Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Link Building Tips And Strategies.

Link Building can be a tough job, sometimes frustrating, whether they are one way links or reciprocal. Yet this is something which cannot be ignored totally, link building is the core of SEO, it is the card to higher ranking.

Is link building still very important for rankings?
    Links are still the basic connector, and the only way for google to judge the websites importance. Much has been changed in Google’s algorithm, links which are non relevant are being devalued by google and putting much emphasis on trusted and relevant links, these are identified by “domain age” and ect.

This post will teach you few tips and strategies that can help you manage your link building campaign and achieve high PR links and relevant.

Reciprocal Links:

Reciprocal links are still a good way. However, do not make this your habit and make it as majority of your backlinks.

Links Age:

The age of your backlinks is important, go for permanent links and if you are renting, rent for as long as possible.

Free Links:

1. You will find CraigList to be cheap and free classified services.

2. It is good to answer to peoples’ question and provide a good resourceful link.

3. Submit stories to Digg.com and link it to an article to your site.

4. If you update your content regularly, people will syndicate your RSS content, some of these will provide links.

5. And the last one, forums signatures, yes. Forum signatures are known to be one of the free and best free links that you can get. However, make sure your posts are worth reading and based on quality.

Blog

Stat a blog on your website, update the blog, quality blog posts is what gets you the links.
    Comment on other blogs, few blogs are no follow and they are not good from an SEO point of view. However, if your comment is useful, they can provide direct traffic.
    And Do not forget to list your blog in blog director

Paid Blogging ( Reviews )

Blog review is when advertiser pays you to write a review on their business and services and posting on your blog with links to their website.
    Through this, you won’t get a link only but this will have the people read about your business and get to know what your business is all about.

Testimonials:

This is a new way to create backlinks. For example, if you have a web host, designer or even an SEO, write a positive testimonial to them and send it to them, they would love to publish it and put a link to your website.

Did you find this post helpful? I'd appreciate few greens

(Appreciated your post but no linking to your own web site, edited)

regards,
    Zafar Ahmed
    Last edited by boonchuan; 04-08-2008 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Self Promotion
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you
      0 Not allowed!

Apparently you haven't been keeping up with the dangers of paid links and paid blogging.. If you are going to suggest that someone do this you need to give them a LOT more information about the dangers and proper ways to do it to keep from getting hammered by Google..

The same goes for you "hint" about renting links..

Testimonials are probably the "oldest" form of links on the internet, not the newest..
    Steve
    Metal Monster Marketing : Internet Marketing
      0 Not allowed!

He just regurgitates what he reads Steve.
    William Cross
    Don Halbert *play site*
    william@seofox.com
      0 Not allowed!

Then he should read more up to date sites..
    Steve
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feydakin View Post
    Apparently you haven't been keeping up with the dangers of paid links and paid blogging.. If you are going to suggest that someone do this you need to give them a LOT more information about the dangers and proper ways to do it to keep from getting hammered by Google..

The same goes for you "hint" about renting links..

Testimonials are probably the "oldest" form of links on the internet, not the newest..

Hello,

I think you need to be updated with what's going on in the SEO industry, perhaps you are tooooo much obsessed with few places where they teach you not to buy a link and they still go for it?

There is hypocrisy that Google is doing, let me give you a quote from Google's guideline:

Submit your site to relevant directories such as the Open Directory Project and Yahoo!, as well as to other industry-specific expert sites.
    So a link from Yahoo is not paid link? Yahoo has never been penalised by Google. And do you know that broker websites like http://www.text-link-ads.com/ still exists and never been penalised by Google? Are you aware of this? You need to update your reading material.

More over, your website talks about link building as well, where do you get these high PR links from for your client?

Some sources you should keep up with:
    http://searchenginewatch.com/showPage.html?page=3628721

regards,
    Zafar Ahmed
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nuclei View Post
    He just regurgitates what he reads Steve.

If thats the case, I think you need to update your company rules about link policy.

I am quoting this from SEOFOX

We can help to build up your link popularity by targeting completely relevant websites as link partnersfor you to get your website higher ranking in the various search engines, we can also gather one way links for your website which is thought by many to be the most authoritative links possible. We also offer both general and niche directory submissions in various formats and structures.
    So, do you think Google has a algo to find whether the link partner has a paid link or not?

I suggest you to read these about link building fights which are even a year old and people still follows it, I am shocked to see you didnt know it.

http://searchengineland.com/070420-111550.php

regards,
    Zafar Ahmed
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zafar Ahmed View Post
    And do you know that broker websites like http://www.text-link-ads.com/ still exists and never been penalised by Google? Are you aware of this?
    Ok then, search Text Link Ads and find the www.text-link-ads.com domain for me in the top 100. Go and read all the discussion on Sphinn and 100's of SEO sites regarding TLA being kicked to the kurb, i mean it only happened about 200 days ago now.

Are you aware of this?
      0 Not allowed!

I thought I would share the real original article, not the pathetic "after the rape" version that was posted here.

http://www.seobook.com/archives/001792.shtml
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,

I think you need to be updated with what's going on in the SEO industry, perhaps you are tooooo much obsessed with few places where they teach you not to buy a link and they still go for it?

There is hypocrisy that Google is doing, let me give you a quote from Google's guideline:
    I don't recall ever saying that Google was honest, or good, or not full of Hypocrisy..

So a link from Yahoo is not paid link? Yahoo has never been penalised by Google. And do you know that broker websites like http://www.text-link-ads.com/ still exists and never been penalised by Google? Are you aware of this? You need to update your reading material.

More over, your website talks about link building as well, where do you get these high PR links from for your client?
    There is a MASSIVE difference between a link paid for at Yahoo! and some generic newbs paid blog posts.. You point to Yahoo! as the proof that no one is being penalized for selling links, yet most of us can point to hundreds of sites showing that they are.. Including direct messages from Matt Cutts..

There is a significant number of people that have had most, if not all, of their income destroyed by Google's Jihad against paid links.. Something that they forced in to existence to begin with..

The text link brokers still exist but you can't find them by name when you search for them in Google.. Not penalized??

I also never said "not" to develop links to your website to improve your rankings.. I simply pointed out that some of the methods you were promoting can get the average user in to deep trouble with Google if they are not given ALL of the information that they need to do these things properly or safely..

As for where I get my links, right, like I'm really going to give that up to some random guy on an open forum..
    Steve
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AHFB HTML View Post
    I thought I would share the real original article, not the pathetic "after the rape" version that was posted here.

http://www.seobook.com/archives/001792.shtml
    Like I said, he just regurgitates what he reads.

Zafar: nobody here said you should not build, buy, or otherwise get links any way you can. All steve (feydakin) stated was that before making a post that can get people penalized you should also educate people that buying links indiscimanently can get you penalized. period. end of story. The fact that you cant read what is posted is not our problem.
    Last edited by nuclei; 04-07-2008 at 11:30 AM.
    William Cross
    Don Halbert *play site*
    william@seofox.com
      0 Not allowed!

So a link from Yahoo is not paid link?
    You mean where you pay to get your website REVIEWED for incusion? No, that is not a paid link, but why would I expect you to understand the major difference between BUYING a link (gauranteed) and getting a review (reviewed by a human and only listed if yer site aint total shite), when it would appear that al you can do is read articles from seobook and elsewhere and rewrite them, calling them your own?

With yahoo, you are paying for a review of your website. Not a link.
    William Cross
    Don Halbert *play site*
    william@seofox.com
      0 Not allowed!

If thats the case, I think you need to update your company rules about link policy.

I am quoting this from SEOFOX

So, do you think Google has a algo to find whether the link partner has a paid link or not?

I suggest you to read these about link building fights which are even a year old and people still follows it, I am shocked to see you didnt know it.

http://searchengineland.com/070420-111550.php

regards,
    Zafar Ahmed

Actually no, I see the owner of searchengineland on an almost daily occurance, and I prolly read danny and crews articles before you ever have a chance to see them.

I will assume that your idea of link partners and mine are 2 different things, which is possible. I do not do reciprical links packages any longer for clients, tho I have no time to update my site as regularly as I would like either. I do however set clients up with link partners who supply links to them.
    William Cross
    Don Halbert *play site*
    william@seofox.com
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by 1boss1 View Post
    Ok then, search Text Link Ads and find the www.text-link-ads.com domain for me in the top 100. Go and read all the discussion on Sphinn and 100's of SEO sites regarding TLA being kicked to the kurb, i mean it only happened about 200 days ago now.

Are you aware of this?

Glad you got to this before I did. Tho there are prolly 500 other threads about the same thing elsewhere especially with the huge paid directory zap google did not long ago
    William Cross
    Don Halbert *play site*
    william@seofox.com
      0 Not allowed!

This thread is funny. Why Zafar aloud to start threads like this still moderators?
    Jaan Kanellis | iNET Interactive
      0 Not allowed!

Jaan I agree. It was bad enough when he was just regurgitating old data, but now that he is blatantly rewriting other peoples works as his own....
    William Cross
    Don Halbert *play site*
    william@seofox.com
      0 Not allowed!

Jaan I agree. It was bad enough when he was just regurgitating old data, but now that he is blatantly rewriting other peoples works as his own....
    Is that true?
      0 Not allowed!

Let's look at the opening statement of Zafars link building tips post...

Link Building can be a tough job, sometimes frustrating, whether they are one way links or reciprocal. Yet this is something which cannot be ignored totally, link building is the core of SEO, it is the card to higher ranking.

Now let's look at the opening statement of Aarons SEOBook page entitled 101 link building tips...

Link Building... Time-intensive. Frustrating. Sometimes confusing. Yet Unavoidable. Because ultimately, it's still the trump card for higher rankings.

souce: http://www.seobook.com/archives/001792.shtml
    Maybe it is not as obvious as it seems?
    William Cross
    Don Halbert *play site*
    william@seofox.com
      0 Not allowed!

The biggest mistake people do is getting obsessed with link building strategies and techniques. This most often makes them forget that it's not just building links, but building links that also have relevant content to the content on your site and content that is of value to their audiance. This process has to be implemented naturally not overnight!
      0 Not allowed!

Let's look at the opening statement of Zafars link building tips post...

Now let's look at the opening statement of Aarons SEOBook page entitled 101 link building tips...

Maybe it is not as obvious as it seems?
    DEFINITELY YOU RIGHT NUCLEI! IF WE USE RACIPROCLE LINK SUBMISSION THEN WE HAVE TO PAID FOR THEM, SO ACCORDING ME WE ALWAYS USE REGULER LINK SUBMISSION.
      0 Not allowed!

Question, how do you evaluate whether or not you want to use a web site to link back to you? is it based on Google PR? or the topic? how do you know if having your link on a site could actually hurt you? Is there a way to figure out which web sites out there you definitely do not want your web site linked from?
    Visit today: PHP and Design Talk, Tutorials & Discussion
    http://www.goodphptutorials.com/
      0 Not allowed!

In theory links pointing to your website from other websites that you don't own can't hurt you.. If they could there would be a big industry of linking to sites you want to kill..
    Steve
      0 Not allowed!

what about sites google might consider as bad neighborhood web sites? or sites google black listed? how do you find out if a site is black listed or not? thers got to be a way to have some kind of index or rating system to figure out if you want a web site to link to you or not.
    Visit today: PHP and Design Talk, Tutorials & Discussion
    http://www.goodphptutorials.com/
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by websoltech View Post
    what about sites google might consider as bad neighborhood web sites? or sites google black listed?

The easiest way is simply to do some research. See if the site ranks organicly for any of its keywords, or even it's name, see if google shows any links for it. check people the site is linking to and see how they are ranking for their keywords, etc.
    William Cross
    Don Halbert *play site*
    william@seofox.com
      0 Not allowed!

You concern should be in linking to bad neighborhoods not getting links from.
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by websoltech View Post
    what about sites google might consider as bad neighborhood web sites? or sites google black listed? how do you find out if a site is black listed or not? thers got to be a way to have some kind of index or rating system to figure out if you want a web site to link to you or not.
    You guys make this WAY too hard..

If you are looking for good solid links simply do keyword searches for your terms and similar ones and look at the top ranking sites.. Try to get links from them..

You can't "stop" a site from linking to you.. Google knows this.. So they tend to not penalize you if someone in a "bad neighborhood" links to you.. They may not count the link for you, but they also won't count it against you..

Which makes the whole issue of researching all these websites looking for the "best" links a waste of time.. Just go get links.. Any links.. Let Google decide if they are good for you or not.. In the amount of time you spent worrying about how to find the best links, or links that won't hurt you (they won't) you could have gotten 100 links..

/* So ends Feydakin's guide to basic link building */
    Steve
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast