel if server uptime turns into server down time. Time for me to address what appears to be reliability issues and get some of my eggs out of the (currently) one basket.

Another Donhost server is down

Donhost server 63 has now gone to the great data centre in the sky . . . .

Server 63 Connectivity Issues

Created: 13 March 2013, 18:10
    Last Updated: 14 March 2013, 08:26

UPDATE :: Some Customers may still experience intermittent visibility issues to their sites. Our system engineers are continuing to look into this.

We apologise for any inconvenience this is causing at this time.

Some Customers on Server 63 may currently experience connectivity and visibility issues to their Websites and Data Bases.

Our system engineers are aware of this and are working to resolve this as quickly as possible.

We wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused at this time.

Donhost server 63 is still down . . . . . . that's about 18 hours now . . . . .

Anybody still with Donhost?

Last Updated: 14 March 2013, 10:46

UPDATE :: Some Customers may still experience intermittent visibility issues to their sites. Our system engineers are continuing to look into this.

We apologise for any inconvenience this is causing at this time..

Some Customers on Server 63 may currently experience connectivity and visibility issues to their Websites and Data Bases.

Our system engineers are aware of this and are working to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Donhost sever 63 . . . . .

Last Updated: 14 March 2013, 16:47

We apologise for any inconvenience this is causing at this time..

This is truly unbelievable!

Donhost server 63 down again.

After taking out two of my clients sites for around 18hrs plus its now taken them out again. Dohost support page message below:

Server 63 Database Connectivity Issues

Created: 15 March 2013, 10:29
    Last Updated: 15 March 2013, 12:25

Some Customers on Server 63 may currently experience intermittent connectivity and visibility issues to their Websites and Databases.

Our system engineers are currently isolating the cause of these connection issues and are looking to resolve this as quickly as possible today.

Donhost server 63 again

Server 63 Database Connectivity Issues

Created: 18 March 2013, 15:30
    Last Updated: --

Some Customers on Server 63 may currently experience connectivity and visibility issues to their Websites and Data Bases. Our system engineers are aware of this and are currently rebooting the server with additional resources. We wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused at this time.

This is a new one >>>"Our system engineers are aware of this and are currently rebooting the server with additional resources."

I haven't got through a single day without significant problems for what seems like weeks now. I have customers sites down again!

DONHOST OUTAGE

I lost services for almost 4 days while server 62 failed and had to get rebuilt.

What planet does Donhost find the technical people that takes 4 days to rebuild a server?

Quote Originally Posted by g7design View Post
    I lost services for almost 4 days while server 62 failed and had to get rebuilt.

What planet does Donhost find the technical people that takes 4 days to rebuild a server?
    The RAID array probably took a few days to rebuild.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123