Cheap High-Bandwidth High-Storage VPS

A long (2+ year) project I am doing with friends involves creating/editing and ultimately distributing video files that are decently large (~400mb). Now to collaborate we need to be able to get these files as quickly as possible. I am looking for a host that has hopefully unlimited, or high, bandwidth and high storage typical. I would also like to host our website in the VPS.

I have found one plan which is 17 Euro a month, which would be ~$22 USD for me a month, and that was with a seedbox company that also offers VPS (unlimited bandwidth @ 200Mbit+, 140GB for the 17 euro, where greater storage costs more). That is on the pricey side though, for something that generates essentially zero income (also they don't list what kind of processor is given and just say 1gb memory).

Are they any hosts you can recommend that at least match some of my criteria (or is the host I found a really good deal)? Thanks.

I've been testing a lot of different budget vps and dedicated solutions lately for personal use for anything from personal video streaming to light personal backup. If you'd settle for a 100mbit line, kimsufi.ie has a really cheap dedicated with a 1TB hd. The drive on mine seemed to pass all tests as quite a healthy drive, I had no issue hitting the 100mbit to the U.S. so their bandwidth is obviously acceptable. The 5TB transfer isn't bad either, and they don't charge for overage but instead just cap the speed (or you can pay for more). The other solutions I've been testing are low storage, and with a budget vps provider I don't trust my data if I need it and can't get it back easily. At least I felt good about having a dedicated HD (even though I didn't ultimately keep this option, I wanted to push for a gigabit line and less storage).

Quote Originally Posted by ryanhewson97 View Post
    I have found a better vps service than that
    Mind sharing?

Quote Originally Posted by are595 View Post
    Mind sharing?
    Check out some of his threads, he started...

@are595
    Why would you host your website on the same VPS as your video files? Looking at the size, wouldn't it saturate your website while serving up your large files?

Get a cheap VPS, like 500gb/mo or so, to run a webserver for $5-10/mo then get a cheap Atom server running a webserver where you link to the video files on your VPS webserver to your cheap Atom server. I saw "unlimited" (read the fine print before you order and definitely file pre-sales tickets) with FDCServers and their Atom processors.

You can get custom VPS servers, but I've seen 100-200gb maximum by most providers. Looking at your project, my suggestion of a $35-50/mo Atom server would give you 250gb+ minimum (and the ability to get much more like if you addon a 1TB drive)