SMTP relay service

Hello,

We moved to the Amazon EC2 but the don't support anything around mail server so we are looking to the best solution for us, price is also very important. Can somebody recommend some companies?

We need :

- 75000 mails/month
    - 1-5 accounts

With kind regards,
    Dries

With 75,000 mails per month you may want to consider a small VPS.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

What are the minimum needs for the VPS then?

Quote Originally Posted by Drieske View Post
    What are the minimum needs for the VPS then?
    If you're just going to install an SMTP relay and you know how to do so or don't mind paying a qualified system administrator to do it you could probably get a 128mb~256mb VPS for around $5~15/month.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

What about a service? I'm sending out 60,000+ emails in one day once each month and trying to go through the logs to figure out why yahoo didn't like it or why some email service in Europe had a problem is a pain.

www.smtp.com seems like something along the lines of what I'd like, are there any services like that that are a bit cheaper?

Quote Originally Posted by temporalillusion View Post
    What about a service? I'm sending out 60,000+ emails in one day once each month and trying to go through the logs to figure out why yahoo didn't like it or why some email service in Europe had a problem is a pain.

www.smtp.com seems like something along the lines of what I'd like, are there any services like that that are a bit cheaper?
    if these 60,000+ emails are part of marketing campaign, newsletters and such, consider using specialized services such as mailchimp.com.

when sending this amount of certain type emails, there are strict rules about email content and delivery methods you need to use in order to successfully deliver and not to get blocked by yahoo and others..

While sending the advertisements or email campaigns make sure they do not fall into spamvertisments. Many things you may consider advertisement, but they might be done in a wrong way.
    Mellowhost - Providing High Quality Web Hosting Services since 2007
    SSD Cpanel Shared, SSD OpenVZ & KVM VPS Hosting
    A Hosting Provider with Complete SSD VPS & Shared Hosting.

In this case I'm actually sending to customers who have downloaded and registered a product that requires email to function so I'm not too concerned with being flagged as spam (the emails contain a link for people to cancel their service if they so desire and the rest of that).

Part of the problem is throttling due to the large volume that we send out on specific days, and part due to just not having all the stuff setup properly for an SMTP server, and part not wanting to have to deal with all the spam if I did set up an SMPT server. I'd rather just work with a service that deals with all that stuff.

We are using smtp.com and there services are far the best of the bumch. Granted the pricing is a little more but well worth it to send out you campigns/emails/newslettters etc.