Selling templates using ClientExec?

Hi everyone.

I have recently moved from WHMCS to ClientExec due to the former breaking after an update and facetious comments from the developers to the effect of "our software couldn't have broken because we coded it perfectly".

The vanilla, untouched, version of WHMCS I installed then updated stopped working, wouldn't show payment gateways and various other bugs appeared. If that isn't a bug, I don't know what is. And I refuse to pay for a total lack of support and sardonic support ticket replies.

The issue I now face is that my main business, which is selling templates and custom scripts, doesn't seem to be possible with ClientExec.

An example would be selling templates and plugins for an arcade CMS. There doesn't seem to be a way to allow different clients access to the files apart from giving them access to the entire group.

Am I being a complete idiot and missing something?

I would hate to have to create a CMS just for this when I'm using ClientExec for hosting account control.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Elev8 View Post
    Am I being a complete idiot and missing something?
    Yes, <<snipped>> you just made a not so very wise business move now your here asking for help... In future I,d say revise any such moves and make note of how it will impact your business, From the looks of it you have burnt your bridges with WHMCS so your now screwed

What problems was you having with WHMCS exactly?

Many times I see people having problems with WHMCS after an upgrade just for the problem to be resolved when they clear their browser cache or refresh did you do this step?
    Last edited by bear; 02-16-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    Yes, <<removed>> you just made a not so very wise business move now your here asking for help... In future I,d say revise any such moves and make note of how it will impact your business, From the looks of it you have burnt your bridges with WHMCS so your now screwed

What problems was you having with WHMCS exactly?

Many times I see people having problems with WHMCS after an upgrade just for the problem to be resolved when they clear their browser cache or refresh did you do this step?

I have 15 years coding experience so I am well aware of how caching effects websites.
    I just don't want to code my own CMS if ClientExec can already do what I require.

So you're saying that a default install of a script, which is updated as per the developers instructions, and the resultant corruption of installation is a design feature?

The payment gateways, that worked perfectly fine before the upgrade, didn't display or complete when hacked to do so.
    How, exactly, could that be caused by caching?

On two occasions developers from WHMCS had access to the admin area and couldn't fix the issue. How many kinds or retarded is that?

<<snipped>>
    Last edited by Mike V; 02-16-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elev8 View Post
    I have 15 years coding experience so I am well aware of how caching effects websites.
    I just don't want to code my own CMS if ClientExec can already do what I require.

So you're saying that a default install of a script, which is updated as per the developers instructions, and the resultant corruption of installation is a design feature?

<<snipped>>
    If your WHMCS installation was working fine before upgrading then its clear something was done wrong during the upgrade process, Who upgraded this exactly?

So you have 15 years coding experience but yet your using someone elses product?

Clientexec is more geared towards hosting than WHMCS...

<<snipped>>
    Last edited by bear; 02-16-2012 at 10:29 AM.

hi,

im a clientexec lovers..

try creating a template for clientexec.. i believe the demand is there
    Looking for shared or reseller or VPS Hosting ?
    Try our service at https://www.sosys.net!
    Singapore - Indonesia - Malaysia